Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Based on the book Normal People by Sally Rooney a 12 part series on BBC three and HULU.

Anyone else watching?

Reactions: 1
Ahh yes, I saw the trailer and it looked great, love the scenery and the music so will watch the first episode tomorrow sometime!

I love it so much.

It’s brought the book to life, not easy given how internal the narrative is. I wasn’t convinced it could be done justice. The actors are superb, able to convey so much with little dialogue.

Reactions: 5
I binge watched the first five episodes yesterday on iPlayer. I haven't read the book but I am really enjoying the television adaptation.

Reactions: 3
Just started watching this. Haven’t read the book! I have a terrible attention span when it comes to watching things on tv but I am loving this so far. Beautifully acted.

Reactions: 2
Binged most of it, have to say if someone breathed in my mouth the way Connell does i think I’d have an asthma attack

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watched the first 2 episodes tonight and I loved it! I even cried a little at the end scene when Connell spoke the way he did ( don't wanna give any spoilers away in case no one has seen it yet)

It's set in Dublin as well, I miss that place.

Gonna resist the urge to binge watch as it gives me something to look forward to.

Binged most of it, have to say if someone breathed in my mouth the way Connell does i think I’d have an asthma attack
He is absolutely stunning 😍

Reactions: 2
The book broke me heart in a million pieces and it’s so hard watching the show 😭

Finished the last episode this afternoon. I’m still gutted it’s all over hours later. Very emotional and just so well acted so it felt like you were watching real people. I have to give myself a slap 👋🏻 now and tell myself to get a grip 😂 Oh but Connell 😍

Reactions: 11
Finished the last episode this afternoon. I’m still gutted it’s all over hours later. Very emotional and just so well acted so it felt like you were watching real people. I have to give myself a slap 👋🏻 now and tell myself to get a grip 😂 Oh but Connell 😍
Just finished tonight, feel at a bit of a loss now....

Reactions: 4
I just finished too, wow. I think I will watch it all again tomorrow. I have never watched anything so perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really loved it - binge watched the lot. I was wary as I had really disliked the book. I could not stand book Marianne, so irritating and 'quirky', so much so I wondered if she was intentionally meant to be awful.
But straight away TV Marianne was sympathetic and likeable and interesting (not try hard eccentric) and I could actually see why they liked each other so much.
Connell was lovely.
(Funnily enough I knew I recognised him from something even though it said it was his first role - here in Ireland he appeared in a Denny's advert for sausages - it was driving me mad).

Reactions: 8
Think I’m going to have to watch it all again. I need to fill the void it’s left 💔

The two actors must have fancied each other in real life to have chemistry like that, they were electric!

Reactions: 16
You know a show is good if after 2 episodes it's all you can think about....

I never thought I'd be wanting Monday to come around so quick.

Reactions: 8
Literally obsessed with this I’ve not read the book but I’m on episode 6 and it’s all I’m thinking about.
I have so many thoughts and it’s really taken me aback how it has taken me back to those years in my own life. How at that age things just don’t make total sense Sally Rooney has captured that so perfectly I also had relationship with someone similar to Marianne and Connell at around their ago too so it’s really made me think about things that happened back all those years ago

Incredible piece of work this story and I want to read to the book now

Reactions: 10
Literally obsessed with this I’ve not read the book but I’m on episode 6 and it’s all I’m thinking about.
I have so many thoughts and it’s really taken me aback how it has taken me back to those years in my own life. How at that age things just don’t make total sense Sally Rooney has captured that so perfectly I also had relationship with someone similar to Marianne and Connell at around their ago too so it’s really made me think about things that happened back all those years ago

Incredible piece of work this story and I want to read to the book now
Yes! It took me straight back to doing
my a levels. I can't stop thinking about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Think I’m going to have to watch it all again. I need to fill the void it’s left 💔

The two actors must have fancied each other in real life to have chemistry like that, they were electric!
every mention of the show Ive seen in video interviews or press articles seems to clearly mention and praise the use of an intimacy coach, i wonder how much of their chemistry was due to this.

Yes I read the bit about the intimacy coach!! I would like some intimacy coaching with Connell please 🤣 ‘pulls self together immediately and remembers she is a 34 year old married mum of two!’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11