Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished binge watching. Jesus that was so intense. Amazing,the actors were 1st class. They def need nominated for awards.

Reactions: 8
Think I’m going to have to watch it all again. I need to fill the void it’s left 💔

The two actors must have fancied each other in real life to have chemistry like that, they were electric!
They do have good chemistry but were both dating other people at the time of filming although he’s now split from his girlfriend. She said her boyfriend watched the sex scenes through gritted teeth!

Reactions: 2
They do have good chemistry but were both dating other people at the time of filming although he’s now split from his girlfriend. She said her boyfriend watched the sex scenes through gritted teeth!
Oh my word can you imagine!!! I don’t know if that chemistry can be acted it seemed so real! I felt like I was intruding watching 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh my word can you imagine!!! I don’t know if that chemistry can be acted it seemed so real! I felt like I was intruding watching 😂
Worse she said both her parents and his parents watched it! Not sure as a parent I would want to see my son's flacid penis!!

I'm sure when it develops a big enough fan base, young people will be expecting them to get together in real life but think she's been with her boyfriend a long time (he's an actor too, Tom Varey).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m on episode 6 for the second time in less than a week. Watching it again already, someone help me...I’m sick 😂 I’d love them to do a second series 🤞🏻

I was thinking about this. They are both clearly talented actors and youd think with it been both of their first major roles as such their whole family would be proud - but surely as a parent of your child it'd be a difficult watch . Like do you watch it to celebrate child's achievements and their talent or not

I was thinking about this. They are both clearly talented actors and youd think with it been both of their first major roles as such their whole family would be proud - but surely as a parent of your child it'd be a difficult watch . Like do you watch it to celebrate child's achievements and their talent or not
You'd think the parents would skip over the sex scenes surely? My husband would feel extremely uncomfortable seeing his daughter naked and having simulated sex on screen!

They do both excel in this series though. So rightly their parents should be proud.

I’ve just started. I’d been putting it off as I loved the book but heard such good things I relented. Loving it. Also really fancy Connell even if I am 8 years older. Plus having Imogen Heap in the soundtrack. I loooooove that song.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Watched it all in 2 day’s. I loved the book and I’m soo happy the series was just as good!

Both lead actors were incredible, I’ll be surprised if they don’t win awards and go on to have successful acting careers.

OMG it's so beautiful and utterly romantic. I wish I was young again! LOL. And yes, love the music that accompanies it too, great choices...

Reactions: 10
Absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed the book, but loved the series. Those actors really brought their characters to life. They have to clean up at the awards, surely. I didn't even think they could make a TV show out of that book, just goes to show...

Loved, loved loved it. The chemistry between Connell and Marianne was amazing. The Irish scenery was breathtaking. Cried at so many parts of it. It made envious that I never will experience University again. The acting was incredible. And loved the soundtrack.

Reactions: 13
I thought it was incredible😍❤
watched all 12 episodes last Sunday. I couldn’t stop! Haha
I can’t believe it is Paul Mescal’s first tv job. He was SO incredible. His portrayal of depression and grief was so important.

when he apologised to her, and she accepted it. I cried my eyes out! So beautiful❤

Give them both all the awards 👏🏼 👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ive watched 3 episodes and I'm loving it so far! I enjoyed the book and like another post above I didn't think they could make a show out of it but its excellent so far!

I love his mum so much. And I've cried about 4 times already, some of the scenes have made me feel so sad for Marianne.

I read the book ages ago and loved it. Just finished this. Amazing. It gave me all the feels 😍 brilliant soundtrack too. No matter how many times I hear Yazoo's version of Only You it still gets to me.

I must be the only person in the world who didn’t like the book....and thinks the tv show is okay? Connell is GREAT. But the rest? It seems kind of like what I’d have loved age 17. I don’t know. I’m usually a big fan of slow stories but I just don’t get the huge hype. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I read the book in one sitting, waiting to see what would happen.. yet I can barely remember it now 🤦🏻‍♀️ I remember thinking Sally built up the characters so well. Maybe I should give it a go.