Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The song is referenced in the Guardian article:

As for Dr Who set, it is said

From other reports, Barrowman’s behavior was widely accepted on the Dr Who set. I seem to recall that Catherine Tate said when she first met Barrowman in the makeup trailer, he immediately suggested they swap phone numbers, and the makeup person told her “but he’ll just send you the pictures of his willy” (which he apparently did). She also said when the three of them (plus Tennant) were filming their first scene together, he whipped it out (when he was out of shot), and she was completely freaked out, while David just ignored it. I mean, she was definitely not a novice and could have said something, but if the common attitude was “oh it’s just John being John” I can see how people could not be willing to come forward. In situations like these you’re often made to look as if you’re the problem - “come on, don’t be a spoilsport, have some sense of humour” etc.
And also actors have for years felt it ok to casually mention it in interviews where they clearly don’t think it would be seen as anything but funny.

Reactions: 11
All this stuff coming out from the Doctor Who set makes it a bit more clear about why Eccleston left after one series... He was obviously a bit more professional, and from what I've read he had falling outs with his bosses, maybe he saw stuff and wasn't happy with the way it was handled?
I think you could be right here. Also his Dad was sick at this time so a number of things probably forced him to leave.

Reactions: 2
I think you could be right here. Also his Dad was sick at this time so a number of things probably forced him to leave.
I would be surprised if he comes out and says he reported Barrowman because that would outright prove RTD lied and surely you wouldn’t risk that.

Reactions: 5
If I flashed my gash at work I'd be fired on the spot and probably even arrested for public indency, as no doubt any straight male would, especially if women were witness (and then it would probably be considered a sexual offence). But for some reason it's just banter when it's a gay man? It's vile behaviour and he can't have been under any illusion how uncomfortable that would make people, nevermind unbelievably unhygienic. The fact he thinks he can just brush that off by saying it was a joke, honestly just confirms the opinion I've always held on him and I really fail to believe RTD could have been completely unaware of what was happening when everyone else wasn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Dusty
If I flashed my gash at work I'd be fired on the spot and probably even arrested for public indency, as no doubt any straight male would, especially if women were witness (and then it would probably be considered a sexual offence). But for some reason it's just banter when it's a gay man? It's vile behaviour and he can't have been under any illusion how uncomfortable that would make people, nevermind unbelievably unhygienic. The fact he thinks he can just brush that off by saying it was a joke, honestly just confirms the opinion I've always held on him and I really fail to believe RTD could have been completely unaware of what was happening when everyone else wasn't.
Dusty Rusty and his motley Cardiff crew were somewhat drunk on the power back then. Some egos were completely out of control, to say the least. Eccleston was miscast and quite hopeless in the role, in my opinion, but he never stood a chance given what he had to work with, and I respect him for challenging that establishment and resigning in a discreet and professional manner. Witness what they did to him in return.

“Who writes this tit?” 😂

Reactions: 5
Plus, he’s a Union man through and through. He used to make sure the crew got their allotted breaks. This caused tension at the BBC re budgeting etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
b u l l S H I T
Barrowman was embarrassingly desperate to come back to Doctor Who to the point he made himself look stupid, but wasnt invited back for the whole of Steven Moffat's tenure. Moffat was a regular writer and part of the team during RTD's reign as Showrunner. I wonder whether his 'jokes' were why he wasnt invited back?

Reactions: 8
Moffat's tenure wasn't perfect itself. I wouldn't buy Moffat being reluctant to bring Jack back, due to the fact that he shares similar humour to RTD/Barrowman/Clarke himself.

Reactions: 1
Barrowman was embarrassingly desperate to come back to Doctor Who to the point he made himself look stupid, but wasnt invited back for the whole of Steven Moffat's tenure. Moffat was a regular writer and part of the team during RTD's reign as Showrunner. I wonder whether his 'jokes' were why he wasnt invited back?
Maybe but Moffat’s vision for the show wouldn‘t really have suited Captain Jack.

Reactions: 1
2021-05-08 (5).png
2021-05-08 (4).png
2021-05-08 (6).png
2021-05-08 (7).png

saw this on twitter. JB is lucky it didn't go viral. I just really don't know what to say anymore....

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I'm not a big Dr who fan at all but something about JB has not sat right with me from the first time I saw him on tv. His fake accent, rubbish acting got me thinking how the heck he got roles on prime time tv. I think I'm starting to see why now. Not sure what to make of it all. One thing I do know is it's not "tomfoolery" to take your dick out and flap it in peoples faces.. sick. Thinking he can excuse it as high jinks? 🤢🙄

Reactions: 12
Barrowman sounds bleeping disturbed. Like, compulsively getting his cock out, sending unsolicited dickpics to ANYONE, people who he's not even sexually interested in like C. Tate ... he sounds like he'd be arrested constantly if he weren't in anything but the entertainment industry, which has clearly been a safe space for his need to make others 'uncomfortable' with having a man flash them, touch them with his cock, etc.

Reactions: 20
From other reports, Barrowman’s behavior was widely accepted on the Dr Who set. I seem to recall that Catherine Tate said when she first met Barrowman in the makeup trailer, he immediately suggested they swap phone numbers, and the makeup person told her “but he’ll just send you the pictures of his willy” (which he apparently did). She also said when the three of them (plus Tennant) were filming their first scene together, he whipped it out (when he was out of shot), and she was completely freaked out, while David just ignored it. I mean, she was definitely not a novice and could have said something, but if the common attitude was “oh it’s just John being John” I can see how people could not be willing to come forward. In situations like these you’re often made to look as if you’re the problem - “come on, don’t be a spoilsport, have some sense of humour” etc.
I found the video where it’s being said, and turns out I was misremembering - it was pictures of his butt he was sending people, and during filming he was also wiggling his naked butt - out of shot, but in the line of vision of other actors. But amazingly, she tells this story at a convention right in front of Barrowman, and he clearly finds it hilarious, and the audience seems to think it’s great fun as well. He actually goes on to repeat it right there on stage, and says it’s not the first time at that convention (“first time since lunch, maybe”), and the moderator even says: “It’s really not a comic con until you see Barrowman’s butt.”

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I can't think of any occasion in which a man flashing his genitals to people at work can be anything other than sexual harassment. I think he has got away with it as he flashed to both sexes and did it with a big smile on his face. No wonder he was smiling. Dirty bastard. I wonder if he did this to the voiceless people, cleaners etc who were made powerless by all the oh so liberal cast smiling indulgently and composing songs about his cock.

• Sad
Reactions: 16