No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Specsavers, are they franchise owned? Perhaps they have different rules at different branches, I went in October and was allowed to try on as many glasses as I liked, but instead of putting them back on the rack I had to put them in a little tub so they could be sanitised. Wearing a mask while having my eyes tested was awful though. Kept steaming up the little lens machine thingy. Bloody horrible.

Reactions: 4
Re Specsavers, are they franchise owned? Perhaps they have different rules at different branches, I went in October and was allowed to try on as many glasses as I liked, but instead of putting them back on the rack I had to put them in a little tub so they could be sanitised. Wearing a mask while having my eyes tested was awful though. Kept steaming up the little lens machine thingy. Bloody horrible.
I think they must be franchise owned! I’m dreading my eye test I’m due one now but after that experience I’ll go somewhere else!!

I could probably try and force myself to wear a mask through my eye test if I made the examiner aware and had breaks to go outside and breathe in between but - I do get panic attacks when I wear them due to something that happened to me as a child when my mouth was forced closed and I couldn’t breathe properly ive struggled to regulate my breathing even when a scarf is covering my face it would trigger me to feel panic.

For my child though that really was just so horrendous I wish I could erase it from her memory and mine I’m dreading the next appointment at a different opticians incase it’s traumatised her 😥 all this for a bleeping mask I mean I wasnt even sitting close to the examiner I was sat about 3 metres away my child was happy to sit on the chair herself so long as she could see me and then when the mask went on she just freaked out 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve had 2 eye tests at Vision Express over the last month or so and had good experiences both times I went. I didn’t wear a mask and I was also able to choose my own glasses (I basically had every pair in the display out because I’m fussy/don’t really suit them!) and they just put them to one side to sanitise after I was done.

What happened to you in Specsavers would be a disgrace for an adult let alone a 4 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm still choosing to wear my mask in shops, cafes, etc (apart from when I've sat down). Whereas most people don't seem to be in my local area, so I'm the one getting looks now.

Not that I care. I'll continue to wear my mask for now, regardless of what anyone else thinks. I don't see why they care... if I had covid, they'd be safer!
It doesn't bother me if people wear masks and I never give people looks, but I wish they could see the ridiculousness of this bit and how it doesn't make sense

Reactions: 8
I think they must be franchise owned! I’m dreading my eye test I’m due one now but after that experience I’ll go somewhere else!!

I could probably try and force myself to wear a mask through my eye test if I made the examiner aware and had breaks to go outside and breathe in between but - I do get panic attacks when I wear them due to something that happened to me as a child when my mouth was forced closed and I couldn’t breathe properly ive struggled to regulate my breathing even when a scarf is covering my face it would trigger me to feel panic.

For my child though that really was just so horrendous I wish I could erase it from her memory and mine I’m dreading the next appointment at a different opticians incase it’s traumatised her 😥 all this for a bleeping mask I mean I wasnt even sitting close to the examiner I was sat about 3 metres away my child was happy to sit on the chair herself so long as she could see me and then when the mask went on she just freaked out 😖
I feel so bad for you and your daughter that you had to go through that and were treated so badly. I totally understand - my son never smiles at people in masks and they freak him out too - I also have difficulty wearing masks due to my anxiety so I will not wear one. Since I decided that I was exempt and stopped wearing them last year I noticed that I now have far less heart palpitations. They had no right to expect you to wear a mask. I’ve heard awful things about Specsavers throughout this, they seem to be enjoying the authority. I’ll certainly never go back there for my eye tests.

Specsavers are franchise owned. I applied for a job years ago in my local one. The store was owned by a husband and wife and they also owned another branch. They have to follow the guidelines set by head office. Now restrictions have pretty much been lifted they really need to think about what they are doing. Plenty of people will go elsewhere. I am only wearing a mask on a busy train, other than that I'm mask free. I've had a constant cold for the last few months and after wfh, isolating and mask wearing, I feel I'm picking up coughs and colds quicker. We're back in the office now and have been for three weeks, we're all coughing and sneezing.

• Heart
Reactions: 1