Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adding a thread for Niomi.

Discuss here ?

I must admit I'm a bit bored of Niomi's content. Her recent video on Brixton really only showed the gentrified parts rather than the well known and loved cultural gems.

I do believe Niomi, as one of the Instagram/YT set, lives in a curated bubble of matcha tea drinking, and sniffing of flowers outside of luxury cafes.

Reactions: 9
I agree Niomi is just too boring for me to watch. I used to like her what I eat in a day but just find them all the same now. I lifestyle is too focused on her diet and working out to a point that sometimes I don't think it is healthy.

Reactions: 10
I'm not going to watch her, but find it infuriating when people in their little bubble leave Soho house occasionally to go over to gentrified places and show boring stuff and have no understanding of huge impact it's has on the area and pushed people out. Probably a bit sensitive on Brixton as my nan lived there, and I find it all so boring now. I cycle past regularly and all those people hanging outside the ritzy saying how nice the place is now.

Reactions: 7
I think Niomi is indeed a very nice person, educated and genuinely a "good person" in a sense that she treats people nicely/friendly/respectful. But I don't know, I always think she's living in SUCH a bubble. She's not snobbish or something but she always wears designer clothes, goes to high class events, wimbleton, is proud that her boyfriend's parents were invited to the royal wedding and always had this very privileged life and never mentions this or seems to be interested in different things than her "class" normally is. I don't know if I described it very well. I think she's a nice girl but all of this makes her so flat that she seems not even like an individual person but more like a typical character or stereotype. I can't watch her without an aftertaste of this

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I like her, but she seems (to me) like a Princess Diana wanna be. Then again, I would love living her life, -I think- but she is indeed privileged, which isn't her fault.
I think it is more noticable because when she was with Marcus she tried to blend with the rest of the gleamers and acted relatable when irl she wasn't.

Reactions: 9
I enjoyed her new vlog and wish she had done a tour of the boat/yacht they were staying on but I didn't like the way she was acting when her sister said she has an ice cream everyday. There's nothing wrong with her having ice cream everyday in a hot country while on holiday but Niomi acted like it was absurd. I wish she would relax with her ideas on food.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Packaging is nice, but I wonder if boots know that Naomi gets just over 100k views a video - she doesn't really have a bit following and is loosing subs. It's made by slg so it will be cheaply formulated products.

Looks like she took the space zoella left behind now she's not in boots this Christmas. Could even be all the products were designed for zoella and just the name has been change.
10250135.jpeg
10250138.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Packaging is nice, but I wonder if boots know that Naomi gets just over 100k views a video - she doesn't really have a bit following and is loosing subs. It's made by slg so it will be cheaply formulated products.

Looks like she took the space zoella left behind now she's not in boots this Christmas. Could even be all the products were designed for zoella and just the name has been change.
View attachment 656View attachment 657
I like that she made sure its vegan friendly/not tested on animals.

Yel

I like that she made sure its vegan friendly/not tested on animals.
I think they would have to be if it has Naomi's name on it.

Although to be honest it's not a huge accomplishment - even the zoella brand is now vegan / not tested on animals. It's more because they are using existing formulations that don't need to be tested than going to any additional effort.

Edit I don't think the latest zoella collection is vegan as it contains beeswax but definitely for splash botanics they said it was vegan friendly / not tested on animals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think this packaging is waaaaay (and I mean waaaaay) more beautiful and creative than everything Zoella ever "produced". And Naomi doesn't even claim to be soooo interested in the creative process and packaging/designing behind a product.

Edit: just look at this avocado thingy and then everything box-shaped pastelly from everything in Zoes ranges

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think this packaging is waaaaay (and I mean waaaaay) more beautiful and creative than everything Zoella ever "produced". And Naomi doesn't even claim to be soooo interested in the creative process and packaging/designing behind a product.

Edit: just look at this avocado thingy and then everything box-shaped pastelly from everything in Zoes ranges
I agree to me it looks like a lot more thought and effort went into this range than Zoella... don’t know about quality though!

Reactions: 1
I can see Niomi's products being bought as gifts for people, avocados, water bottles and pineapples are very trendy at the moment on Instragram.

okay wow Niomi is getting a lot of hate in the comments of her "my big product reveal" video

Ooh I just had to screen shot those incase they disappear. But there's just loads and loads of them. It's surprising she thought she could get away with selling cheap crappy products with such a high markup. She's just in it for the money.

Screenshot_20180916-221146.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-220947.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-221121.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-221008.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-221025.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-221051.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-220926.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-221202.jpg
Screenshot_20180916-220859.jpg

Reactions: 5
This video is even woorse than I thought, goes from showing a hugely overpackaged products with loads of plastic, to a water bottle where she goes on about how important it is not to use plastic, straight on to saying how great her 100% polyester wash bag is. I didn't ever think she was smart, but never knew she was this stupid.

She's got some cheek calling this a health and wellness range.
Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Beta-Glucan, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxyacetophenone, Parfum, PEG-100 Stearate, Persea Gratissima Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vaccinium Angustifolium Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus Fruit Extract, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.
Read more at https://www.boots.com/niomi-smart-be-you-tiful-10250136#lZ9xhoRh4ApJ27gx.99

woah these are a LOT of different types of alcohol in the ingredients.
I can't believe that there's an actual TEAM behind her and thinking about what her brand is about and not thinking through these double moral strandards with the ingredients and the environmental part - and the fact that Niomi herself is just using high end make up & designer products

And that's just in the hand cream.

I've always thought she's a fraud, she just picked the vegan and heath brand as her niche as no one else in gleam was doing that and it's lucrative rather than any deeply held beliefs.

She's replying to comments saying how much she loves the products and is so proud of them.

She's done deals with fast fashion / polyester clothes apparently so this isn't the first time her ethics have all changed in order to pick up a pay cheque.

I think her management know her views and subs are bad so might as well make money while they can. Ultimately she's disposable and like most of them was just right place right time.

Gleam clearly realise the time of their YouTubers is coming to an end, and are just making sure they make as much money of the “talent” as possible, and the YouTubers themselves are allowing it for the money too. Niomi releasing this range screams of a cash grab.

So glad that people are pulling her up on this, these days people read the packets and won't be fooled by an avocado packaging and 0.001% avocado oil.

She's outed herself that she had little to do with it by only talking about the packaging and showing a photoshoot for a simple shot.

These are just fodder for gifts and goes totally against a minimal lifestyle. People want less but higher quality.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.