Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
^ Yes, I read that too: Jo Malone sold her company but set up another company called Jo Loves a few years ago (I think that's what it's called) after she got bored lol (her words from an interview I read).

Aren't Jo Malone products now nothing to do with the person Jo Malone? I heard Jo sold her company to a big corporation
Yes, the other company I mentioned - Jo loves is what Jo Malone runs now. She started as soon as the time restrictions from Estee Lauder who bought her company ended.

Of course niomi doesn't care if the company that pays her is cruelty free or not.

Reactions: 2
She came across so boastful in the Paris vlog. I don't know what it is, but everything seems like it has to be sOoOo peachy or she can't cope with the image she's put out. It's becoming insufferable.

I'm finding it really hard to define anything I still like about her.

Reactions: 3
She came across so boastful in the Paris vlog. I don't know what it is, but everything seems like it has to be sOoOo peachy or she can't cope with the image she's put out. It's becoming insufferable.

I'm finding it really hard to define anything I still like about her.
So curated, so 'wholesome' but so for the gram/society life. I agree it must be tiring. Eat Smart was probably the peak. I wonder if there will be another book.

Reactions: 4
So curated, so 'wholesome' but so for the gram/society life. I agree it must be tiring. Eat Smart was probably the peak. I wonder if there will be another book.

I agree. I've actually wondered but never worked out, did all her recipes in Eat Smart really come from her alone? I wonder how long she worked on and kept tweaking the recipes before publishing them. I keep thinking some had to have been inspired by or bits and pieces taken from others.

Yel

I agree. I've actually wondered but never worked out, did all her recipes in Eat Smart really come from her alone? I wonder how long she worked on and kept tweaking the recipes before publishing them. I keep thinking some had to have been inspired by or bits and pieces taken from others.
They were all copy and pasted from blogs. No way would she dare put out another book as gleam books these days rightfully get the criticism they deserve.

Niomi's contribution to her book was showing up to the photoshoot and eating the food made by other people.

She couldn't release another book anyway as all "her recipes" she releases on her channel every couple of weeks. For it to be genuine she would have to work hard behind the scenes for a long time. She hasn't got the patience for that when easy money can be made by just posting ads for cruelty companies such as Jo Malone and Oral-B.

But aren’t all recipe books like that thought ?! Most recipes are inspired by others etc. I love taking a recipe and tweaking it etc .

Yel

But aren’t all recipe books like that thought ?! Most recipes are inspired by others etc. I love taking a recipe and tweaking it etc .
There's truth to saying there's nothing new under the sun. But so many gleam books like niomi's and Alfie's are nothing more than blatant rip offs. At least girl online had a ghostwriter rather than a copier and pasted.

Reactions: 4
There's truth to saying there's nothing new under the sun. But so many gleam books like niomi's and Alfie's are nothing more than blatant rip offs. At least girl online had a ghostwriter rather than a copier and pasted.
Right, I agree. I'm sure no matter how hard someone has worked, their knowledge of part of it came from someone before them. Like basic baking or breadmaking principles, say. But, I don't think she worked hard behind the scenes testing stuff until she, alone got it right. I think there was a lot of things handed to her and inspiration from other vegan cookbooks and tricks that had already come before. Just putting her own twist on it.

Sad to say, even if it's blatant rip offs, it'll probably be the best work she ever does.

Reactions: 1
Her new video

I don't think she has the best authority got to talk about this when she is part of the problem

Reactions: 10
Her new video

I don't think she has the best authority got to talk about this when she is part of the problem
Exactly. It made me sick. Saw it when I logged in and couldn't believe that she had the gall to talk about insecurity and comparing yourself to others. And some mumbo about realizing people aren't perfect and have flaws. Ok then show a bit of yours? Otherwise you're just feeding this model of perfection that the people you're trying to cater to can't live up to.

Reactions: 6
on various recent instagram postsshe has tagged "gifted" and "presstrip" but not ad.. I thought these kind of things needed to all be tagged as ad now, or am I wrong?

Yel

on various recent instagram postsshe has tagged "gifted" and "presstrip" but not ad.. I thought these kind of things needed to all be tagged as ad now, or am I wrong?
Niomi has decided not to follow them. She's always putting #gifted right at the end of a long post and not marking it as a paid partnership. She's one of the worst offenders and because she claims to be vegan and smiles gets away with alot.
Screenshot_20190406-071619.jpg

I noticed a lot of them do this...when the rules first came out people were all 'I'm not marking it as an ad if it was just gifted!'. I'm sure you're supposed to be the ad/gifted at the beginning of the post as well.

Yel

and her book was good
Although that is congrats to all the bloggers she copied the recipes from and the team the publishers employed to take photos, cook the food, style the food and edit it. Her work for the book she "wrote" started and ended at turning up for the glamour photo shoot for the cover.

She's gleam to the core and never lets integrity get in the way of getting a payday. Ridiculously contradictory - will go from traveling first class to then talking about the sustainability of the new landrovers or how important it is to have a reusable water bottle.

Reactions: 10
I have one thing to credit Niomi on and that's the fact that imo she has a calming voice and is much easier to listen to than a lot of youtubers who give me anxiety with the way they talk. She's got a good way of presenting things and it's a shame she's such a fake and sells out at every single turn.

Just caught bits of that Italy vlog and it just makes me sick. The places she gets to go and the lack of actual real work is .... a bummer but not surprising. All of the popular YTers have lived like this at one point I feel like.

But I get SO annoyed everyone was catering to her dietary needs ( as someone who has them myself) her "needs" feel just more like wants that everybody has to accommodate, when she's a vegan only because of what it does for HER, not others. And she says she's being a "gym snob" ... she's not wrong. She always is. Who tf goes on a vacation like that and then gets up to go to the gym. Not trying to offend others that might do so, I just feel like there's plenty of time for that when you get back, and I feel that she just has a real issue with control and the fitness stuff being her way to fulfill that. It's like someone else I know who's obsessed with their grades to the point they just live and breathe it and can't miss one day without practicing a certain ritual.

Last edited:
Naomi still promoting those 80% polyester charity t-shirts for £60. Not actually saying how much is going to charity with their cut, I doubt she's doing this for free. What about all the microfibres released into the water?

https://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/magazine/style-notes-we-are-women/

Niomi: 2018 was a massive year for women to feel empowered, and laid so many foundations for this year ahead. I think 2019 is all about putting that into practice, and that starts with supporting the women around you in your life. The best thing you can do is just be there to listen: be a person that your friends and family can talk to and truly listen to what they have to say.

How about just supporting everyone?

She did an AD for ethical non toxic fibre clothes while also having her link in bio for another AD for polyester clothes. Of course she posted a selfie of Notre dame in support :rolleyes:

I just don't even understand the logic of why half of these companies advertise with her, who in her fanbase is likely to be in the position to buy a land rover ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.