Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching her Paris vlogs, I liked that she seemed quite appreciative to be in Paris, but hair extensions for a hair care advert? Doesn't that seem abit misleading?

Reactions: 4
I was watching her Paris vlogs, I liked that she seemed quite appreciative to be in Paris, but hair extensions for a hair care advert? Doesn't that seem abit misleading?
Although the extensions made her hair look lovely, I was surprised she kept referring to them actually, especially as the main point of the vlog was to advertise this upcoming hair range that's supposed to be 'natural' with an emphasis on botanical ingredients (apparently). I agree It's very misleading and hypocritical but we've come to be expect that with most youtubers....even Niomi lol

Although the extensions made her hair look lovely, I was surprised she kept referring to them actually, especially as the main point of the vlog was to advertise this upcoming hair range that's supposed to be 'natural' with an emphasis on botanical ingredients (apparently). I agree It's very misleading and hypocritical but we've come to be expect that with most youtubers....even Niomi lol

Reactions: 2
Watching her vlogs.
Naomi is basically the Stevia of youtube.
Overly sweet, a bit too sweet.
As far as I’m aware harmless but just seems a bit too fake.
Kinda leaves artificial taste in your mouth.
?

Reactions: 13
Watching her vlogs.
Naomi is basically the Stevia of youtube.
Overly sweet, a bit too sweet.
As far as I’m aware harmless but just seems a bit too fake.
Kinda leaves artificial taste in your mouth.
[emoji52]
Yeah it's a bit too much sweetness for my personal taste, which actually ends up leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
I'd love to be a fly and see how she'd cope with a rude af queue jumper. Would she go balistic like me and almost make the person run all thanks to my evil look? I doubt it.

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 3
If she had not tried to market herself as some kind of sustainable and ethical vegan I would not have much of an issue with her - just another gleambot.

But in the last month she's taken money from non vegan makeup companies (despite the plethora of vegan makeup brands out there) and promoted products from companies that test on animals. That along with the cook book with recipes stolen from small bloggers, the artificial products and other sillyness like promoting a new land rover that's (a tiny bit more) sustainable makes her look like such a fraud. I don't even follow her so I'm sure she's done way more ads recently that don't match her proclaimed ethics.

I did spot her products in boots yesterday, still lots left but in fairness there were for all of the boots 3 for 2. Maybe people have woken up to what bad value that is. The bottles didn't have a tag or any writing on the underneath to say where they were made, what they were made from or even the EU safety logo, I think that is against the law.
The packaging is lovley espically for the bath fizzers, but unsurprisingly is the plastic coated cardboard that is very difficult to recycle. It's 2018 if she wanted it could have easily been cardboard without plastic that can easily be composted or recycled.

Sorry long post but she's just as money hungry as every other gleambot. She may believe she has some ethics but they all go out of the window with the pursuit of making money.

Did she go to Tanya's Christmas party this year? Last year did and complained that she only had carrot sticks and hummus to eat in her vlog.

If she had not tried to market herself as some kind of sustainable and ethical vegan I would not have much of an issue with her - just another gleambot.

But in the last month she's taken money from non vegan makeup companies (despite the plethora of vegan makeup brands out there) and promoted products from companies that test on animals. That along with the cook book with recipes stolen from small bloggers, the artificial products and other sillyness like promoting a new land rover that's (a tiny bit more) sustainable makes her look like such a fraud. I don't even follow her so I'm sure she's done way more ads recently that don't match her proclaimed ethics.

I did spot her products in boots yesterday, still lots left but in fairness there were for all of the boots 3 for 2. Maybe people have woken up to what bad value that is. The bottles didn't have a tag or any writing on the underneath to say where they were made, what they were made from or even the EU safety logo, I think that is against the law.
The packaging is lovley espically for the bath fizzers, but unsurprisingly is the plastic coated cardboard that is very difficult to recycle. It's 2018 if she wanted it could have easily been cardboard without plastic that can easily be composted or recycled.

Sorry long post but she's just as money hungry as every other gleambot. She may believe she has some ethics but they all go out of the window with the pursuit of making money.

Did she go to Tanya's Christmas party this year? Last year did and complained that she only had carrot sticks and hummus to eat in her vlog.
Totally agree. I can't stand Niomi and her fake little 'innocent' image. She's as money hungry as the rest of her fellow Gleamers. If it pays her enough money, she'll promote it. I also can't stand how she looks so good and blatantly knows it. Her and Tanya Burr have both had lessons on how to make their IG profiles all about them and their looks.

Reactions: 6
All her stuff is half price now, about what it should have been in the first place for that junk - all the prices are artificially increased to be in the 3 for 2.

She appears to be a “nice” person however, completely removed from a normal working young woman as she possibly could be! Fed up with her urging us to save the planet. Buy sustainable products etc. Declutter our wardrobes and if an item doesn’t “spark me with joy” then pass it on. No I get my monies worth from it or do something to make it work for me as I can’t afford to just minimise my cupboards on a hippy trippy whim. Especially when no couturier is going to pop over from Italy or France and subsidise my wardrobe with designer dresses ??‍♀

Yel

Fed up with her urging us to save the planet. Buy sustainable products etc. Declutter our wardrobes and if an item doesn’t “spark me with joy” then pass it on.
She dared to snatch KonMarie's well known catchphrase?! She's old school gleam through and through

At least she gave up and didn't even try to bother selling her own nasty products. :D

Reactions: 1
Hopefully this works, one of her land rover sustainable ads

• Haha
Reactions: 5
^ Ahh, bless her heart- I'm sure she means well, or at least paid to be so;) How environmentally sustainable can a Land Rover really be LOL ...ok, "a bit more sustainable".

Reactions: 6
^ Ahh, bless her heart- I'm sure she means well, or at least paid to be so;) How environmentally sustainable can a Land Rover really be LOL ...ok, "a bit more sustainable".
Quite. There are other products that could be promoted as sustainable before resorting to advertising Land Rover; it just doesn't fit the ethos really. Like reusable face wipes, toothbrushes etc... I mean, they are nice cars, unnecessary and a bit of a luxury really, nothing wrong with advertising them, but don't claim they are sustainable.

Reactions: 4
Poor thing.. titling that vlog " Am I a Morning Person?"... that's the best ya got?

She's really stagnant these days. Well, she has been, but now it's just.. nothing going on. She tries to seem so busy with all those "meetings" about London, but honestly WHAT is she even getting done besides buying plants.

Has anyone else noticed her skin is breaking out more and more since Christmas? I wonder if she's drinking milkshakes ?

Everything on her feed is freebies, clothes, holidays, products but she never says so.

So on Monday she's at a luxury resort in luxury clothes. So relatable to the average adults Monday :rolleyes:

What are Sainsbury's doing liking a post that isnt clearly labelled as an ad? Some niomi fangirls shouldn't be running the Sainsbury's account.

^^ Exactly. Every time I try to follow her IG again just to see what's up, I can't handle it and have to unfollow again before long. I just can't deal with the fact that she won't let herself portray anything other than an image of total happiness and perfection.

This is the reason I don't look up to any YTer or trust their "advice" because so many of them have been through very little real life troubles, and if they have, they don't share it. They could really build stronger bases by leveling with their viewers and helping us to get to know that real person more.

Niomi is one of the MAIN ones that I feel probably has very little strife, and on top of that, every post is so staged and perfect in a bizarre, unrelatable way.

Yel

So she's at a jo Malone valentine's event and posting loads of Instagram's, no AD of course.

It's not really very minimal or avoiding waste promoting fragrances or candles. But more importantly Jo Malone isn't even cruelty free (Jo loves is). Then again niomis ethics always fly out of the window if it involves making herself money.

Even if this is her friend giving her samples, she's advertising them on her platform and the friend is a big brand. No ad.

Niomi gets away with so much.

Reactions: 8
So she "hosted" a Sunday dinner at by Chloe and posted 3 tagged stories (the usual amount for a brand deal) but no ad anywhere. Hopefully the CMA see through her sweet smile and fine her. She doesn't even know what plant based means - cakes made with sugar, white flour and unhealthy vegan margarines are in no way plant based.

Adding a thread for Niomi.

Discuss here ?

I must admit I'm a bit bored of Niomi's content. Her recent video on Brixton really only showed the gentrified parts rather than the well known and loved cultural gems.

I do believe Niomi, as one of the Instagram/YT set, lives in a curated bubble of matcha tea drinking, and sniffing of flowers outside of luxury cafes.
Would be interesting to me, as didn't realise Brixton was gentrified. I always imagined it was a dump with lots of knife crime

I think this packaging is waaaaay (and I mean waaaaay) more beautiful and creative than everything Zoella ever "produced". And Naomi doesn't even claim to be soooo interested in the creative process and packaging/designing behind a product.

Edit: just look at this avocado thingy and then everything box-shaped pastelly from everything in Zoes ranges
I didn't know who Zoella was when I saw her products in Superdug. I assumed as they looked cheap and tacky that it was Superdrug own cheap brand. First time I found out who she is was when I saw videos of people complaining about her calendar

So she's at a jo Malone valentine's event and posting loads of Instagram's, no AD of course.

It's not really very minimal or avoiding waste promoting fragrances or candles. But more importantly Jo Malone isn't even cruelty free (Jo loves is). Then again niomis ethics always fly out of the window if it involves making herself money.
View attachment 5476

Even if this is her friend giving her samples, she's advertising them on her platform and the friend is a big brand. No ad.

Niomi gets away with so much.

View attachment 5477
Aren't Jo Malone products now nothing to do with the person Jo Malone? I heard Jo sold her company to a big corporation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.