Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's seems a lot more smug since India, but in reality she's so unbearably basic and boring for someone who travels a lot and moved abroad. Food is a central part of her career, but silken tofu is "weird", two cloves of garlic is "a lot", oats in a smoothie is wild. Cooking her Indian breakfast from Soho House. She's so proud of her ginger and turmeric tea she brought back from India. Turmeric and ginger and hot water, you're blowing my mind Niomi!

She's wondering how on earth people are filling their time in isolation (I'm working, Niomi) when her whole career can be done from home. And you can tell she's super uncomfortable with her boredom snacking, creating a strict meal plan to compensate (poor Joe...). I've also been a bit unhealthier than normal whilst in lockdown... it's normal. And it's ok. We are in lockdown to literally save lives, it's not the end of the world if you lax on your diet for a little while in a completely unusual situation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She has such a weird relationship with food. She always claims perfectly normal portion sizes are huge. In her vlog she said they were full from brunch which was just tofu, mushrooms, 1 slice of bread and a bit of spinach. Joe was clearly hungry as he had a second bowl of soup which she just had to comment on.

I couldnt live with her, she seems nice and the restrictions she puts on herself for her diet wouldnt bother me its the needing to comment on what others eat which would piss me off. Why is she always shocked that Joe someone who is taller and broader then her needs more food. I won't even go into the strict meal plan

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She's seems a lot more smug since India, but in reality she's so unbearably basic and boring for someone who travels a lot and moved abroad. Food is a central part of her career, but silken tofu is "weird", two cloves of garlic is "a lot", oats in a smoothie is wild. Cooking her Indian breakfast from Soho House. She's so proud of her ginger and turmeric tea she brought back from India. Turmeric and ginger and hot water, you're blowing my mind Niomi!
It's because she's a Gleambot. She will have showed a vague interest in her 'brand' once upon a time so Gleam made her the poster 'eco warrior' influencer. Someone once posted some old photos of her on here and she was all fake tan, parties in Ibiza and blonde hair extensions, could totally be wrong but not someone who appears to be interested in that kind of stuff. It was really obvious especially when she went to India and was continuously amazed at the vegan and yoga movement there - yoga, which originates from India. Anyone try passionate about it would know that.

Reactions: 4
She has such a weird relationship with food. She always claims perfectly normal portion sizes are huge. In her vlog she said they were full from brunch which was just tofu, mushrooms, 1 slice of bread and a bit of spinach. Joe was clearly hungry as he had a second bowl of soup which she just had to comment on.

I couldnt live with her, she seems nice and the restrictions she puts on herself for her diet wouldnt bother me its the needing to comment on what others eat which would piss me off. Why is she always shocked that Joe someone who is taller and broader then her needs more food. I won't even go into the strict meal plan
It was very weird she kept commenting on Joe being hungry/eating more which is just what men do?? No matter of their weight and body type, all the men I have ever met have eaten more than me (and I have quite big portions)..

Reactions: 8
It was very weird she kept commenting on Joe being hungry/eating more which is just what men do?? No matter of their weight and body type, all the men I have ever met have eaten more than me (and I have quite big portions)..
Exactly. I'm a small lady but my metabolism must be fast because I could not cope on Niomi's portions. I fall to my knees if lunchtime is pushed back. I would definitely be having the second bowl of soup.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was really obvious especially when she went to India and was continuously amazed at the vegan and yoga movement there - yoga, which originates from India. Anyone try passionate about it would know that.
I can forgive her being ignorant, we all are in some way, but what I find staggeringly imbecilic is that she feels no need remedy it.

I'd be embarrassed to have followers point out to me that yoga originated in India. Or that plant based diets are pretty prevalent in India. Why would you not research a country you were moving to?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just looking at her instagram for the first time in ages and saw the video she has posted by Rosie Lord who is a content editor... I had assumed all of these youtubers at least edited their own videos, but they don't even do that! How they can claim to be busy is beyond me!

Reactions: 5
She doesn't edit her videos, or take her instagram photos. What baffled me during her Vlogmas was the realisation that a day of work for her was having someone come round to "shoot content". Which translated to, a girl coming over to her flat to take a picture of Niomi, or a flat lay.

I know, but what I mean is what could she be doing to cause that kind of discolouration when she doesn't smoke or drink coffee? it seems a bit odd

Reactions: 1
I know, but what I mean is what could she be doing to cause that kind of discolouration when she doesn't smoke or drink coffee? it seems a bit odd
It's pretty normal for there to be a difference in colour between your teeth and veneers over the years, especially if your teeth were whitened when the veneers were put in and matched to them at their whitest as they are not the same material. Many things besides coffee and cigarettes can affect tooth colour 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
  1. Tea and coffee. Tea and coffee both contain tannins, which cause the staining. There is some evidence that upping the milk in your tea or coffee may help to counteract the staining.
  2. Red wine. It’s fine to enjoy the occasional glass of wine. But unfortunately for our teeth, red wine is one of the most common causes of tooth staining.
  3. Cola. The dark colouring of this drink, coupled with the acids which will wear away at your teeth, make cola a definite no for your teeth.
  4. Fruit juices. Dark-coloured fruit juices, such as cranberry, blueberry and grape juices are liable to leave stains on your teeth.
  5. Tomato-based sauces. Tomatoes are a great source of many important nutrients. But the pigment causing their deep red colour makes them a key offender for staining.
  6. Curry. With its strong, deep colouring it’s no wonder that eating lots of curries can leave behind tell-tale signs on your teeth.
  7. Balsamic vinegar. It may make a tasty salad dressing, but the deep pigmentation in balsamic vinegar means you need to watch out for its effects on your teeth.
  8. Soy sauce. It’s a classic addition to any good stir-fry, but the dark colouring of soy may linger on your teeth long after your meal’s finished.
  9. Berries. Munching on a handful of berries can help to tot up your five-a-day. But as healthy as they may be, berries are another tooth-staining culprit.
  10. Beetroot. Beetroot is packed full of vitamins and minerals, and there have been claims about its health benefits. But if you’ve ever handled beetroot, you’ll know just how much it can stain.

Google is your friend

Reactions: 3
What killed my tooth enamel was using "natural" toothpastes and toothpaste alternatives, and that's probably what she uses, so it could be that.
The other thing that damaged my teeth was when I was briefly trying a raw vegan diet. Could also be that. :unsure:

Reactions: 6
What killed my tooth enamel was using "natural" toothpastes and toothpaste alternatives, and that's probably what she uses, so it could be that.
The other thing that damaged my teeth was when I was briefly trying a raw vegan diet. Could also be that. :unsure:
Agree with the natural toothpaste, useless. I didn’t realise how badly it was cleaning my teeth until I used some good old fluoride rich expensive whitening stuff at a friends house and remembered what it felt and looked like to be clean I was so embarrassed I’d let my teeth get so bad without noticing ....

Reactions: 5
Agree with the natural toothpaste, useless. I didn’t realise how badly it was cleaning my teeth until I used some good old fluoride rich expensive whitening stuff at a friends house and remembered what it felt and looked like to be clean I was so embarrassed I’d let my teeth get so bad without noticing ....
I agree! I just alternate with natural and regular whitening toothpastes throughout the week and it works really well. Plus I have 3 veneers because of an accident so it keeps them all about the same colour now by doing this.

I know she doesn't want to be doom and gloom in her video, fair enough, and I think there is definitely a use for frivolous videos about beauty in times like these, but something about the way she words things makes her look like she's in such a sparkly bubble. I even thought Zoella was quite appropriate in her recent vlog intro, but Niomi's "I'm just feeling so positive today... who even knows when the weekend is these days" rubs me the wrong way and makes her seem a bit clueless.

Side note, why is she floating around being bored and wondering what day it is when her entire job can be done from home? She could be doing so much right now. Does she think the whole world is on holiday?

Oh bless, thinking that her organic bananas, avocados etc. come from the 'surrounding farms' of Cookham. #notthesharpest

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.