Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's responded, don't believe her on several points. She may use a range of products, but never the cheap low end tat like this. Saying the plastic is recyclable while also saying she's commited to reducing and reusing, just because it can be recycled doesn't mean it will as many plastics are just shipped off and end up in landfill and even if they are recycled it doesn't mitigate the cost in the first place. Lots of the ingredients are harmful as many reports have shown.

---------
Your feedback always means so much to me so as always, thank you for sharing. I’ve read the comments on this video about my Boots product launch and I wanted to clarify some of the points. It’s taken me a little time to gather all my thoughts, so thank you for bearing with me on this reply.

This collection takes inspiration from my love of plant-based food, and every product in the range is cruelty free and vegan friendly. Both myself and Boots wanted to provide the best packaging possible, that’s why almost all the packaging used in the range (apart from the pump used in the body mist) is recyclable. Me and my development team are fully committed to 5 principles which are to reduce, remove, reuse, recycle and recover wherever possible and have investigated the use of packaging from sustainable and renewable sources. The products also display the ‘green dot’, which signifies that for each piece of packaging, a financial contribution has been paid to a packaging recovery organisation.

As I’ve mentioned, all the products from my range are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and don’t contain any animal-derived ingredients or bi-products. This commitment to animal welfare has been recognised by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), who are working to stop animal abuse worldwide.

The ingredients in my range are non-toxic and not harmful, and have excellent safety records. As many of you know, I enjoy a number of different beauty products – some of which are 100% natural and some that aren’t, that’s because I am on a journey where I am still learning about natural beauty, about how to live more sustainably, and achieve a good amount of balance and wellbeing in my life. It is something that takes time, that evolves and adapts as we all become more educated about these issues.

This collection for me is a step toward learning about beauty product creation, about what you all like and want from me, and about what I like too. I was involved in the process of creating these products from the very beginning and they have been a long time in the making. I wanted to ensure that my first venture into the beauty world had an accessible price point so that as many of you as possible could enjoy these products.Perhaps one day I will be able to release a natural beauty collection but for the moment I’m really proud of this range of products and I hope once you try them, you will like them as much as me. I’m pleased you are all so passionate and continue to support and grow with me; you inspire me every day and I’ll continue to look at ways to be the best I can be, and give the best I can, for and to all of you.

N x

Reactions: 1
I don´t know how much of that response is true, but I am glad she responded right away and not at the end of a a 40 minute vlog. I guess she knows her audience, she can sell good-ish, decent(?) products to her 15-25 audience, but she would never be able to sell high-end products, just because her audience isn´t the people she seems to hang around. I said it before in this thread, she isn´t relatable because she isn´t like the public she is trying to reach, however she needs to understand that youtubers aren´t the idols they used to be back in 2010-2014, now people (us) look through their bullshit and are not affraid of calling them out, nobody forced her to be the posh version of the vegan/minimalism/mindfulness movement, she chose it. Don´t get me wrong, I am a vegan, and try my best to help the environment but I screw up, the difference is that: 1: I do not portrait myself as perfect, 2: I mess up, and 3: I am not famous or building a brand around my lifestyle.

Reactions: 8
now people (us) look through their bullshit and are not affraid of calling them out, nobody forced her to be the posh version of the vegan/minimalism/mindfulness movement, she chose it. Don´t get me wrong, I am a vegan, and try my best to help the environment but I screw up, the difference is that: 1: I do not portrait myself as perfect, 2: I mess up, and 3: I am not famous or building a brand around my lifestyle.
EXACTLY this!
so when she writes this collection is a step toward learning about beauty product creation and she's "pleased you are all so passionate and continue to support and grow with me; you inspire me every day and I’ll continue to look at ways to be the best I can be, and give the best I can, for and to all of you." it's so stupid. well then don't portay yourself as a mindful queen and don't push out a complete collection when you're "just learning and growing" and know that it's not good for the environment. the environment doesn't care if you're doing this as a part of your learning process or just because you wanted some cash

Reactions: 7
EXACTLY this!
so when she writes this collection is a step toward learning about beauty product creation and she's "pleased you are all so passionate and continue to support and grow with me; you inspire me every day and I’ll continue to look at ways to be the best I can be, and give the best I can, for and to all of you." it's so stupid. well then don't portay yourself as a mindful queen and don't push out a complete collection when you're "just learning and growing" and know that it's not good for the environment. the environment doesn't care if you're doing this as a part of your learning process or just because you wanted some cash
Great post - that's the worst part of her response. The only learning and growing she's doing is about buisness.

It's really not a difficult, you learn certain ingredients are harmful and you don't buy products with them anymore. Let alone put out a collection full of them. It's not like she started off on this lifestyle a few weeks ago, it's been years in the making.

Reactions: 5
So she didn't do a follow up producst video this week, went back to doing a recipe. No doubt it was one that was copied from a blog as her recipe book was just a copy and paste job.

She might as well of done a recipe with transfats, artificial colours and flavours just to keep up the pretence she's learning about the natural lifestyle and is on a journey so sometimes eats natural and sometimes eats artificial. ;)

Reactions: 3
I think someone's mentioned it before but really there's no need for the stuff she's producing - people don't need to use these products at all. "Natural" toiletries already exist but they're also not an essential for life and our aim as a species needs to be to stop using so much. Beauty products aimed at women are basically a waste of resources, money, time, plus tit for the environment and animals. Someone who cares about consumption just isn't going to bring out a new range of pointless crap, whatever the ingredients.

Reactions: 6
I think someone's mentioned it before but really there's no need for the stuff she's producing - people don't need to use these products at all. "Natural" toiletries already exist but they're also not an essential for life and our aim as a species needs to be to stop using so much. Beauty products aimed at women are basically a waste of resources, money, time, plus tit for the environment and animals. Someone who cares about consumption just isn't going to bring out a new range of pointless crap, whatever the ingredients.
I totally agree but if you're signed to gleam money is likely to be at the top of your priorities. It's spectacular how badly this range has been thought out, they could have done way better to keep up with the image that she portrays.

Even the bottle seems like a bad idea. If you're all about using less you no doubt already have a bottle (I've had the same basic one for years) so don't really need a new one with a "fast fashion" style design.

Unnecessary is the perfect word. All that packaging for the same products that already exist in hundreds of forms. Some people don't have fresh drinking water or enough money to eat. Then others spend £4 on a bath bomb to bathe in 70 litres of drinking water.

She's just as much of a fraud as all the old school gleamers.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah, she's sold out lol Or shot herself in the foot.

I used to like Niomi, thought she was a breath of fresh air, but she's a frightful snob and bore. It may not be evident in her video's but it is there, and it shines brightly in her comments. She made a video ages ago about homeware she loves (also known as #AD) and there was a tiny throw for the back of the sofa for not much less than 200 pounds. People were commenting they could get way cheaper at Primark which she got sniffy about.
I downloaded her vegan book free online and the first one I tried made me feel sick so I deleted it. That mix of ingredients was not well thought out. I just found she had no personality, no charisma or jokes for youtube, she's literally bland oatmeal. Pretty girl but holy cow. I only watched her for a while as I was obsessed with watching the dark dot on her eye. I don't know why but it fascinates me, I've never seen it before. She's super late jumping on the merch bandwagon, people have seen through it all, thanks to made in china zoella.

Also for someone who works out all the time, she has zero muscle tone. she has the same figure as me and I barely move, lol

Yel

So the products are out, yet she's not done the follow up videos like she said she would. All she's shown is the packaging.

Might be another Lilly pebbles and just pretend they don't exist.

@KawaiiAF you might as well pirate her recipe book, she stole all the recipes for it and had a team to do all the writing, styling and photographing. She's a gleam author to a tee.

Lol I got burnt a couple of times buying a youtubers book, what a load of fooey. I'm yet to find one that I can read the whole thing, waste of money :oops:

Did anyone just watch Stacey dooley investigates on BBC? It was regarding the effects of fast fashion on the environment. Niomi was on there sating how shocked she was when she was shown the effects of the fashion industry on the planet. She said that she wold be more mindful of buying clothes and encourage her followers to do the same.
I've just remembered Niomi is an ambassador for Oasis clothing. Hypocrite much!!!! Hope she gets called out on it the absolute sell out

Lmao typical youtuber. They're honestly the worst bunch of money grubbers!

Niomi comes across as worse than the average gleamers by pretending she has ethics and morals. She happily ditches any of those for cash. I'm not sure how she even still gets 100k views a video, as people wise up they will see her for the fraud she is.

My boots isn't even stocking any of her stuff yet. Shouldn't it be out by now?

I think it's partly because of her "innocent" look and behaviour. zoe was always described as the "girl next door" or the "bigger sister" when actually everyone who watches zoes vlogs and how she behaves with some of her "friends" or her team knows that she has a very shady and bitchy side like the popular girl in high school who's bullying people, flirting with the boys and smiling nicely at the same time. on the other hand Niomi seems (at least how she presents herself in the internet) as such a nice person, who never says a bad word about anyone and always tries to be good. I'm not saying that she actually is like, but that's her image I think. So people are forgiving her for her mistakes because she "at least tried" or something

^ Just saw an Insta post of hers over on GG, it looks like she's trying to shed that 'innocent and girl next door' image. Ok, going topless on holiday isn't exactly out there (and she's being subtle with it) but it's still not like Niomi from what we know of her.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for sharing @Tulips

I'm surprised it wasn't a sponsored topless photo.

Her fans are pretty blind:

"you're an amazing person niomi but your management is letting you down"

It's her own fault she's saying yes to all these constant adverts and releasing awful products. She's in control and has been in this business a long time so no one should be making excuses for her.

She's just had the luck of getting away with her tit for a long time.

POSING for a photo and posting it on social media, about digital detox.

so she took 2 hours off to read a book. cool

How bored would you have to be to want to watch two rich smug people on holiday?

Screenshot_20181023-082134.jpg

She still hasn't done the videos she promised to do and talk more about her toxic petrochemical products. All the reviews on boots are 1 star.

If she really did beleive in them wouldn't she have done another video just after the backlash to defend herself and the products? It's been weeks and she's just trying to sweep it under the carpet.

what a lazy gift guide she did. it's and ad with oral b (estee posted an advertised video on the exact same day), she promoted her own business sourced box and everything else is just lazy

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.