Niomi Smart - Fake Vegan Selling Harmful Toxic Petrochemical Products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh nepotism is alive and well. When she said Joe had been offered a job, I got the feeling that it wasn’t a “see a job advertised, apply, interview, nervous wait” scenario.

Then I did a Google to see if the sports press had any more on what the role is only to find out that Joe’s Dad has been involved in selecting the new Head Coach for the team alongside Andrew Strauss.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Welcome! And a pretty spot on post. She isn’t kidding anyone with her “not just hipster places” line. Only a few moments later she’s admitted she’s intending on spending a large amount of her time in soho house. For gods sake.

All that said about her specifically I think the marriage thing is a total red herring. And pretty old fashioned. I wouldn’t find it strange if say one of my friends moved to another country with their boyfriend of 3 years. Marriage wouldn’t be the first thing on my mind. They’ve already lived together for a bunch of time, and fifty years ago they may have been doing that as newlyweds. Culture has changed and you don’t need a wedding to make a serious commitment. And she’s not even 30. I wish I was under 30 with the prospect of moving to a new exciting country with my handsome boyfriend for his job that he’s really excited about while I take mine with me, watching the money continue to roll in in a country where it will go four times as far,also being blessed with the gift of an excess of new content that could finally make Niomi stand out on YouTube. (Mouthful sorry) At least for one video ...Plus she can always return to a loving supportive and wealthy family in the UK. She’s all good.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have high hopes. she will still be bland. Joe will still be dull. We all agree she won’t be culturally adventurous. But the point is the potential of adventure, of a new life, of living abroad.
marriage is kind of irrelevant in the equation, they will continue to live together and have a whole other ‘task’ to focus on -that’s settling in. I don’t know but I really would hope Niomi isn't worrying about marriage when she has so much ahead of her. I’m jealous of the opportunity! (Just reiterating that this post is saying I wish I could go in her place, with a less bland, more intelligent man, rather than claiming she’s about to conquer YouTube and develop an interesting personality to boot)
They are both incredibly fortunate people, and don't seem to be seeing any downsides to their situation, but as viewers I guess we are just projecting or own feelings onto what they choose to show us. It just seems a big step for N, she is the one who is uprooting her life, her work connections etc to basically, as someone said be in that "first lady role". That may suit her, but just how much was she actually included in this job decision, it's surely something you would talk to your partner about before even applying, rather than already deciding that you would go along, and her going with him is just a nice addition. To keep their London homes too, is also immensely privileged and all that flying back and forth, hardly "sustainable". Agree with everyone else here, she will likely act as in England, keeping to a small bubble of people who share the same socio-economic position as herself, and only venture out to do "charity work" with the locals, or attend yoga retreats.

I guess if we watched vlogmas, she did seem under a lot of strain, and her partner disrupted whatever she had built up/anticipated, we are speculating that she values marriage and expected a proposal. Nothing to stop her popping the question though, if we are to talk about modernism. I guess it just when it comes to visas etc she's acting as a wife, but not with the status or security as one, and not every legal system or culture treats unmarried partners as equal to married.

But as you said, they have this opportunity to experience another country, without facing much financial constraints or worries, so why not if it suits them.

Reactions: 1
Moving over from GG 👋

I really don't think its a big deal, it's more like a winter getaway. She's just swapping London Soho house for Mumbai Soho house and Mumbai has all amenities she's used to. Vegan is difficult in India but not impossible like it was 10 years ago, she'll probably hire a cook. All her freebies will be posted with priority air mail so she can carry on shrilling products.

The interesting part will be in 6 months when she's ready to go home and if he doesn't want to.

Reactions: 6
she’s talked a good few times about wanting to move to Australia for a few years, wasn’t that the plan after herself and Marcus broke up?
India is not Australia!! It’s gonna be a very different experience for her.

Ive just realised I haven’t watched her content in ages but the type of stuff she does won’t be effected by a move. That vanilla content can be produced anywhere 😐

and for all the talk of marriage not being needed... I bet it’s her long term goal, no judgment either way in saying that 🤷‍♀️
most women do still want to get married 😬
And “buy a house with me.., follow me across the world...you’re still not getting a ring” is harsh 😆😆

(Please don’t argue modern relationships I’m half joking... half 🙂)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ahhh nepotism is alive and well. When she said Joe had been offered a job, I got the feeling that it wasn’t a “see a job advertised, apply, interview, nervous wait” scenario.

Then I did a Google to see if the sports press had any more on what the role is only to find out that Joe’s Dad has been involved in selecting the new Head Coach for the team alongside Andrew Strauss.
That makes a lot more sense, what is his job atm? It seems bizarre to be a coach for a sport you don't play, aren't most coaches ex professionals? (I have 0 interest in sports so no idea lol)

she’s talked a good few times about wanting to move to Australia for a few years, wasn’t that the plan after herself and Marcus broke up?
India is not Australia!! It’s gonna be a very different experience for her.

Ive just realised I haven’t watched her content in ages but the type of stuff she does won’t be effected by a move. That vanilla content can be produced anywhere 😐

and for all the talk of marriage not being needed... I bet it’s her long term goal, no judgment either way in saying that 🤷‍♀️
most women do still want to get married 😬
And “buy a house with me.., follow me across the world...you’re still not getting a ring” is harsh 😆😆

(Please don’t argue modern relationships I’m half joking... half 🙂)
Totally agree about the marriage thing, I am in my early 30s and am shocked how the majority of my female friends see marriage (and changing their surname!!) as so important as I have never considered it to be

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
That makes a lot more sense, what is his job atm? It seems bizarre to be a coach for a sport you don't play, aren't most coaches ex professionals? (I have 0 interest in sports so no idea lol)

Totally agree about the marriage thing, I am in my early 30s and am shocked how the majority of my female friends see marriage (and changing their surname!!) as so important as I have never considered it to be
Oh Joe isn’t the new coach, but you can bet Dad had a hand in lining him up for whatever his role is! Joe does brand partnerships for a sports company at the moment so I guess he’s going to have a marketing/PR role of some description.

Frankly I don’t care about marriage, but what’s interesting here is that I think Niomi is a very traditional girl and does.

I’m also firmly on Team No Woman Needs a Man and to see her make him the center of her world is sad to me.

I can’t speak for everyone else, but my concern is she’s heading towards heartache. Maybe it’ll work out for her, I hope it does —but I’ve seen similar situations with girlfriends that didn’t end well.

Marriage or no marriage, who cares. A proposal is a sign of a long term commitment, and watching her make so many changes to her life for someone without that sign is what worries me.

Reactions: 4

there is always a weird attitude when it comes to a woman wanting to get married.
It’s almost frowned upon right now because it doesn’t fit the female empowerment/girl boss image.
I’m not married. But I’d like to think if I was in love I’d want to be 🤷‍♀️
At the same time I don’t judge someone who doesn’t want to her married.
But even the mention of her wanting to her married sparks the same argument.
(This isn’t directed an anyone on this thread btw, just the topic in general 🤷‍♀️)

it’s almost like you’re letting your fellow females down because you want to her married.
it’s a weird one!

and I’m saying that as someone who really doesn’t care who I end up with , what name I have or where I end up once there’s a WiFi connection 😐

I can’t speak for everyone else, but my concern is she’s heading towards heartache. Maybe it’ll work out for her, I hope it does —but I’ve seen similar situations with girlfriends that didn’t end well.

Marriage or no marriage, who cares. A proposal is a sign of a long term commitment, and watching her make so many changes to her life for someone without that sign is what worries me
THIS!!! I have a friend who moved here for her boyfriend, 6 years later he says he’s not sure what he wants.
House was bought between them and just like that it’s over. This was after she gave up her job and left her family behind to go with him 🤷‍♀️
I’m sure they’ve had a conversation about their future so maybe they’re both ok with how things are right now.

Reactions: 12
As a woman that doesn't want to get married, for me it's not a gender thing and more just in awe that marriage is still such a high priority for people in general (men as much as women). It's not something I judge people for, just something I can't quite wrap my head around (other than benefits like tax etc.) as it was really something that was born out of necessity for most and now no longer is and makes leaving a relationship so much harder and more stressful than simply choosing to break up. I guess I'm just not a romantic and find vowing relationships to be 'forever' as more scary and unrealistic than something positive.

Reactions: 7
I don't think Niomi will last in India, even the rich areas. I know women who've gone there for work and it has been hard. It can be a bit unsafe for Western women. All the ones I know that have gone have always had to have drivers and some form of security. She will probably live in an expat compound.
I think this move will make or break her and Joe.

I don't think Niomi will last in India, even the rich areas. I know women who've gone there for work and it has been hard. It can be a bit unsafe for Western women. All the ones I know that have gone have always had to have drivers and some form of security. She will probably live in an expat compound.
I think this move will make or break her and Joe.
She’ll fall in with Rosanna Falconer’s “crew” which is all polo and palaces but I think even so she’ll be really lonely. How will she cope without all her spendy fitness classes and prancing about London? She’ll also miss her family and sister a LOT.

She’ll fall in with Rosanna Falconer’s “crew” which is all polo and palaces but I think even so she’ll be really lonely. How will she cope without all her spendy fitness classes and prancing about London? She’ll also miss her family and sister a LOT.
They have those kind of classes in the rich expat areas. She will be okay in that sense. I think she will miss her family too much though.

I wonder what type of visa she will be getting since they aren't married or engaged.
I'm not sure about India but lots of countries have relatively easy to get visas for self employed people with over a certain income, I would assume it is something like that

Dont follow her anymore, but saw her post on them moving to India.

I can imagine Niomi living on those hotel-like flats. A condo with all included and she won't need to leave the place too much. She won't experience the whole 'living there'.

Im sure Glean will arrange everything for her and she will have plently of activities to film/promote. From restaurants, to spas, to yoga classes... and of course some charity events to show she is there to 'help'.

Dont follow her anymore, but saw her post on them moving to India.

I can imagine Niomi living on those hotel-like flats. A condo with all included and she won't need to leave the place too much. She won't experience the whole 'living there'.

Im sure Glean will arrange everything for her and she will have plently of activities to film/promote. From restaurants, to spas, to yoga classes... and of course some charity events to show she is there to 'help'.
exactly, and even if her content stays the same boring stuff as now the novelty of it being india will still attract new/bring back old subscribers (for a while at least)

Reactions: 1
exactly, and even if her content stays the same boring stuff as now the novelty of it being india will still attract new/bring back old subscribers (for a while at least)
She's probably already negotiating her new book with Gleam Titles, Niomi's Indian Vegan Curries Eat Pray Love adventure etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She's probably already negotiating her new book with Gleam Titles, Niomi's Indian Vegan Curries Eat Pray Love adventure etc etc
another gleam book, just what everyone needs!!! 🤣

a bit like a hernia...

Oh I forgot about Daisy Mae. She’s really gonna miss her! She seems to adore the little girl!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
another gleam book, just what everyone needs 🤣 a bit like a hernia.

god I forgot about Daisy Mae. She’s really gonna miss her!
Oh I see her family visit them there at least twice. One of the videos will be called "My family suprising us on India". Just like their holidays in Spain will all be private yachts, fancy restaurants, gym sessions on the building they will live on, "shopping with my mom and grandma in India"...

About marriage, these guys have more possibilities to get married than many other couples on YouTube (Zoella/PointelessBF). I think Joey is not rushing things (like Amelia's boyfriend). I think they dated for a while, then moved together... they have done things in a good spare time and it won't surprised me he propose soon.

Reactions: 2
If you get cold feet Naomi....

stay in London you might end up single again, dating dudes like this again 😐

AF8D1EF7-1420-4D5C-A0B3-1C9E86DD245E.jpeg
1820A703-D324-4E17-8C16-936A2C5B6DC8.jpeg
5FC9DCF3-2CB9-4479-A754-66BEF9D3780E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.