Niki Mahon nikita byniki d

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d question calling her a jewellery designer.

My main gripe about her is transparency. She says her products are all her designs from scratch but in reality a lot of them are products widely available on platforms like AliExpress and Alibaba and she’s just charging a nice mark up for them by taking decent photos.

Reactions: 1
Her products look really cheap and as you say, the designs are not unique at all. I personally unfollowed after she started blaming beautiful girls on Instagram to make her feel insecure. She was playing victim when she’s a perfectly beautiful girl and that showed she has an envious type of personality.

Reactions: 2
Her products look really cheap and as you say, the designs are not unique at all. I personally unfollowed after she started blaming beautiful girls on Instagram to make her feel insecure. She was playing victim when she’s a perfectly beautiful girl and that showed she has an envious type of personality.
I think she may be confident but said what she felt would make her more "relatable" and to attract more followers but it seemed to have backfired

I think she may be confident but said what she felt would make her more "relatable" and to attract more followers but it seemed to have backfired
i think the issue is when she gives our advice on business etc she always seems really preachy, like she is one deity we should be bowing down to. Not sure whether that’s just me feeling that.

butmy main gripe is her lying about her designs that clearly are not hers. I could post an AliExpress link to every one of her pieces

LOL I’m actually surprised that all her stock is from AliBaba as she has such a superior attitude when talking about suppliers and how she’s so busy with her designs

Everyone is going now this blond trend doesn’t suit everyone but the person doing her hair did a great job just not for her, didn’t like her old colour either darker hair defo suits her better

The Alibaba and Aliexpress stuff doesn’t surprise me, it’s mainly low quality and cheap materials. I think she’s just used those same suppliers to make the jewellery with a few design tweaks.

Like others, I unfollowed because of the way she acts superior and it felt like she was bitter that her follower growth had come to a standstill. As she mentioned the majority of her following is guys, and that’s mainly from the posts she would put up in tight dresses or skirts, always making sure her feet and legs were in prime position for the foot fetish guys.

Reactions: 3
I thought that but that's her hand so looks like companies have just used her pics, same happened with my sister's business. I duno you know. Also I think you have to buy like thousands to get that price anyways on alibaba

Hi girls.

This is Niki. I came across this forum yesterday and it was really difficult to read.
Probably didn’t expect me to see this or write on here but here we are.
I thought I’d comment as my brand is incredibly important to me and as much this is a safe space for your opinion of me, I also have the right to respond when I see these sort of incorrect things about me online.
Some of these products you have found online have been sold on my website for years. Through my efforts with months of back and fourth on the design, photography and marketing via Instagram, Amazon, Facebook and Google, these products become what may be referred to as a ‘hot’ product. Random suppliers months or years later see products trending in the UK and are able to replicate them and use the best images they find online to add to their new listing. The screenshots shared are not that of my chosen manufacturers, but they are random companies using my images or designs, which they do not have the rights to. You can tell this by the dates of these listings, my hands, my face and reflections of my house in all of these images. It’s unfortunate this happens but it’s common. So if you see a Nikita By Niki image sold by anyone other than my brand, it is an illegal use of my photography and design.
The remark about my supplier being the whole of ‘Alibaba’ (which by the way is comprised of over 200,000 different companies and million of products - so really doesn’t narrow it down) It is in fact the complete opposite of this, these new companies are copying our long-standing trending products and it is not the other way around.
Some of our products are first manufactured in the UK when testing the listing and whether these would sell. Once we have noticed a demand and require volume, we manufacture these in large quantities to exact specifications in India, Turkey or China with our manufacturing teams who we have had a partnerships with for a minimum 5 years. We are open and honest about where our products are made, the materials used and the ethics behind our chosen manufacturers and their facilities on our website.
China is the biggest and most capable manufacturing country on the planet. Statistically, 80% of everything we own in life is made in China and has been since we were little. Just because we are now able to have a bad experience on Ali Express when buying a dress from a random, unsolicited seller, doesn’t mean the entire country produces cheap products and you now understand the ins and outs of how all reputable companies source or design their products.

Now regarding pricing:
If a company were to buy a product for £8 and sell it for £20 on their website, this does not mean the founder pockets £12 of each sale.
- A company would have buy a minimum of 5,000 to 10,000 units to achieve this price
- Pay a mould cost for a first time design
- Perhaps pay to outsource the design of the product
- Obtain and fund the warehouse space to store these products
- Cost of SGS testing of product materials
- Pay 20% VAT on every sale
- Pay Import Duty Tax on the shipment
- Cost of shipping via vessel
- Product Packaging
- Product leaflets and any complimentary items
- Cost of protective packaging such a polystyrene, bubble wrap or fragile tape
- Cost of postal packaging such as mailing bags
- Cost of postage if the brand offers free shipping
- 15-25% Amazon seller fees
- Amazon FBA storage fees
- Amazon FBA dispatch fees
- Card transaction fees
- Scope for any possible returns, defects or lost post
- In-house labour costs for dispatch
- In-house labour costs for marketing
- Marketing costs across Amazon, Facebook and Google
- Income tax
- and more

I have been running my business for 7 years. I have well over 3000 5 star reviews, and majority of these reviews or from from shoppers across Amazon, notonthehighstreet, QVC, Etsy, Harvey Nichols, not just via those who are a fan of my content on Instagram.
I am not some random influencer girl on Instagram flogging products, my brand is established, registered and protected and reviewed extensively across the biggest online e-commerce platforms, worldwide and has 7 years of experience.

If there are any further questions about my brand and how is it run , you are always welcome to email me and I will gladly address every question and be honest and upfront.
I hope me speaking on here directly and openly has at least provided some insight to these speculations and assumptions. At least if this conversation continues about me and my livelihood, it can be a more informed and considered opinion.

I’m partly annoyed at myself for feeling I need to explain myself but I’m here to protect my brand against sellers who have simply stolen our product photography as it’s a recurring issue for most established brands at the moment.
It may be worth reminding, that although I have followers on Instagram, I’m still a human being with a family, emotions and ups and downs, I’m not an Instagram generated robot - which is why when I saw this, my natural response was to read it and feel upset.

Comments about my hair etc are fair enough, it’s taking some getting used to for me also, I didn’t actually expect for it to turn out this blonde so I’m just going with it! lol

Despite how this has made me feel today, I wish you girls all the best.

Niki Mahon
X

Reactions: 3
Hi girls.

This is Niki. I came across this forum yesterday and it was really difficult to read.
Probably didn’t expect me to see this or write on here but here we are.
I thought I’d comment as my brand is incredibly important to me and as much this is a safe space for your opinion of me, I also have the right to respond when I see these sort of incorrect things about me online.
Some of these products you have found online have been sold on my website for years. Through my efforts with months of back and fourth on the design, photography and marketing via Instagram, Amazon, Facebook and Google, these products become what may be referred to as a ‘hot’ product. Random suppliers months or years later see products trending in the UK and are able to replicate them and use the best images they find online to add to their new listing. The screenshots shared are not that of my chosen manufacturers, but they are random companies using my images or designs, which they do not have the rights to. You can tell this by the dates of these listings, my hands, my face and reflections of my house in all of these images. It’s unfortunate this happens but it’s common. So if you see a Nikita By Niki image sold by anyone other than my brand, it is an illegal use of my photography and design.
The remark about my supplier being the whole of ‘Alibaba’ (which by the way is comprised of over 200,000 different companies and million of products - so really doesn’t narrow it down) It is in fact the complete opposite of this, these new companies are copying our long-standing trending products and it is not the other way around.
Some of our products are first manufactured in the UK when testing the listing and whether these would sell. Once we have noticed a demand and require volume, we manufacture these in large quantities to exact specifications in India, Turkey or China with our manufacturing teams who we have had a partnerships with for a minimum 5 years. We are open and honest about where our products are made, the materials used and the ethics behind our chosen manufacturers and their facilities on our website.
China is the biggest and most capable manufacturing country on the planet. Statistically, 80% of everything we own in life is made in China and has been since we were little. Just because we are now able to have a bad experience on Ali Express when buying a dress from a random, unsolicited seller, doesn’t mean the entire country produces cheap products and you now understand the ins and outs of how all reputable companies source or design their products.

Now regarding pricing:
If a company were to buy a product for £8 and sell it for £20 on their website, this does not mean the founder pockets £12 of each sale.
- A company would have buy a minimum of 5,000 to 10,000 units to achieve this price
- Pay a mould cost for a first time design
- Perhaps pay to outsource the design of the product
- Obtain and fund the warehouse space to store these products
- Cost of SGS testing of product materials
- Pay 20% VAT on every sale
- Pay Import Duty Tax on the shipment
- Cost of shipping via vessel
- Product Packaging
- Product leaflets and any complimentary items
- Cost of protective packaging such a polystyrene, bubble wrap or fragile tape
- Cost of postal packaging such as mailing bags
- Cost of postage if the brand offers free shipping
- 15-25% Amazon seller fees
- Amazon FBA storage fees
- Amazon FBA dispatch fees
- Card transaction fees
- Scope for any possible returns, defects or lost post
- In-house labour costs for dispatch
- In-house labour costs for marketing
- Marketing costs across Amazon, Facebook and Google
- Income tax
- and more

I have been running my business for 7 years. I have well over 3000 5 star reviews, and majority of these reviews or from from shoppers across Amazon, notonthehighstreet, QVC, Etsy, Harvey Nichols, not just via those who are a fan of my content on Instagram.
I am not some random influencer girl on Instagram flogging products, my brand is established, registered and protected and reviewed extensively across the biggest online e-commerce platforms, worldwide and has 7 years of experience.

If there are any further questions about my brand and how is it run , you are always welcome to email me and I will gladly address every question and be honest and upfront.
I hope me speaking on here directly and openly has at least provided some insight to these speculations and assumptions. At least if this conversation continues about me and my livelihood, it can be a more informed and considered opinion.

I’m partly annoyed at myself for feeling I need to explain myself but I’m here to protect my brand against sellers who have simply stolen our product photography as it’s a recurring issue for most established brands at the moment.
It may be worth reminding, that although I have followers on Instagram, I’m still a human being with a family, emotions and ups and downs, I’m not an Instagram generated robot - which is why when I saw this, my natural response was to read it and feel upset.

Comments about my hair etc are fair enough, it’s taking some getting used to for me also, I didn’t actually expect for it to turn out this blonde so I’m just going with it! lol

Despite how this has made me feel today, I wish you girls all the best.

Niki Mahon
X
We know you saw this yesterday as you addresses a comment I made here about not responding to genuine questions which doesn't involve your suppliers etc. You always say we can DM you if we have questions but then why leave the message seen and not respond? Yet you've got the time to write a full blown essay here?