Nick Clegg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I know he's not really a celeb, but maybe this is the best place as it's about a person.

I had a lot of time for him, he was stiched up by the Tories. Although thats partly his own fault and he should have stood up more on tution fees and for getting a vote on proportional representation rather than that silly AV system that no one wanted (although I voted for it as a change in the right direction). He was too weak to be a leader but he did come across as principled.

He said he would stick around to help with brexit even after he lost his seat. But now he's living in his $7'000'000 mansion in California near the Facebook office for his new job.

This week was defending self harm images on Facebook platforms, looking quite awkward and uncomfortable - almost as if he regrets taking a role with a shady company to help with their dodgy activites. I think Facebook has already made u turn on what nick said a few days ago.

I just thought better of the man.

Reactions: 7
I'll admit I have a lot of negative feelings towards Clegg for what you said above and more. I live in Sheffield, with my grandparents living in his old constituency who voted for him (as many in that area did for lib dems as they didn't want the tories in nor labour). He royally stitched up the students, who made up the majority of the constituency with both unis in the area, and made him a universally hated figure in Sheffield.

I do know a few 'personal' stories though. My dad worked in the area and actually delivered to his consistency office. His employees were scared to open the door to people they didn't know, as many had received abuse and if I remember correctly one was even punched. I can't remember my dad ever meeting Clegg personally, but he thought he could have done a lot more for his staff. He was once out in the street and saw someone slip on ice and remembers Clegg's car driving past and seeing a smirk and laugh on his face. That did it for my dad and he hated him from the day.

My grandad also is a ex-professor in Chemistry and was actually employed by Clegg for an advisory role regarding solar energy i think or renewable energy. He says he was an idiot who knew that other forms of energy was needed but said that his party would never stand for non-renewable sources. Don't quote me on this one though because I only found out about this recently and my grandad's memories are not that great now.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I was at uni in Sheffield when we finally voted him out of his constituency, was a fab day, we then later on found out the guy we voted in wasn’t that great.

Reactions: 3
I also went to uni in Sheffield, he just comes across as weak and I have no time for him.

I'll admit I have a lot of negative feelings towards Clegg for what you said above and more. I live in Sheffield, with my grandparents living in his old constituency who voted for him (as many in that area did for lib dems as they didn't want the tories in nor labour). He royally stitched up the students, who made up the majority of the constituency with both unis in the area, and made him a universally hated figure in Sheffield.

I do know a few 'personal' stories though. My dad worked in the area and actually delivered to his consistency office. His employees were scared to open the door to people they didn't know, as many had received abuse and if I remember correctly one was even punched. I can't remember my dad ever meeting Clegg personally, but he thought he could have done a lot more for his staff. He was once out in the street and saw someone slip on ice and remembers Clegg's car driving past and seeing a smirk and laugh on his face. That did it for my dad and he hated him from the day.

My grandad also is a ex-professor in Chemistry and was actually employed by Clegg for an advisory role regarding solar energy i think or renewable energy. He says he was an idiot who knew that other forms of energy was needed but said that his party would never stand for non-renewable sources. Don't quote me on this one though because I only found out about this recently and my grandad's memories are not that great now.
I was one of the Sheffield students who voted for him at the time whilst I was at one of the unis. Naive! Shame he wasn't able to deliver. Shame he sold out to America too!

I used to really like him and even had a picture of him on my fridge, but when he got into bed with David Cameron and his tory cronies I saw him for what he really was and I really despised I also burned his picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So embrassing that clegg is now just a Facebook pr stooge trying to convince people it isn't as bad as people think it is 😔

Rolled out today on a media circus from his mansion.

I don't think his post is that bad with Facebook Vs Australia, but cringe that this is all he's amounted to doing these days. Was he really that broke and out of options?!

Yel

Maybe they'll be street parties to celebrate his glorious return to the UK? 🎺🎉

• Haha
I remember being disappointed in nick clegg and thought he'd made twatty decisions about students. However, if he hadn't been hounded out, who knows how much of a stopper the lib dems could have put into the monumental thermonuclear mess that we are currently enjoying courtesy of our very right wing tory setup?

Yel

who knows how much of a stopper the lib dems could have put into
They had one big chance to get PR through, and totally fucked it up with how weak they were when they had a tiny bit of power.

I'm not even sure what they stand for now, it used to be overturning brexit but I've heard next to nothing from them since covid

Reactions: 1
Not long after he left parliament, he had a short-lived podcast that was quite enjoyable. I thought he’d have a future in broadcasting but the big bucks offer from Facebook clearly put a stop to that.