New Zealand Terror Attack (15/03/19)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christchurch shootings: 49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798

Devastating and appalling. Terror attacks are always despicable acts of violence, but the way this was conducted... lost for words.

If we have any kiwis here on tattle, my thoughts are with you. They are also with the victims families, and the emergency workers.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Christchurch shootings: 49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798

Devastating and appalling. Terror attacks are always despicable acts of violence, but the way this was conducted... lost for words.

If we have any kiwis here on tattle, my thoughts are with you. They are also with the victims families, and the emergency workers.
The date is wrong in the header. Sorry I know that’s petty considering the circumstances.
My thoughts go out to all involved 💕

<3 and thoughts to all those affected.

Apparently he was a personal trainer and really into the gym. Does anyone else think these guys that take all these supplements and a ridiculously high meat diet get fueled with aggression? I speak from people I know IRL.

Reactions: 1
The date is wrong in the header. Sorry I know that’s petty considering the circumstances.
My thoughts go out to all involved 💕
Christ I'm terrible at dates, for some reason I put my moms birthday because I'm an idiot. You are so right. @Helen could you change it?

Thanks for pointing it out.

<3 and thoughts to all those affected.

Apparently he was a personal trainer and really into the gym. Does anyone else think these guys that take all these supplements and a ridiculously high meat diet get fueled with aggression? I speak from people I know IRL.
It could be a combination of things, but I think they all interlinked.

If he gymed alot he could have self image issues etc that perpetuate hate. Everyone is different though.

Nothing excuses this though. Just, it was so calculated. The live stream, the weapons covered in text. I can't imagine what was going through his head. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who commit such horrific crimes because they must be suffering mentally, but then I remember what they have done and just think no. duck no. There are so many people on this beautiful planet who suffer who don't do this.

These type of people are monsters.

Reactions: 5
My thoughts go out to any Kiwi tattlers.

I'm surprised they're actually referring to it as a terrorist attack. Usually when the shooter is white, there's a bunch of articles about how he had a mental illness as if that somehow makes it not his fault. :rolleyes: I'm glad they're actually referring to it for what it is for once.

Reactions: 7
It could be a combination of things, but I think they all interlinked.

If he gymed alot he could have self image issues etc that perpetuate hate. Everyone is different though.

Nothing excuses this though. Just, it was so calculated. The live stream, the weapons covered in text. I can't imagine what was going through his head. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who commit such horrific crimes because they must be suffering mentally, but then I remember what they have done and just think no. duck no. There are so many people on this beautiful planet who suffer who don't do this.

These type of people are monsters.
Agree ,nobody should be able to take another life/lives.Pure evil.My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones.What a world.

Reactions: 2
My thoughts go out to any Kiwi tattlers.

I'm surprised they're actually referring to it as a terrorist attack. Usually when the shooter is white, there's a bunch of articles about how he had a mental illness as if that somehow makes it not his fault. :rolleyes: I'm glad they're actually referring to it for what it is for once.
I was out yesterday and I heard some teenage girls say “Well, I guess it’s the same as a terrorist attack even though he’s white.” So much more education needed in that respect.

I cannot wrap my head around how someone could pervert their beliefs so much that they can murder people.

Reactions: 2
I'm really struggling with this affair.
I can't process how someone could do that to because they have different beliefs.
The innocent lives all gone. They went to pray in a place which they thought was safe. but, instead their deaths were streamed LIVE.

Have you read his manifesto?!

Reactions: 1
I'm really struggling with this affair.
I can't process how someone could do that to because they have different beliefs.
The innocent lives all gone. They went to pray in a place which they thought was safe. but, instead their deaths were streamed LIVE.

Have you read his manifesto?!
I completely agree with you. People will argue the same tragedies have happened 'the other way around' which is true but this tit-for-tat will never end. I'm very worried about revenge attacks now across the world...

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE?

I mean, they're both white, but oh yes, one is a Muslim...so no toddler photo to humanize her.

Both terrorists in my eyes.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I completely agree with you. People will argue the same tragedies have happened 'the other way around' which is true but this tit-for-tat will never end. I'm very worried about revenge attacks now across the world...
100% and then people moan that London had police guarding mosques yesterday during their Friday prayers????

I read the manifesto.

'interesting' reading.

In a weird way it is sad. Because he clearly had a passion.... Just for a terrible thing. If he put as much effort into doing things for good causes he would have been considered a pilar of a community. Instead he decided to waste it on... I don't know what.

Don't take any of that for me being sorry for who he has become, more so sorry for what he could have become.

I read the manifesto.

'interesting' reading.

In a weird way it is sad. Because he clearly had a passion.... Just for a terrible thing. If he put as much effort into doing things for good causes he would have been considered a pilar of a community. Instead he decided to waste it on... I don't know what.

Don't take any of that for me being sorry for who he has become, more so sorry for what he could have become.
So true, can't help thinking this applies to Anders Breivik too- I still shudder at how smug and proud he looked:(

the world feels so much more hateful and dangerous than it did

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE?

I mean, they're both white, but oh yes, one is a Muslim...so no toddler photo to humanize her.

Both terrorists in my eyes.
You’re reaching in my opinion, they’ve pictured her cradling a baby?

My comment was to clarify what was meant by ‘picture of a child’.
However, looking at the comparison of the two front page articles, I think the pictures of Samantha with her child/ren is used to illustrate/reinforce the accompanying headline.