New John Lewis ad?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This maybe isn’t the right place to put this, but I wondered what everyone thinks of the John Lewis Christmas as? It seems to be a very mixed response to it on Facebook.

I’m not impressed. They can’t top Monty the penguin for me ❤

Reactions: 4
tit! More an advert for Elton John, as much as I get what message they are trying to get across, I just don’t care. John Lewis have not had great adverts the past couple of years.

Monty the Penguin was amazing - I particularly love it because Tom Odell did the song that year and I love him. I also love the Snowmen one from a few years back.

Reactions: 3
Anyone have a linky pls :)

Oh I found it :D

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=mNbSgMEZ_Tw

oh gosh, what was that lol

Didn't Elton abandon his mother for much of his adult life as his partner hated her. I wonder what her opinion of his ad would be. She spent her last years with an Elton look-alike who kept her company as she was so desperate to see him! He was there at her 90th birthday party, but Elton was not.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...inger-talk-increasingly-close-friendship.html

Sorry, not buying it! Just an ad for Elton John. Can i just say i can't stand him, he was on a kids show being interviewed when I was a child and he was so rude, I asked my parents what was wrong with the man and they had to explain what being intoxicated and therefore obnoxious was! He was so bad. I've never forgotten it lol He's also tried to cover up the fact they have an open relationship and are constantly seeing other people, he have a diva reputation, I mean why him of all people, he doesn't say Christmas to me. He's known for reducing people to tears who are just doing their job. No wonder someone threw a beaded necklace at him once. probably his mother :ROFLMAO:

All they need for a good christmas advert is a cute animal or two and an adorable story line. It's not hard! How do they get it so wrong.

Last edited:
The end bit since we are...decorations are dragon Sue esque...shows how dated.

Not Elton John fan so not for me...did far better ones!

Reactions: 2
I can't believe they paid Elton John 5 million to advertise himself!!

No wonder John Lewis is so expensive.

Reactions: 5
No, I didn’t like it, seemed false given his tantrums and difficult relationship with his mum. The boots one however reduced me to tears which I guess is the aim of the Christmas ads.

I thought it was touching, especially knowing about his troubled relationship with his mother. But not touching in a good way. I don't want to feel sad at Christmas and contemplate loss. Can't beat the excitement the Coca Cola truck brings imo.

As if the big Diva that is Elton even remembers a little upright piano from his childhood and if he did he’d have thrown it out about the same time he lost his hair.
A few years ago my daughter had contract in London for about 8 months and she had a lovely garden flat in Holland Park. Elton John lived in a huge corner house on the same square and there was a beautiful shared residents garden that was enclosed by all the houses.
When I went to visit her and she told me I was off like a shot to casually stroll in the garden whilst frantically peering over into his back garden. I never saw him but the indoor pool looked gorgeous and I got a good look at the chef in the kitchen.
My daughter thought it was embarrassing that I even wanted to look.
Kids these days, what can you do???

Reactions: 1
I loved it... I’m quite happy to be in the minority.

Music is a gift, and sometimes it’s the gifts you least expect to have the most last effect that do. How many families have redundant pianos in their houses?

I believe Elton John donated much of his fee to the EJ Foundation.

http://ejaf.org/

Elton John is a total knob. He is obsessed with materialism and is rude and self entitled.
On a christmas advert? what a load of shite

Reactions: 3
the plug kid in the Sainsbury's ad beats all this years Christmas adverts.

I am a Kevin the Carrot fan and as I love anything cheesy, being a mouse, i adore the cringe fest that is the boots advert

John Lewis.......i am torn. I love the story and the message, i think the ad itself is clever but i would just have prefered a different 'star'. My fave JL ad has always been The Long Wait, Monty and then the Snowmen

So it turns out Elton John's last tour will be happening next year, the Farewell Tour and he is selling the ticket right now.

Haha so it was just a promotion for Elton.

Haha I knew it! Smart man, even if I don't like him.

We still can't talk about the olive oil threesome can we?

As if the big Diva that is Elton even remembers a little upright piano from his childhood and if he did he’d have thrown it out about the same time he lost his hair.
A few years ago my daughter had contract in London for about 8 months and she had a lovely garden flat in Holland Park. Elton John lived in a huge corner house on the same square and there was a beautiful shared residents garden that was enclosed by all the houses.
When I went to visit her and she told me I was off like a shot to casually stroll in the garden whilst frantically peering over into his back garden. I never saw him but the indoor pool looked gorgeous and I got a good look at the chef in the kitchen.
My daughter thought it was embarrassing that I even wanted to look.
Kids these days, what can you do???
My son says I am nosey...I love it!