New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother in law has been a godsend, she minds baby whilst I get some sleep and she bakes me cakes and biscuits.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
My mother in law is lovely. But useless as she moved three hours away the week we found out the girls had to be delivered early & her favourite grandkids are the BILS always have been 🙄.
She's also told us point blank she won't baby sit the girls until they're at least 3 because twins are hard work. (No tit sherlock, not that I'd ever put twins on someone else to look after🤣) she's never looked after boy Thankyou for more than 10mins.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Estranged MIL but his dad (they’ve been separated for over 30 years) texted saying did the newfound responsibility of baby Tango make him want to run away (that’s what he did to Mr. Tango) 😬😬😬

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone had babies that are brilliant sleepers?

I know all you ever read about regarding sleep is the lack of sleep but I’ve now got the opposite problem and I feel silly for even mentioning it.

Baby is 12 weeks old this week and now regularly sleeps from 10pm to 6am. Now I now that’s a dream for most people and it might not last but it’s causing me loads of anxiety 😟

I’m waking at 4am every morning and panicking that he isn’t breathing. After I’ve checked him, I then spend the next hour worrying that he is starving.

My logical brain tells me that he is thriving and content so must be okay but my mummy brain is hating it.

Any experienced mummies offer any words of wisdom? I’m aware of the 4 month sleep regression so things might change then
My second child slept from around 8 weeks 8pm-6/7am

Everleigh also did it for around 3 or 4 weeks and still does it on the odd night now.

Completely understand how you'd be worried though.
I still worry when my 3 year old sleeps past 7am 😂 I sit waiting for any noise from her. Thinking the worst to myself!

If baby needs a bottle though, they'll wake themselves 😊

I think my baby has reflux. She’s started bringing up milk after feeds, hiccuping and seems uncomfortable/crying in pain after feeding. She will settle being held upright but not lying down (which means I barely slept again last night). It’s horrible seeing her so upset and no amount of winding, back rubs or tummy rubs is helping. I think I’m going to try the anti reflux cow and gate formula but can’t get out to get it tonight which means another bad night for us both. Feel like I’m running on empty!

• Heart
I think my baby has reflux. She’s started bringing up milk after feeds, hiccuping and seems uncomfortable/crying in pain after feeding. She will settle being held upright but not lying down (which means I barely slept again last night). It’s horrible seeing her so upset and no amount of winding, back rubs or tummy rubs is helping. I think I’m going to try the anti reflux cow and gate formula but can’t get out to get it tonight which means another bad night for us both. Feel like I’m running on empty!
Is there anyway you can amazon now some? Or prime it from morrisons if its available? 😔
Reflux truly is the devil. Have you tried elevating her bed when she does go down? That slightly helped the girls.

Glad today has been better for you guys! Ours has hit rock bottom this morning, I actually cried and told my husband to take them away 🙈 (not forever obvs!) and I feel like the shittest mum ever as I really lost the rag with them. Hopefully we are on the up from here though.
You’re not a tit mum, it’s hard work anyway but you’re also in half term aren’t you? No doubt 10x harder when they’re not in the routine of school and everyone’s on top of eachother all day.

Hope you managed to get a bit of a break!

Is there anyway you can amazon now some? Or prime it from morrisons if its available? 😔
Reflux truly is the devil. Have you tried elevating her bed when she does go down? That slightly helped the girls.
I did try the supermarkets on Deliveroo but they only have the standard version we already use, not the anti reflux one.

I read about elevating the bed today actually although some websites say it’s not recommended.. her next to me can be dropped slightly at one end though so I think I’ll try it tonight if you found it helped. Surely they wouldn’t make them like that if it wasn’t safe? I’m that Google mum that looks up EVERYTHING haha but I feel like I should do something to try and help her!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone struggling with BF?

Our journey... Attempted to BF but due to tongue tie she dropped weight and wasn't seeing/pooing much. So I expressed every 2_3hrs and we gave breastmilk via a bottle

Had TT cut yesterday. Today we saw lactation consultant. She had a short feed on me tongue is moving better.

This afternoon sh
e had 5mins feed on me then fell asleep. I put her down to pump (BF lady told me to still express every few hrs to keep supply up til LG learns to fully feed off me), she cried still hungry. Put her back on me... Fed for 15mins, put her down to pump, she cried again..... Still hungry so husband gave her a bottle and she necked it.... I guess if we werent doing bottles then I'd have to just keep putting her back on me.. As many times as she wants?!

Is this normal?! Do BF babies honestly feed so often?! How do you get anything else done?! Or is she only having short feeds from me because we're new to BF? My mind is boggled and the tears are starting again... The last week that I've been x pressing I've been a lot happier and less hormonal. I rely wanted to BF but it's proving so difficult. Thanks for reading. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You’re not a tit mum, it’s hard work anyway but you’re also in half term aren’t you? No doubt 10x harder when they’re not in the routine of school and everyone’s on top of eachother all day.

Hope you managed to get a bit of a break!

I did try the supermarkets on Deliveroo but they only have the standard version we already use, not the anti reflux one.

I read about elevating the bed today actually although some websites say it’s not recommended.. her next to me can be dropped slightly at one end though so I think I’ll try it tonight if you found it helped. Surely they wouldn’t make them like that if it wasn’t safe? I’m that Google mum that looks up EVERYTHING haha but I feel like I should do something to try and help her!
When the girls were taken into hospital when their reflux was bad it was the first thing their neonatal consultant suggested & the cot they slept in was elevated. As long as its not a massive incline you should be fine!
Hopefully a change in formula helps her, if not badger your dr and get some medications! It's so horrible for them & you!

We had this for a few weeks too - I think between weeks 3-6 or something! There was so much grunting and squeaking and she’d just generally seem very uncomfortable. It did settle down after a while and although she’s sick quite a lot still it doesn’t seem to bother her that much any more. I totally feel your pain with the wake ups. It’s so so hard when they won’t be put down (but unfortunately very normal!)

We are at almost 9 weeks and still really struggling with sleep although it’s a lot better than it was! She will usually go down for 4-5 hours max at 8pm (although sometimes a lot less…) and then will be up and down for the remainder of the night refusing to sleep in her cot for more than 40 mins on her own 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.