New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve started hiding chocolate not just from my toddler but also from my husband. Nothing worse than going to sneak a few squares and there’s none left, problem solved 🙃
I do this😈 I have a secret stash in my bedside table. No one will ever know

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't understand, when I have chocolate I just eat it all. It doesn’t last long enough to hide!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m currently in the hairdresser having my hair done and it’s so lovely to have a break all to myself. But boy had I forgotten how long an appointment for balayage, treatment and cut and dry would take. Already been here a couple of hours and think I’ve got more to go. My bum is going numb…
Oh gosh that’s what I have booked in Dec. It takes ages doesnt it! How good do you feel now though?

Why is everyone changing their profile photos?
What’s going on 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Are any of the other KW’s just the most unsympathetic people ever?
I think I have the flu. I have been feeling horrendous for days, and just not getting much better. Today I dragged myself and 5 kids round the zoo, as it’s my son’s birthday next week and that’s what he wanted to do for his day out. Actually thought I was going to pass out at one point (and hoped a lion would eat me to end the suffering 🤣🦁) and KW had taken TMe home so was just me and four kids.
Anyway, so I’m in bed with TMe. Having a little pity party cry to myself because I just feel so awful. And KW walks in and goes “what’s wrong with you?”

I’m sorry, how can you honestly live with someone and see them so miserable they can barely do anything, and be so obtuse and unsympathetic about it? He is the worst when I’m unwell. Literally no sympathy at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
On the Mr Blobby chat I apparently LOVED Mr Blobby as a child. Like a weird amount. My Nana knitted him for me and apparently there was an episode of Noel’s house party where he got pushed over and I cried and got angry at the man who did it.
Explains a lot about the person I have become tbh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think I have the flu. I have been feeling horrendous for days, and just not getting much better. Today I dragged myself and 5 kids round the zoo, as it’s my son’s birthday next week and that’s what he wanted to do for his day out. Actually thought I was going to pass out at one point (and hoped a lion would eat me to end the suffering 🤣🦁) and KW had taken TMe home so was just me and four kids.
Anyway, so I’m in bed with TMe. Having a little pity party cry to myself because I just feel so awful. And KW walks in and goes “what’s wrong with you?”

I’m sorry, how can you honestly live with someone and see them so miserable they can barely do anything, and be so obtuse and unsympathetic about it? He is the worst when I’m unwell. Literally no sympathy at all.
My partner is exactly the same.
I don't even bother speaking anymore.
Then when I do say what's wrong, all I get back is "Cheer up grumpy arse"
Or he tells me I have nothing to be grumpy about.
If I say I'm ill or feeling crappy, he doesn't even acknowledge that I've spoke.
Doesn't even look at me.

Yet a simple thing like his arm hurt the other day and he told me about 14 times in the space of an hour 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Yes… but when he’s got a tiny sniffle it’s like the world is ending ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh gosh that’s what I have booked in Dec. It takes ages doesnt it! How good do you feel now though?
It was four and a bit hours in the end as I forgot to add in the time needed for the toner 🫠 But I feel like I’ve had a lovely relaxing day and am feeling far less haggard round the edges. Pretty sure my hairdresser works magic with what he does to my rather sub par hair which comes out looking rather glam, if I say so myself!

Although when he was asking if I was off out tonight to show off my new hair I’m such a loser that I lied and made up plans when of course the only plans I have are scoffing my face with Lebkuchen biscuits (I’m addicted to them once they appear in the shops before Christmas) in front of the tv 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It was four and a bit hours in the end as I forgot to add in the time needed for the toner 🫠 But I feel like I’ve had a lovely relaxing day and am feeling far less haggard round the edges. Pretty sure my hairdresser works magic with what he does to my rather sub par hair which comes out looking rather glam, if I say so myself!

Although when he was asking if I was off out tonight to show off my new hair I’m such a loser that I lied and made up plans when of course the only plans I have are scoffing my face with Lebkuchen biscuits (I’m addicted to them once they appear in the shops before Christmas) in front of the tv 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Omg when they give you a fancy blow dry and you’re like babes I’m just gonna sit on my sofa just give me the basics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

My last hair appointment was 6.5 hours because my hair is just so thick! I was ready for bed by the end. Obviously made up an elaborate lie about my wild plans that night and went home got my pjs on and watched Corrie 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yes. I’ve had to give him phrases to use as he doesn’t understand how to be kind
Sorry you feel like crap, fluids up and hope a couple of nights sleep can shake it x
I like that idea of giving him phrases to use, I will have to work on that one.
A few nights of sleep would be superb! Sadly can’t even blame TMe for the lack as I’ve just been so achey I can’t get comfy. Then when I do he pops up shouting “booooobies” ffs 🙄

If I say I'm ill or feeling crappy, he doesn't even acknowledge that I've spoke.
Doesn't even look at me.

Yet a simple thing like his arm hurt the other day and he told me about 14 times in the space of an hour 😑
They were raised wrongly, for sure. When I’ve brought it up to my KW before he says “oh well that’s how my dad always was” well that doesn’t make it ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Ugh yes but when they’re ill you have to listen to their list of symptoms on repeat 🙄

Hope you feel better soon MamaMe and that ToddlerMe miraculously has a rare night off boob! (Also is this a boy thing because I feel like mine is almost as obsessed with boob milk as TMe?! He’s started raging if I try and rock him to sleep for a day nap instead 🤣)
Doesn't even look at me.

Has he been a bit better since you and Ivy were in hospital and he had to step it up at home? X

• Heart
Ugh yes but when they’re ill you have to listen to their list of symptoms on repeat 🙄

Hope you feel better soon MamaMe and that ToddlerMe miraculously has a rare night off boob! (Also is this a boy thing because I feel like mine is almost as obsessed with boob milk as TMe?! He’s started raging if I try and rock him to sleep for a day nap instead 🤣)

Has he been a bit better since you and Ivy were in hospital and he had to step it up at home? X
My girls were maybe not quite as obsessed with the boobs (I have vivid memories of 7Me standing in front of me howling crying shouting “BOOOBIES! BOOBIES!” when he was about 2 🙈) but still would have been quite territorial of them, especially for sleepy times. But the boys definitely have an edge 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@jackolantern i think I’ve accidentally found your people…. On mumsnet?!?

I follow their Xmas bargain thread (because I have an instinctive objection to paying full price for anything) and all of a sudden they’re all talking about buying axes?! Someone even thought about buying an axe for a four year old?! So apparently you’re not the only one I bet the rest of them just buy soup in a tin though, you really are alone there

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Debatable 😂

@jackolantern i think I’ve accidentally found your people…. On mumsnet?!?

I follow their Xmas bargain thread (because I have an instinctive objection to paying full price for anything) and all of a sudden they’re all talking about buying axes?! Someone even thought about buying an axe for a four year old?! So apparently you’re not the only one I bet the rest of them just buy soup in a tin though, you really are alone there
:eek: HAVE I BEEN CLONED? Although fml if my people are on sodding mumsnet of all places, can I not atleast have something cool like the darkweb or some tit

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yep, I get ‘what’s up with you?’ after he’s watched me run round like a blue arses fly all day.

Also question - baby o’s birthday is in like 2 weeks. We’re having a little tea party with family at the weekend but on the day of her birthday (it’s a Thursday) I was hoping me and KW could take her somewhere for a little trip out.
As it’s midweek and we don’t have a car, we’d be relying on public transport - I was looking at farms, Christmas grottos etc but they’re all like 2+bus rides away and frankly getting a pushchair on and off four buses with KW sounds like a recipe for divorce.
but I have found a soft play in walking distance that has a little under 4s bit that looks baby friendly. I figured it should be quite quiet but is it weird to go just the 3 of us. I’m happy to sit in the play area with her while she crawls around and tries to climb everywhere (I’m sure KW will be bored to tears but it’s not his birthday), but is it weird?
we don’t really have many baby friends, or at least not any we know well enough to spend her birthday with.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.