New baby and post birth advice #36 I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone want another MIL?

My baby is….

• Up to 3 months

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • 19-24 months

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 2+ years

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Still pregnant, I’m just reading ahead

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • The main reason why I drink

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title this time is from @Daisydunn15 - to be honest this wasn’t the comment with the most likes, but that was another quote from Daisy, I’m just not allowed to swear in the thread title (“Forgot myself a bit at baby group today and said baby had 'been a right little bleep'.”) So I’ve picked something else she said instead 😂

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@Dipdab we went through this for ages with Everleigh!
She could be asleep for an hour with you sitting there and the second I'd move, she'd sit bolt upright and scream!
Wouldn't even be making a sound!

I started just leaving her for a minute, going to pee, and coming back, putting her dummy in shhhing her, patting her, sitting for a few minutes and doing it again.
We've now got to the point, although this started around 8 months, only just got to the point that most of the time, I can put her dummy back in, leave the room and she lays back down.
It's only taken 11 months though 🙃

Reactions: 2
Put Baby Runner in her own room last night. Didn’t last long, she was back in bed with me before midnight 😂 but it’s progress as I’d never even managed to put her down before. Scrapping the cot and putting her down on a mattress on the floor seems to work better

Reactions: 4
Shame we can't call our precious bundles cunts in the title 🤷‍♀️😂

We're going to have to move from the next2me to the cot in the next couple of weeks, she can hardly move 😥 wondering what kind of magic I can spin to get the cot in our room, it probably won't fit but I could maybe learn to jump really far from the door to the bed 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Me this morning. Last night was not the one. Not even close to being somewhere near a place that may be on the same scale as being the one.

He was a right little bleep all night 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Well it’s been a dramatic morning here. Baby o slept 5.39-6.30 and woke up sobbing.
I’d put her to bed in long pj bottoms, t shirt and a sleeping bag (I wasn’t sure what to do with her running a temperature) and whilst her arms were freezing cold, her body and legs were roasting. Her legs were so hot I could barely touch them and one foot was bright red. Stripped her off to check nothing was wrapped or caught in her bottoms. Temp was 38.3 so gave ibuprofen, and she seems a more normal temp but that foot is still pink and a wee bit warmer than the other.
I’m not sure if it’s because I dressed her in the wrong thing but I’m going to call 111. Something just isn’t sitting right.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can someone talk me down from the nervous breakdown im about to have 😭. Arnie is crawling around now, up on all fours etc and this morning when changing him I've noticed that he's got a tiny bruise (normal colour) on the side of his tummy. Is this normal? I normally hold him that side so wondering if it's that, or when he's constantly on his tummy crawling/rolling around.

I'm trying to be rational 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Definitelyme folllowing on from the last thread with the toys… I am the KW in this one. I can’t be arsed to put them all together. We have a toy box and kallax that all the toys get thrown in
I will say it is so annoying when toys go missing. Especially pieces of a toy like your bang bang toy. Like, where do they go?! I don’t get it. Not only do I have someone stealing socks, I have someone stealing toys!

Can someone talk me down from the nervous breakdown im about to have 😭. Arnie is crawling around now, up on all fours etc and this morning when changing him I've noticed that he's got a tiny bruise (normal colour) on the side of his tummy. Is this normal? I normally hold him that side so wondering if it's that, or when he's constantly on his tummy crawling/rolling around.

Baby B had the same a couple of weeks ago, but I’m pretty sure he fell on a toy. I would say it’s normal at this stage x

• Haha
  • Heart
Well it’s been a dramatic morning here. Baby o slept 5.39-6.30 and woke up sobbing.
I’d put her to bed in long pj bottoms, t shirt and a sleeping bag (I wasn’t sure what to do with her running a temperature) and whilst her arms were freezing cold, her body and legs were roasting. Her legs were so hot I could barely touch them and one foot was bright red. Stripped her off to check nothing was wrapped or caught in her bottoms. Temp was 38.3 so gave ibuprofen, and she seems a more normal temp but that foot is still pink and a wee bit warmer than the other.
I’m not sure if it’s because I dressed her in the wrong thing but I’m going to call 111. Something just isn’t sitting right.
Always call if you're worried.
Temperatures are their body's way of fighting off infection 😊 and she's only just got a temperature. It's more concern is usually if it goes above 40.

Follow your instinct and call though!

It could be anything 😊
When they're crawling around, they're crawling on all sorts. He could've banged it with a toy or anything 😊 I wouldn't say its a worry at all!
The kids have always got little bruises I have no idea where they've come from, I mean, I get them myself too!

• Heart
Oooh the thread title - it’s a hard no from me! Considering my MIL spent the majority of the time we were our first a meal on Sat asking me if I think Baby Cupcake will be gay when he’s older and how disappointing it will be if he is.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Always call if you're worried.
Temperatures are their body's way of fighting off infection 😊 and she's only just got a temperature. It's more concern is usually if it goes above 40.

Follow your instinct and call though!

It could be anything 😊
When they're crawling around, they're crawling on all sorts. He could've banged it with a toy or anything 😊 I wouldn't say its a worry at all!
The kids have always got little bruises I have no idea where they've come from, I mean, I get them myself too!
SOtrue, the other kids are always covered and so am I, with no idea how!! I'm just a bloody anxious mess, I wish I enjoyed drinking I really do that may have helped to keep me calm 😅

Oooh the thread title - it’s a hard no from me! Considering my MIL spent the majority of the time we were our first a meal on Sat asking me if I think Baby Cupcake will be gay when he’s older and how disappointing it will be if he is.
Never mind our kids being cunts.

What a massive bleep

Reactions: 8
What?! How did you keep your cool. You're a Saint 😅

Reactions: 5
Why is it that when I go out somewhere without the kids (although very rare) even food shop, I have to get the kids ready and fed before I go as well as myself ready.
But when KW goes out for the day, I also have to get the kids dressed and fed ect because he's busy getting himself ready as well as myself 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why is it that when I go out somewhere without the kids (although very rare) even food shop, I have to get the kids ready and fed before I go as well as myself ready.
But when KW goes out for the day, I also have to get the kids dressed and fed ect because he's busy getting himself ready as well as myself 🤔
It's amazing isn't it. Either they think we have some magical abilities they don't or they take us for mugs.
I'll say to KW we need to be out of the house at a certain time while he's sat in his boxers on his phone, I usually go off doing everything one-handed, get the baby ready, pack her bag and then come up to hand her over while I get dressed and he'll go, 'oh well you didnt remind me' so I have to either look like a woman that day or we're late. I've started doing this evert time he's off work, in hope that he'll get the message that he needs to pay more bleeping attention and be more considerate.. we've argued every weekend for about 2 months so far over it 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's amazing isn't it. Either they think we have some magical abilities they don't or they take us for mugs.
I'll say to KW we need to be out of the house at a certain time while he's sat in his boxers on his phone, I usually go off doing everything one-handed, get the baby ready, pack her bag and then come up to hand her over while I get dressed and he'll go, 'oh well you didnt remind me' so I have to either look like a woman that day or we're late. I've started doing this evert time he's off work, in hope that he'll get the message that he needs to pay more bleeping attention and be more considerate.. we've argued every weekend for about 2 months so far over it 😂😂
Can guarantee he'll come into the living room and go "Well, I'm ready to go. Are you?"
Mmm no mate 😂
Purposely sitting reading tattle instead of getting the kids ready 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.