New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right ladies, at your recommendation I have brown noise on. I’m expecting miracles. See you all at 7am, yeah?

Fully expect to be awake at 11, 1, 2, 3, 5 as normal
You’ll be up at all those times using the toilet if it’s the brown noise on 🤣

I sold Mr TY and bought a single 😂

We've moved our bed right up to the window have a cot a the bottom of the bed cot at the side. Can't open my chest of drawers so unsure how I'll get underwear 😂
Underwear is overrated anyway 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hi All, after some advice please. I’m keen to explore eco-friendly options for nappies when my little one arrives. I’m not sure I’ll go down the reusable route - at least not straight away - but I’m keen on biodegradable options. I just don’t feel right about the mountain of landfill waste created by nappies, wipes etc.

Do any of you have any recommended brands or good deals you know of? I’ve found some articles online and there seems to be a wide choice and some wild prices! We’re not rolling in it so trying to be budget friendly as much as possible. Thanks!
We use the pura nappies - no leaks... they are currently £3 a pack (size 1) in asda or I think amazon prime
Or we've always used rascal and friends from birth to now (night times only) with out 3.5year old and they are £5 in tesco.
Never a leak and both eco :)

Reactions: 1
We have an 8hr rain storm sounds podcast on here, as we have done everynight since he was born. Does it make him sleep longer? No
Can I now sleep without it? Also no
Same! Can’t sleep without the sound machine now as well.

@LittleBluebird someone here compared a C-Section to being Dextered on a slab - it always makes me feel hardcore whenever I have doubtful thoughts of not ‘giving’ birth 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We have an 8hr rain storm sounds podcast on here, as we have done everynight since he was born. Does it make him sleep longer? No
Can I now sleep without it? Also no
I can’t sleep without Ewan the sheep on 🥴🥴 she doesn’t give a tit about it but I’m pressing his bloody foot every 20 minutes because it feels weirdly silent without it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@LittleBluebird I'm with you both. I also find it hard when people ask how labour was, as I didn't even experience that so feel like a total fraud. Not that I'd ever think that of anyone else in the same boat!
Lucky me I had an elective section and STILL went in to labour, because of medication had to labour for 7 hours before the section 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just woken up and baby Rita had wriggled herself to one side of the cot and had her face squished up against the side. I’m now terrified to go back to sleep 😂😫

• Haha
Just woken up and baby Rita had wriggled herself to one side of the cot and had her face squished up against the side. I’m now terrified to go back to sleep 😂😫
Baby Bluebird did that a few nights ago. Bloody terrifying.

We’re up in the small hours to feed but BB also seems like she has an upset tummy. She’s been making such odd noises since the midnight feed and she hardly ate just now. She’s downstairs with KW while I try to get some sleep.

Husband took baby who has been waking hourly the last week to give me a break. Baby did not wake once until 3.30 for a feed. I've been awake since 2.30 with boobs like rocks and haven't been able to get back to sleep since. 🙃🙃🙃🙃 Wonderful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Trouble is he then wakes 3 or 4 times in the night. In wondering if it's because he doesn't get the opportunity to settle himself?
Ahhh possibly, I was also feeding her to sleep when she woke as I knew it’d get her off the easiest way (I am so mindful not to start giving advice when my baby’s sleep has been wild!)

• Heart
Philosophical, sleep deprived, caffeine and dancing fruit induced 5am thought of the day - parenting is this weird mix of my life has never had so much glorious purpose/I am in baby purgatory and everyday of my life is the same or worse, can anyone relate? 😅 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Philosophical, sleep deprived, caffeine and dancing fruit induced 5am thought of the day - parenting is this weird mix of my life has never had so much glorious purpose/I am in baby purgatory and everyday of my life is the same or worse, can anyone relate? 😅 🤣
11months, 5:30am teletubbie gang, I can’t confirm just yet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We took our first trip to the city center today! All of these little outings help me to feel more confident for when OH leaves and I’m on my own with a 7 week old and my aging dad when he visits.

I think I’m nervous because she eats on demand and doesn’t “demand” until she’s over hungry and then starts crying a lot. Then I need to find somewhere to feed her that’s not smack dab in the middle of a city street or on a bus etc. We did feed in car park today so that was a new adventure. Only a few people saw my breasts 🤣.

I also feel like such a fraud when I say “gave birth”. I always put it in air quotes because I feel like to give birth one must labor and push. What kind of ducked up internalized misogynistic thinking is that? Am I being silly for thinking this? OH says yes. (I don’t want to cause any offense to others who’ve had sections, this is my own messed up thinking🤦‍♀️)
I always find posh shops usually have a ‘parent room’ or somewhere to feed and change if you want somewhere quiet and out of the way. Our John Lewis has these lovely little roomswhere you can sit in a comfy chair and feed in a rocking chair. I don’t breastfeed but it can still be awkward bottle feeding if you’re not sat at a table in a cafe etc so I usually head there.

Also with you on the section thing. Mine was elective so I always compare it to booking in for a hair cut 😂 part of me feels sad that I never experienced a contraction or waters breaking etc as I don’t think I’ll have anymore babies

KW has already pissed me off this morning. I’m probably being unreasonable but I’ve just woken up in a tit mood 🤷🏻‍♀️ But last night he was downstairs watching football, so I made up baby’s bottles and popped them in a sink of cold water to cool down, went upstairs and forgot about them until I woke up this morning 🤦🏻‍♀️

Asked Mr O if he by any chance thought to pop them in the fridge and he acted as if that would be an absolutely insane thing to do… ‘no, why would I?’ Well I hoped maybe you’d use some common bleeping sense and remember that they’re always usually in the fridge?!?! ‘Well I thought maybe you’d put them there for a reason’ - why would I deliberately leave any kind of milk out in the sink overnight?!?

I’m annoyed at myself for forgetting but I’m also just annoyed at his lack of consideration. If he paid more attention it wouldn’t be on ME to remember everything all the bloody time.

So anyway, I reckon that’s 21oz of milk down the drain and baby o is crying while we wait for the kettle 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I always find posh shops usually have a ‘parent room’ or somewhere to feed and change if you want somewhere quiet and out of the way. Our John Lewis has these lovely little roomswhere you can sit in a comfy chair and feed in a rocking chair. I don’t breastfeed but it can still be awkward bottle feeding if you’re not sat at a table in a cafe etc so I usually head there.

Also with you on the section thing. Mine was elective so I always compare it to booking in for a hair cut 😂 part of me feels sad that I never experienced a contraction or waters breaking etc as I don’t think I’ll have anymore babies

KW has already pissed me off this morning. I’m probably being unreasonable but I’ve just woken up in a tit mood 🤷🏻‍♀️ But last night he was downstairs watching football, so I made up baby’s bottles and popped them in a sink of cold water to cool down, went upstairs and forgot about them until I woke up this morning 🤦🏻‍♀️

Asked Mr O if he by any chance thought to pop them in the fridge and he acted as if that would be an absolutely insane thing to do… ‘no, why would I?’ Well I hoped maybe you’d use some common bleeping sense and remember that they’re always usually in the fridge?!?! ‘Well I thought maybe you’d put them there for a reason’ - why would I deliberately leave any kind of milk out in the sink overnight?!?

I’m annoyed at myself for forgetting but I’m also just annoyed at his lack of consideration. If he paid more attention it wouldn’t be on ME to remember everything all the bloody time.

So anyway, I reckon that’s 21oz of milk down the drain and baby o is crying while we wait for the kettle 🙄
Don't be annoyed at yourself. It's easily done!
I've lost count how many times I've come down in the morning and the bottles are left in the water!

Men just don't seem to have that part of common sense.
You would think that would be the sensible thing to do 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.