New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We took our first trip to the city center today! All of these little outings help me to feel more confident for when OH leaves and I’m on my own with a 7 week old and my aging dad when he visits.

I think I’m nervous because she eats on demand and doesn’t “demand” until she’s over hungry and then starts crying a lot. Then I need to find somewhere to feed her that’s not smack dab in the middle of a city street or on a bus etc. We did feed in car park today so that was a new adventure. Only a few people saw my breasts 🤣.

I also feel like such a fraud when I say “gave birth”. I always put it in air quotes because I feel like to give birth one must labor and push. What kind of ducked up internalized misogynistic thinking is that? Am I being silly for thinking this? OH says yes. (I don’t want to cause any offense to others who’ve had sections, this is my own messed up thinking🤦‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi All, after some advice please. I’m keen to explore eco-friendly options for nappies when my little one arrives. I’m not sure I’ll go down the reusable route - at least not straight away - but I’m keen on biodegradable options. I just don’t feel right about the mountain of landfill waste created by nappies, wipes etc.

Do any of you have any recommended brands or good deals you know of? I’ve found some articles online and there seems to be a wide choice and some wild prices! We’re not rolling in it so trying to be budget friendly as much as possible. Thanks!
Interesting question, I did a bit of research on this before baby B arrived. Probably not the answer you want but I found this article helpful!
https://www.madeformums.com/reviews/do-biodegradable-nappies-biodegrade/

we ended up doing a mix of Aldi disposables and reusables 🙂

Reactions: 2
How on earth do I have a one year old next week?How the f has that happened? 🤯

I can't believe we both survived, if I'm honest!

Hope you're all well ladies x

• Heart
Hi All, after some advice please. I’m keen to explore eco-friendly options for nappies when my little one arrives. I’m not sure I’ll go down the reusable route - at least not straight away - but I’m keen on biodegradable options. I just don’t feel right about the mountain of landfill waste created by nappies, wipes etc.

Do any of you have any recommended brands or good deals you know of? I’ve found some articles online and there seems to be a wide choice and some wild prices! We’re not rolling in it so trying to be budget friendly as much as possible. Thanks!
I think that biodegradable nappies are a great idea, but if they are just going in to your normal waste then they aren’t going to biodegrade and will just go to landfill anyway. I think you’d probably need to research the best disposal method for that type of nappy to ensure it get the chance to biodegrade fully.
One really easy switch is to cloth wipes. Even when we are away and not using cloth nappies I always use cloth wipes, as they are so much better than disposable ones, and super easy to chuck in the wash and dry.

We took our first trip to the city center today! All of these little outings help me to feel more confident for when OH leaves and I’m on my own with a 7 week old and my aging dad when he visits.

I think I’m nervous because she eats on demand and doesn’t “demand” until she’s over hungry and then starts crying a lot. Then I need to find somewhere to feed her that’s not smack dab in the middle of a city street or on a bus etc. We did feed in car park today so that was a new adventure. Only a few people saw my breasts 🤣.

I also feel like such a fraud when I say “gave birth”. I always put it in air quotes because I feel like to give birth one must labor and push. What kind of ducked up internalized misogynistic thinking is that? Am I being silly for thinking this? OH says yes. (I don’t want to cause any offense to others who’ve had sections, this is my own messed up thinking🤦‍♀️)
Way To go mama 🥳🥳🥳🥳

One habit I find I’ve always gotten in to with going out and small babies is a top up feed. So basically I offer a boob before we leave, even if they’ve not long taken a feed, and it just tops them up a little bit more. Then if you sit down somewhere when you’re out you can top her up again. Make sure to watch out for really early hunger cues as well 😊
And I wouldn’t worry, honestly at least half the UK must have seen my boobs over the last 9 years 🤣

Interesting question, I did a bit of research on this before baby B arrived. Probably not the answer you want but I found this article helpful!
https://www.madeformums.com/reviews/do-biodegradable-nappies-biodegrade/

we ended up doing a mix of Aldi disposables and reusables 🙂
Love this link and info!!!! I thought that would be the case, so good to see it out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Way To go mama 🥳🥳🥳🥳

One habit I find I’ve always gotten in to with going out and small babies is a top up feed. So basically I offer a boob before we leave, even if they’ve not long taken a feed, and it just tops them up a little bit more. Then if you sit down somewhere when you’re out you can top her up again. Make sure to watch out for really early hunger cues as well 😊
And I wouldn’t worry, honestly at least half the UK must have seen my boobs over the last 9 years 🤣
Thank you! ❤ We’ve got her hunger cues pretty well understood but she won’t eat until she’s READY. I’ve tried giving her the boob when she starts with her hands but she’s not interested. It’s a bit bizarre. It’s not until her arms and legs are flying about that she’ll eat. 🤦‍♀️ It takes her about an hour to wake up from her nap / sleeping and she’s definitely hungry but not ready to eat. Hopefully it’ll change soon and she’ll eat before she’s “starving”. The top up is a great idea; I’ll try that next time and see if she takes it.

• Heart
Thank you! ❤ We’ve got her hunger cues pretty well understood but she won’t eat until she’s READY. I’ve tried giving her the boob when she starts with her hands but she’s not interested. It’s a bit bizarre. It’s not until her arms and legs are flying about that she’ll eat. 🤦‍♀️ It takes her about an hour to wake up from her nap / sleeping and she’s definitely hungry but not ready to eat. Hopefully it’ll change soon and she’ll eat before she’s “starving”. The top up is a great idea; I’ll try that next time and see if she takes it.
Ahh she knows how she likes things!!! Will only eat when her specific ideals are met! A strong, independent woman in the making 💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mr Waka Is always on call of duty and usually gets home at 9pm on Fridays from work. He got home 7pm and is watching tv, my gosh he won’t shut up. Teaching me new words I have no interest in (I don’t even understand them) and asking me to watch the arsenal goals on the tv, I want him to buzz off 😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I had a section and I also feel like a fraud saying “when I gave birth””. I end up saying “when I had the babies” or “when they were born” Which is silly because We did give birth just in a different way

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We’ve only got BabyShark tonight and I feel so so lost. Big kids have gone for a sleepover.

I’ve just found out one of MrShark’s friends has passed away, very young and leaving behind tiny kids. She was lovely, always hands on with her kids even while living with cancer. Would it be completely wrong of me to drive to grandmas, give the kids and cuddle and squeeze 😩 It really puts things into perspective doesn’t it 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
None of my kids have ever been interested in breakfast at all until about age 2.5. ToddlerMe is 15 months now, and doesn’t eat anything at all for breakfast, but it doesn’t seem to faze him at all (maybe the 40 gallons of boob he drinks overnight?!)
How is Louie doing?

🥳🥳 I am all about celebrating the good days!! Love a day like that when you just feel it’s all gone smoothly. Get that glass of wine at the ready!

I agree he is for the bin, what a shambles.
I actually never thought of that because she is the same with the amount of milk during the night 🤣
He's getting there, he's still in a bit of pain that we are trying to manage but not quite there yet. He still absolutely hates me....except when my partner isn't it because he has clearly resigned himself to the fact that he has no choice but to be nice to me 🤣
Once again, these two are perfectly in sync. We’ve got a fussy eater too now, just picks at each meal whereas last week she’d eat anythjng
It's quite frustrating isn't it. I'm trying my hardest not to get wound up about it because she obv knows what she needs! She will eat fruit by the bucket load and I'm constantly worrying about all the sugar 🙃

Attachments

• Heart
We’ve only got BabyShark tonight and I feel so so lost. Big kids have gone for a sleepover.

I’ve just found out one of MrShark’s friends has passed away, very young and leaving behind tiny kids. She was lovely, always hands on with her kids even while living with cancer. Would it be completely wrong of me to drive to grandmas, give the kids and cuddle and squeeze 😩 It really puts things into perspective doesn’t it 😢
Oh that is heartbreaking ❤

I actually never thought of that because she is the same with the amount of milk during the night 🤣
He's getting there, he's still in a bit of pain that we are trying to manage but not quite there yet. He still absolutely hates me....except when my partner isn't it because he has clearly resigned himself to the fact that he has no choice but to be nice to me 🤣

It's quite frustrating isn't it. I'm trying my hardest not to get wound up about it because she obv knows what she needs! She will eat fruit by the bucket load and I'm constantly worrying about all the sugar 🙃
I am convinced that’s why none of my kids like breakfast until they are older, because they gorge themselves at the all night milk bar, and their tummies just aren’t hungry first thing.

Louie sounds like a character! Is he allowed near Sonny yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

It’s so frustrating! She’ll eat fruit and peas and that’s it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Oh that is heartbreaking ❤

I am convinced that’s why none of my kids like breakfast until they are older, because they gorge themselves at the all night milk bar, and their tummies just aren’t hungry first thing.

Louie sounds like a character! Is he allowed near Sonny yet?
She's been even worse than usual during the night feesing with the warm weather so I wonder if that hasn't helped aswell
He is, whenever he sees me with his meds he mutters angrily at me and hides 🤣. Not yet, his poos still aren't normal even after antibiotics so that needs some investigation. They shout to each other though so they know they exist.....it was a very good idea getting two loud parrots with a baby 🙃🙃

It’s so frustrating! She’ll eat fruit and peas and that’s it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah anything sweet and she's game. Occasionally some dry cheerios but heaven forbid I put them in milk to make an actual breakfast 🙃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We've somehow managed to move my room around that we can fit two fully built cots in our room. So tonight for the first time since they were 5 weeks old the twins will be sleeping alone.
If this doesn't stop twin 1 starting her day at 4am I'm selling her on Etsy....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well KW is still out, messaged me to say hes ill and had to get a water 😫 apparently he is getting the bus home now so can't wait for him to arrive home in all his stinking drunk glory 🤣

Of course I have both kids in bed with me so he'll be on the sofa tonight, unlucky KW

• Heart
We've somehow managed to move my room around that we can fit two fully built cots in our room. So tonight for the first time since they were 5 weeks old the twins will be sleeping alone.
If this doesn't stop twin 1 starting her day at 4am I'm selling her on Etsy....
How did you manage it in the end? You and Mr TY I’m bunk beds?!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had a section and I also feel like a fraud saying “when I gave birth””. I end up saying “when I had the babies” or “when they were born” Which is silly because We did give birth just in a different way
@LittleBluebird I'm with you both. I also find it hard when people ask how labour was, as I didn't even experience that so feel like a total fraud. Not that I'd ever think that of anyone else in the same boat!

• Heart
Right ladies, at your recommendation I have brown noise on. I’m expecting miracles. See you all at 7am, yeah?

Fully expect to be awake at 11, 1, 2, 3, 5 as normal

• Haha
How did you manage it in the end? You and Mr TY I’m bunk beds?!
I sold Mr TY and bought a single 😂

We've moved our bed right up to the window have a cot a the bottom of the bed cot at the side. Can't open my chest of drawers so unsure how I'll get underwear 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Right ladies, at your recommendation I have brown noise on. I’m expecting miracles. See you all at 7am, yeah?

Fully expect to be awake at 11, 1, 2, 3, 5 as normal
We have an 8hr rain storm sounds podcast on here, as we have done everynight since he was born. Does it make him sleep longer? No
Can I now sleep without it? Also no

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.