New Albums of 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to discuss new releases

Great idea @PollyPerks!

My favourite so far this year has been Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

I also really enjoyed Tyler, The Creator - CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST and I like Billie Eilish’s new album more than I thought I would too

Reactions: 2
Thank you @rainonme :)

Two albums came out in July that I'm really loving:

Heart Shaped Scars by Dot Allison - mysterious, nature-themed folk-tinged songs of heartbreak. Some absolutely magical melodies.

Love Drips and Gathers by Piroshka - classic shoegaze style mixed with a more personal, reflective edge and some KILLER guitar sounds!

Will post more later when I'm not about to go into a meeting 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I haven't bought an album in years, but I'm definitely getting the new Abba one!

Can I just recommend Teatro d'Ira vol 1 by Maneskin? It's the first album since Jagged Little Pill that I haven't skipped a track on and genuinely love every single track. It's hard / glam rock / verging on metal on a couple of tracks, but the tunes and the lyrics are just amazing. Only 8 tracks and 6 of them are in Italian but they are just fantastic, all of them. Go give it a listen.

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert is a brilliant new album. Very cinematic and she easily outshines her male counterparts imo so it’s a shame she doesn’t get the same level of attention. One of the best about right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Totally in love with The Ultra Vivid Lament by the Manic Street Preachers ❤ It may just be second favourite album they've ever done and it's only been out three days! Heartbreakingly beautiful at times but also so uplifting. So excited to see them live at the weekend!

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert is a brilliant new album. Very cinematic and she easily outshines her male counterparts imo so it’s a shame she doesn’t get the same level of attention. One of the best about right now!
I bleeping LOVE THIS ALBUM. Some of the tracks could be in a James Bond album. The horns, the strings. It’s bloody sublime. I’d love to see it performed with an orchestra. It’s seamless too - the way Fear No Man comes after Point & Kill I thought it was one track. Honestly, I could talk about this album for days. The videos too, check them out if you haven’t already. She’s what an artist is. Love her ❤

I saw her supporting Kano in 2016 and seeing her in November at her own show. Cannot wait.

• Heart
I gave Little Simz a listen on Spotify after reading these comments - I love her! Thanks so much for recommending!

Some of my favourites this year have been:
Ok Human - Weezer
Blue Weekend - Wolf Alice
We're All Alone In This Together - Dave
Back In Love City - The Vaccines
Pressure Machine - The Killers
Half Drunk Under a Full Moon - The Fratellis
Daddy's Home - St Vincent
Life Support - Madison Beer
Heaux Tales - Jazmine Sullivan
Jubilee - Japanese Breakfast
Sometimes I Might Be Introvert - Little Simz

And of course, Fearless (Taylor's Version)

Sam Fender’s Seventeen Going Under is a solid new release! Such real and honest songwriting

• Heart