Never Mind the Buzzcocks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first episode of the new series is available to download now on Sky.

I watched the original and I’ve enjoyed the new one too. Anyone else watching?

Reactions: 1
I gave it a watch.

Considering I'm not hugely a fan of Daisy May Cooper, Jamali Maddox, Nish Kumar or Noel Fielding, I actually quite enjoyed it.

Reactions: 4
I didn’t like it. They were all too busy trying to make out like everything was really, really hilarious and it wasn’t. No idea who Anne Marie (?) is but she got on my nerves, and I can’t stand Nish Kumar who just isn’t funny. I liked Jamali though.

It needs someone who isn’t afraid of being really rude about famous people as a host, including the guests, like Simon Amstel was. The only plus point was that they didn’t bring Phil Jupitus back.

Reactions: 10
I know nothing about little mix but I found Jade Thirlwall to be the most funny on the show.

Reactions: 10
I haven't watched the new series yet but I will have a look I used to love it back in the nineties when Mark lamar hosted and phill jupitus and Sean Hughes were team captins.

Reactions: 3
I loved the old buzzcocks. This new one not so much, it felt too try hard, too over scripted and as much as I love Daisy Cooper she was over the top trying to be hilarious. It needed the raw edge of Simon Amstell. I won't be watching again unfortunately.

Reactions: 15
They'd never get away with some of the jokes Mark and Simon used to make now.

The new episode was all right but it'll never be what it was.

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed it. It didn't have me in hysterics but it was good fun. Thought the woman from Little Mix was unexpectedly amusing.

I thought it was ok... the men's team were all amusing, as was Jade from Little Mix, but I didn't warm to Daisy or Anne-Marie at all.

Next episode has Ellie Goulding, Tom Grennan and Yungblud. No idea who they are apart from Ellie Goulding, and I mainly know her for her plasticy face that gets less humanlike each time I see a photo of her.

• Haha
I’ve never found what’s his name funny as a comedian. Greg. As an actor, sure. But not when he’s being himself.

This show needs a Mark or Simon. It just doesn’t work otherwise. It’s not a standard panel show.

Reactions: 1
It wasn't the same for me, did make me go back and watch old buzzcocks episodes though, forgot how good it was!

Had to turn it off! Youngblud is annoying AF!! Never heard of him or seen him before. He needs dragging down a peg or two!!!

• Wow
Had to turn it off! Youngblud is annoying AF!! Never heard of him or seen him before. He needs dragging down a peg or two!!!
Simon Amstell would have made mincemeat of him 😆 In fact Mark Lamarr would have too.

It’s absolutely dire. I don’t know if I’ll be watching any more of them. It’s nowhere near as funny as Daisy May Cooper thinks it is and the fake laughing when someone makes a ‘joke’ is getting on my tits.

Reactions: 14
Simon Amstell would have made mincemeat of him 😆 In fact Mark Lamarr would have too.

It’s absolutely dire. I don’t know if I’ll be watching any more of them. It’s nowhere near as funny as Daisy May Cooper thinks it is and the fake laughing when someone makes a ‘joke’ is getting on my tits.
I think Youngblud would've loved to be ripped one by Simon Amstell or Mark Lamarr, I think he's got a good sense of humour to take it.

I'm kinda obsessed with him in a weird way. I just find something about him I really like.

Daisy May Cooper and her over-exaggerated laugh at the slightest things needs to duck off though.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Youngblud would've loved to be ripped one by Simon Amstell or Mark Lamarr, I think he's got a good sense of humour to take it.

I'm kinda obsessed with him in a weird way. I just find something about him I really like.

Daisy May Cooper and her over-exaggerated laugh at the slightest things needs to duck off though.
It's almost like Daisy is trying to imitate Phil Jupitus? He has a big laugh, but it's way more natural on him.

I've also been watching some the old episodes and the one with Adele was a classic. Simon trying to get her to say she hates Duffy, Mark Ronson having a small nervous breakdown about being a guest captain, Tim Minchin's Kylie impression and Ralf Little going off on one about Kid Rock. Absolute gold.

Same 🙈 he's a lovely person I think, gets on with everyone and can laugh at himself. He has ADHD so is a lot, but great in my opinion. Also beautiful in person!

Like Greg and Noel can do no wrong, but DMC was too over the top for me.

Last edited: