Neighbours #2 that’s when good tattlers become good friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously they should have been told, however they had to get the main four back first. I'm just glad it's back, because enjoy watching it, unlike some others in this thread.

Exactly that

I can't understand why people are moaning about them having a final, etc. The final was left open ended, apart from chloe they all stayed on the street, so it wasn't like it was over, as you said it ended in a way that it could come back.

I just think that some people love to moan and it's not like they have to watch it .
I am really happy about it. It's a bit of good news on a gloomy day weather wise and economically wise! I am just keeping my fingers crossed that quite a few cast members will come back but they have at least got the foundations back to build on. I can see both sides of the whole who knew/ who didn't know argument. I just do have that memory of Crossroads that did come back and by all accounts was dreadful, but that was yrs down the line not months. Neighbours has got form for being cancelled and coming back a few months later and it worked out ok then! I am going to focus on that..

Reactions: 3
I saw this beautiful comment and it really reinforced my love for this show:

“Neighbours was - is - such a survivor of a soap, resilient, refusing to let anyone stop it from writing its story. I don't know how this will end up, but that fight, that dogged insistence on making its own terms, is a reminder of the strength of the soap genre, even as we're nearing the hundred year mark for radio and television soaps.”

Neighbours’ revival shows that there’s still lots of room for the soaps in today’s TV climate. Maybe with Amazon commissioning Neighbours and if it’s format remains the same and proves to be a resounding success, we could see other streaming platforms such as Netflix launch their own soap operas.

I didn’t realise how many countries the show will air in, once it returns. UK, Australia, USA, New Zealand and Canada. It has potential to reach a far greater audience than it did on Channel 5, as long as people join and support Amazon Freevee.

I am really happy about it. It's a bit of good news on a gloomy day weather wise and economically wise! I am just keeping my fingers crossed that quite a few cast members will come back but they have at least got the foundations back to build on. I can see both sides of the whole who knew/ who didn't know argument. I just do have that memory of Crossroads that did come back and by all accounts was dreadful, but that was yrs down the line not months. Neighbours has got form for being cancelled and coming back a few months later and it worked out ok then! I am going to focus on that..
The Crossroads revival was awful apparently (ironically, Crossroads was created by Reg Watson, the same person who created Neighbours), however what’s already brilliant about Neighbours being revived is that we’ve got the same producer whose utterly brilliant, and the awesome foursome back (Paul, Karl, Susan and Toadie).

Another good thing about the revival is that the show hasn’t been rested for too long, meaning it will still feel very familiar once it returns. I think if they held off on announcing the show‘s return, until next year or 2024 then it wouldn’t have generated as much publicity as it has already.

Reactions: 5
I’m so happy 😁 I think it’s a positive sign that they’ve kept the sets and that the same producer, Jason Herbisson is coming back. So hopefully it’ll have the same feel. Though it’s a shame they didn’t tell the old cast, it was a complete surprise and didn’t leak, so probably a good idea to keep it a closely guarded secret.

im also really glad it’s free to stream. I just hope they don’t decide to put it on prime after a year or drop it quickly

Reactions: 5
The only thing that makes me nervous is they’ll do one series and then drop it and when it ends a second time it won’t have the same outpouring of affection or finish as well as it did a few months ago. I’m definitely going to watch though to see what it’s like

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think this is the third or fourth time it's been cancelled. It's great news and cheered me up today.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m so happy 😁 I think it’s a positive sign that they’ve kept the sets and that the same producer, Jason Herbisson is coming back. So hopefully it’ll have the same feel. Though it’s a shame they didn’t tell the old cast, it was a complete surprise and didn’t leak, so probably a good idea to keep it a closely guarded secret.

im also really glad it’s free to stream. I just hope they don’t decide to put it on prime after a year or drop it quickly
I hope there is an option to watch it on Prime as well though, considering Prime is a much bigger and more notable platform than Freevee so if Neighbours was on there as well, it may reach a wider audience, and plus, it’s always nice to have the option to watch something ad-free.

I hope the first episode of the new series either starts with someone on a bike, cycling around the street, similar to the very first episode with Danny Ramsay or they play Suddenly by Angry Anderson.

Reactions: 4

Anything other than the same format would suck. People want it five days a week all year round. If it comes back with less weekly episodes or a off season I don't think it would be for me.

I think this is the third or fourth time it's been cancelled. It's great news and cheered me up today.
I've had the shittiest couple of days (amongst an ongoing sea of tit to be honest) and it has really cheered me up. Watching Neighbours was like a great big comfort blanket to me and I can't wait wrap myself up in it again. I'll happily take the fact that perhaps I'm a bit weird on the chin 😆.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Anything other than the same format would suck. People want it five days a week all year round. If it comes back with less weekly episodes or a off season I don't think it would be for me.
The Sun really are scum. They were the ones who first leaked Neighbours’ axing, so cast and crew found out they were soon going to be jobless, via the press and now they’re determined to cast shade over this brilliant news for us fans. There’s nothing in this article that suggests Freevee won’t be regularly broadcasting episodes of Neighbours, so this is blatant clickbait. It’s just a TV insider predicting Neighbours won’t return in its original format despite having no knowledge of ongoing negotiations between Fremantle, Freevee and Network 10.

I think we have to bare in mind we’re in a unique situation here. A soap opera has never been established on a streaming platform before, so there’s no handbook or guidance for Amazon Freevee execs to follow, when it comes to reestablishing Neighbours, so Neighbours could adopt any format when it returns really. I just hope they soon clarify if it’s coming back for a mini-series or episodes will be streamed on a regular basis.

The Sun really are scum. They were the ones who first leaked Neighbours’ axing, so cast and crew found out they were soon going to be jobless, via the press and now they’re determined to cast shade over this brilliant news for us fans. There’s nothing in this article that suggests Freevee won’t be regularly broadcasting episodes of Neighbours, so this is blatant clickbait. It’s just a TV insider predicting Neighbours won’t return in its original format despite having no knowledge of ongoing negotiations between Fremantle, Freevee and Network 10.

I think we have to bare in mind we’re in a unique situation here. A soap opera has never been established on a streaming platform before, so there’s no handbook or guidance for Amazon Freevee execs to follow, when it comes to reestablishing Neighbours, so Neighbours could adopt any format when it returns really. I just hope they soon clarify if it’s coming back for a mini-series or episodes will be streamed on a regular basis.
Not 100% true as All My Children & One Life To Live( American Soaps) were in a similar situation to this, was longer after the original axe though

• Wow
Can someone clever create a new thread please? I think it's nice to have this space to discuss what is shaping up to be an interesting time in Neighbours history...I for one don't know anyone else who watches it so it saves me boring others quite so much with it all!

I can start another one, it seems odd starting a new thread. Does anyone have a thread suggestion?

Reactions: 2
Who is going to watch it on there though? Genuinely I think it’s time to let it lie now. As much as I loved it the finale gave proper closure and bringing it back with taint that.
I totally agree. It feels like it coming back now does ruin the perfect way the show wrapped up. Obviously Guy won’t come back full time, so will Jane and Mike have spilt up? Seems a bit of a shame to back track on everything from the finals few episodes.

I totally agree. It feels like it coming back now does ruin the perfect way the show wrapped up. Obviously Guy won’t come back full time, so will Jane and Mike have spilt up? Seems a bit of a shame to back track on everything from the finals few episodes.
This is going to sound horrible to Annie, but I would rather she not come back and they have Mike and Jane deciding to happily go teach somewhere else. It's just that I like the idea of them both staying together. I am so hoping Rebekah and Lucinda come back with Stefan and Ryan coming back. I had a bit of a look at Lucinda's twitter and she is retweeting stuff about the return so will have to see.

Thread title suggestion - Neighbours #3 - Our Neighbours have come home!
Love that title simple but nice!

I can start another one, it seems odd starting a new thread. Does anyone have a thread suggestion?
Thanks, I know it seems weird starting a new one but needs must!

This is going to sound horrible to Annie, but I would rather she not come back and they have Mike and Jane deciding to happily go teach somewhere else. It's just that I like the idea of them both staying together. I am so hoping Rebekah and Lucinda come back with Stefan and Ryan coming back. I had a bit of a look at Lucinda's twitter and she is retweeting stuff about the return so will have to see.

Love that title simple but nice!

Thanks, I know it seems weird starting a new one but needs must!
We’re in page 52 anyway so we need a new thread now 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.