Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I live Naga! Stupid men seem to have a problem with her daring to have legs and showing them on TV.
I’ve been listening to her radio 5 live show, she’s very calming

• Heart
Reactions: 19

rememberwayne

VIP Member
She danced with him when she was celebrating her 21st birthday in a night club; apparently he sent his minders over to her to say he wanted to speak to her; don't think she necessarily slept with him though.

I like Naga, and agree with you about people not getting her sense of humour. My dad used to live her, he thought she she was beautiful.
There was a topic about bats a few weeks ago, and when Naga had to switch to Carol doing the news, she hinted on kind of ''from one bat to another'', and Carol was laughing her head off, it was a great joke and absolutely no malice given or taken. But there was hell on online, her sense of humour is dry as sticks and people need their comedy explained step by step these days.

Reactions: 18

PeteM

VIP Member
It's beyond pathetic when it's clearly upon orders from Johnson. Complete and utter bullshit, considering how much of this country's infrastructure has been flogged to other countries by the Tories - not exactly patriotic, is it?

The Union Jack is being used by the government as a political prop for all it's worth - it is nothing but nationalism which I detest in any form.

As for "great country" - my arse. It's like Miss Heads Will Roll hasn't observed what's been going in the UK particularly since 2016.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PeteM

VIP Member
It takes a special kind of prick to have a huge Union Jack flag in their office or home.

And it's pricks like Jenrick who are trashing the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Jusa

VIP Member
She danced with him when she was celebrating her 21st birthday in a night club; apparently he sent his minders over to her to say he wanted to speak to her; don't think she necessarily slept with him though.

I like Naga, and agree with you about people not getting her sense of humour. My dad used to live her, he thought she she was beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

If i told you …

VIP Member
The cat is well and truly out of the bag with these two. Yesterday’s debacle showed that the pair believe that they are rude, untouchable and entitled! I’m so fed up with our great country being trashed. Heads should roll. I feel that strongly about this I have made a complaint to ofcom and the bbc

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

rememberwayne

VIP Member
Any tea on Naga?

I think she gets loads of unwarranted stick. She has a very dry sense of humour that people perceive as arrogant or cold, I honestly think she is great most of the part at least.

I did see someone online mention gossip of her sleeping with Prince years ago, not sure how true that is mind :unsure: .

Reactions: 13

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
Charlie wasn’t mocking the flag- he was mocking the SIZE of the flag. And it’s gotten lost in the hysteria that Charlie was the one who made the comment, not Naga. What is it about the intelligent non white woman that causes so much anger 🤔

I despair.

Reactions: 12

Smudger

The cat is well and truly out of the bag with these two. Yesterday’s debacle showed that the pair believe that they are rude, untouchable and entitled! I’m so fed up with our great country being trashed. Heads should roll. I feel that strongly about this I have made a complaint to ofcom and the bbc
Have you tried chilling the fuck out?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Sjc_80

I really like her too. I'm so pleased to see positive comments on here. I had a feeling I would click on here and it would be all negative we hate Nagga chat.

She's so funny but I'm not convinced that Charlie is a fan!

She has mentioned dancing with Prince on the show a few times. I always thought it was at a concert for some reason though.

Reactions: 9

princesssparklepants

I live Naga! Stupid men seem to have a problem with her daring to have legs and showing them on TV.
I’ve been listening to her radio 5 live show, she’s very calming
Whereas Suzanne Reid wearing a green dress that shows her cleavage is an actual article in the Daily Mail.

I wonder what the difference is.... (!)

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
I like Naga too. She‘s a great presenter and seems very intelligent. I’d love to know her stance on the Feminism / Trans / JKRowling debate.

Ennui

VIP Member
Im a patriot. I think despite its faults the UK is still a pretty decent place to live. If someone sniggers at the Union Jack it doesn't bother me. What really bothers me is people like Jenrick cheating the public purse out of millions of pounds to benefit their rich mates. Flags don't atone for that.

I really don't know why we put up with it.

PeteM

VIP Member
She struggled to stifle a laugh at her co-presenter jokily commenting on the size of the large Union Jack in Jenrick's office, stating that it wasn't big enough. It was a completely absurd sight. The Tories are ever so consistent in their faux patriotism.

Reactions: 8

Chateau Marmont

Actually, to be honest I don't understand why it's so horrendous for someone to display a British/English flag in their home? Were it someone broadcasting from any other country I doubt it would even be noticed if they had their nation's flag displayed.

I'm not overly patriotic but I do continue to be confounded by this idea that we're supposed to be utterly ashamed of our flag and should want nothing to do with it on a personal level. I assume this embarrassment is connected to the fact that the National Front and other racists hijacked the flag years ago but, again, other countries will have a problem with this too yet do people expect each other to loudly disown their flag?

Like I said, not actually bothered as such I just find it psychologically interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Merpedy

VIP Member
It is at the stage where there must be an issue deeper than her dry sense of humour gets so much hate.
Reckon modern day expectations of women probably have something to do with it - women aren't expected to be honest and a bit snarky

She seems perfectly fine to me personally, it's funny that it seems mostly men and older people get offended by her existing, even when it's not her who instigates an exchange between people

Reactions: 7

JudithKuntz

It's beyond pathetic when it's clearly upon orders from Johnson. Complete and utter bullshit, considering how much of this country's infrastructure has been flogged to other countries by the Tories - not exactly patriotic, is it?

The Union Jack is being used by the government as a political prop for all it's worth - it is nothing but nationalism which I detest in any form.

As for "great country" - my arse. It's like Miss Heads Will Roll hasn't observed what's been going in the UK particularly since 2016.
What a load of pompous, ill-informed twaddle.

It’s a great shame that so few people understand the difference between patriotism and nationalism. Dictionaries are freely available to everyone so I am not sure why so few use them.

Naga Munchutty is supposed to remain impartial. She didn’t & it’s entirely right she be called up on that. If she doesn’t want to do the job she’s being paid for she should get another one.

• Haha

rememberwayne

VIP Member
I really like her too. I'm so pleased to see positive comments on here. I had a feeling I would click on here and it would be all negative we hate Nagga chat.

She's so funny but I'm not convinced that Charlie is a fan!

She has mentioned dancing with Prince on the show a few times. I always thought it was at a concert for some reason though.
I am on a few groups on facebook of breakfast presenters, everyone gets idolised, but as soon as someone mentions Naga, there is so much hatred.

• Wow
  • Sad

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Her humour is dry, and I like her.....but I do wonder if she can be a bit too sharp at times....

I think it comes across as if there is a lot of tension at times between her and Charlie, on breakfast, He comes across as an old fashioned gentleman...but I think she tends to needle him and tease him a bit too much!
I agree with you. This is what I've thought. I've always like Naga and have always got that her comments have been jokes, but I don't think it always translates well on TV. There have been a few awkward moments with Charlie, IMO.

But I do think David Attenborough was unfairly rude to her during an interview once.

Reactions: 6