Nadia Sawalha - Four different dinners and MARK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are a lot of things I like about Nadia, and I especially enjoyed her walks to work with Kaye probably out of misty-eyed nostalgia because I used to have a similar walk, but it seems Mark wanted in on this action and they have now dumped Kaye and taken over as a family channel. Their subs seem to be a load of shut-ins who think Mark is hilariously funny, but anyone find him really bleeping annoying? The schoolboy innuendoes and completely helpless kitten act in the kitchen/garden/household grates on me.

Can't comment on their film reviews as I don't watch them enough, but they are probably pretty good as far as I can tell.

Why does Nadia cook different dinners for everyone? o_O

I am finding I am hate watching on a daily basis (because they can't stay off the internet and near enough upload that often) so I needed to get it out here to see if others are suffering like me. :rolleyes:?

Reactions: 12
I dislike what she said about home educating and how she'll let her daughters do a couple of GCSEs but they're never going to be doctors?!

• Wow
  • Sad
No way! I missed that. No surprise. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I remember that lol- the only positive is that the girls won't feel much pressure from their parents with their academic work but it's still a bit of a reckless saying thing to say. Then again, maybe it's easy to say that if you're in showbiz with money and contacts to call back on. They're a credit to Maddie and Kiki though, they seem like level-headed, good-hearted young girls.

I go through phases of liking Nadia and finding her really annoying and attention-seeking (this includes Mark too?). I'm sure she's a kind, lovely person but I can't help thinking there's something spiteful about her, it's just a hunch I have. I've often wondered what went down between her and her sister Julia, they appear to be totally estranged now. As an older sibling, I've been guilty of picking on my younger sister too but I wouldn't be surprised if Nadia became really jealous of Julia's tv acting career. Nadia also strikes me as being quite domineering / doesn't pull any punches and probably said some very hurtful things to her just to be malicious. Maybe I've got all this completely wrong.

Reactions: 14
I didn't know she didn't speak to Julia. I thought they were really close.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I didn't know she didn't speak to Julia. I thought they were really close.
I don't know if they keep their relationship private, I just remember reading about their feuds in the past where they spent a long time not talking to each other for whatever reason. Nadia often talks about her older sister Dina, you can tell they're really close - it must also help living next door to each other lol

Reactions: 3
I love that they are so normal and messy. But they have in the past asked for responses and then they ignore them which is crap. Why ask if you aren’t going to engage? The homeschooling is ok by me, the kids are receiving an education, they can afford tutors. I’m sure their kids will do ok.

Reactions: 5
I love that they are so normal and messy. But they have in the past asked for responses and then they ignore them which is crap. Why ask if you aren’t going to engage? The homeschooling is ok by me, the kids are receiving an education, they can afford tutors. I’m sure their kids will do ok.
I don't have an issue with the homeschooling it was just more the way she explained it as 'my kids are never going to be doctors, they don't need all of those GCSEs'. Fair enough that might not interest them now but you never know in the future, plus its almost like saying 'they're not that smart'?. Plus she said about oh I know people who got into university just based on their interviews...which sometimes happens but you usually have to meet some guidelines of UCAS points and such.

I don't have an issue with the homeschooling it was just more the way she explained it as 'my kids are never going to be doctors, they don't need all of those GCSEs'. Fair enough that might not interest them now but you never know in the future, plus its almost like saying 'they're not that smart'?. Plus she said about oh I know people who got into university just based on their interviews...which sometimes happens but you usually have to meet some guidelines of UCAS points and such.
I guess her kids are older (the older ones chosen a career in acting I believe) so they will have a pathway? Often acting courses are audition based. I’m not saying GCSE’s aren’t important but they do seem supportive parents.

I guess her kids are older (the older ones chosen a career in acting I believe) so they will have a pathway? Often acting courses are audition based. I’m not saying GCSE’s aren’t important but they do seem supportive parents.
Yeah thats fair enough if she wants to be an actor - I guess she's lucky in that she has connections through her parents as well.

Reactions: 2
Yeah thats fair enough if she wants to be an actor - I guess she's lucky in that she has connections through her parents as well.
I have followed them less than I used to (I liked Kaye and Nadia!) but I’m pretty sure there was a post about how proud they were and I’m sure it was acting related, so it made sense. They are well connected.
I tried homeschooling and it was so hard without money for tutors and well money frankly ?

Reactions: 4
Nadia has had feuds with both her sisters. She didn't speak to Dina for years, apparently. And she's been very open about dumping Kaye for years at a time. She comes across as a complete control freak and if it doesn't go her way she gets louder and/or dumps people.

I don't find the homeschooling to be all that odd, but I do question about how broad their education really is. Actors really struggle no matter what the connections are. Nadia herself doesn't come across as all that educated either which is fine, but don't boast about being so smart about food and then not even being able to know it's an EDAMAME bean. The cooking of several different dinners for everyone just screams SPOILED. Sit down and eat the fecking dinner. You don't live in a diner!

Reactions: 10
^ I thought it was very gracious of Kaye after Nadia suddenly cut her out of her life for so long. I know she said Nadia was having her own issues at the time but it must've hurt a lot on Kaye's side. She's a better person than me?Sorry for the OT but I sometimes get the feeling Kaye has to act in a certain way around Nadia and that she's not really being herself, idk.

Re cooking different dinners, if she's happy to do this then fair play to her? I do agree it's spoiled, though.

Reactions: 11
^ I thought it was very gracious of Kaye after Nadia suddenly cut her out of her life for so long. I know she said Nadia was having her own issues at the time but it must've hurt a lot on Kaye's side. She's a better person than me?Sorry for the OT but I sometimes get the feeling Kaye has to act in a certain way around Nadia and that she's not really being herself, idk.

Re cooking different dinners, if she's happy to do this then fair play to her? I do agree it's spoiled, though.
I had no idea there was a history, I did think Nadia quite rude regarding Kaye’s cooking and it very odd to make a vegetarian cook meat. If you are going to encourage cooking, the cook food she will eat and enjoy, she only has a small family and doesn’t need to make large quantities of food she can’t eat.
Nadia seems a bit of an exhausting user. Hard work and demanding but fun when she’s on form.

Reactions: 7
I follow her too, used to LOVE her and kaye together. The walks were hilarious, then the lead up to the cookery book. Think kaye then lost mum and things changed but still great friends. I actually agree, I go on and off them LOVE their family unit, they did a holiday blog with marks mum and the relationship between them all was incredible. I enjoy their couple /relationship vlogs, but do find nadia interrupts Mark a lot. He's hyper at times but very interesting to listen to when not and his voice is (to me) like melted chocolate when he's in that mode. I love their honesty. Don't watch their film reviews apart from recent Michael Jackson ones. Someone mentioned marks lost kitten act, it's understandable knowing his background but to be fair nadia shows that side frequently too. I truly think they are a fantastic couple with a loving, secure family life. I love the girls, they are bright, fun and articulate however when the house is mental and they are screaming and running around, nope! I've got enough of my own bloody noise thankyou. ?

Reactions: 9
I follow her too, used to LOVE her and kaye together. The walks were hilarious, then the lead up to the cookery book. Think kaye then lost mum and things changed but still great friends. I actually agree, I go on and off them LOVE their family unit, they did a holiday blog with marks mum and the relationship between them all was incredible. I enjoy their couple /relationship vlogs, but do find nadia interrupts Mark a lot. He's hyper at times but very interesting to listen to when not and his voice is (to me) like melted chocolate when he's in that mode. I love their honesty. Don't watch their film reviews apart from recent Michael Jackson ones. Someone mentioned marks lost kitten act, it's understandable knowing his background but to be fair nadia shows that side frequently too. I truly think they are a fantastic couple with a loving, secure family life. I love the girls, they are bright, fun and articulate however when the house is mental and they are screaming and running around, nope! I've got enough of my own bloody noise thankyou. ?
Love this sum up of them! They are beautifully chaotic and a lovely warm family!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I didn't start this thread to rave about them since this is TATTLE, but I do agree with all of the above. All the holiday vlogs with nanny Di have been great fun, but since they have gone full on vlogging every day I have lost interest and seen too many annoying parts of them. The Nadia and Kaye act had much more content to offer over screaming competitions with barking dogs. There's only so much of that anyone can take. I guess I am disappointed in Mark because since going daily he's really dumbed down the content. I used to like him, but now can't stand it when he's playing all these helpless characters. They should stick to podcasts and have random vlogs with some actual content rather than pissing around throwing food in the kitchen or going for another walk in Crystal Palace. YAWN.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agree totally with Nadia being controlling .. she’s one of those people who “shouts the loudest” to get their opinions heard (and convince anyone that she’s debating with that it’s her way, or the highway). I’ve noticed this moreso during the recent Michael Jackson scandal. She’s definitely someone I’d chose not be friends with (I get a massive backstabbing vibe from her).

As much as I applaud Mark on his years of being sober, it irks me his need to bring it up in every single conversation/vlog. I’ve been around alcoholics/recovering alcoholics all my life .. yet, watching and listening to him for 5 minutes, drains me more than actually having lived it for the last 30 years ?.

I bloody love Nannie Di though, she can certainly tell a tale or 2 ??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.