Nadia Sawalha #37 If you cannot take the thumbs down, get out of the kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Little Miss Hungover isn't on the live... Silly me, I guess she's out running her couch to 5k after her little tablespoon of gin 😂
I get the impression she's getting bored of YT. She does none of the actual vlogging, leaving it to Mark to gurn into the camera. She seems more interested in instagram where she can interact with the people on lives that she actually knows as opposed to the likes of Ashley.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I get the impression she's getting bored of YT. She does none of the actual vlogging, leaving it to Mark to gurn into the camera. She seems more interested in instagram where she can interact with the people on lives that she actually knows as opposed to the likes of Ashley.
Yes there are two classes of followers her friends and favourites she interacts with and the poor subs begging for attention who get ignored , it’s disgusting. I noticed the day before Father’s Day she said we will read out SOME of your dedications … get out clause just read ones I want to 😡 They really do take the Mick out of their subs 😔

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
The way they talk about alcohol is another thing that doesn’t add up for me 🤔

If he had really suffered the horrors of alcoholism, would he be so flippant about it??

I’ve got quite a bit of experience with alcoholism and nothing they say ever chimes true. But I know it’s different for everyone so 🤷‍♀️

Just one example but the way they absolutely loved that film ‘A Star is Born’ when most people with any experience of alcoholism slated it for being so unrealistic, seemed weird to me.

I do think he’s sober because I think Nadia would have got bored of keeping up the lie, about 16 years ago!

But I do wonder if it’s another self-diagnosis thing. Like he was a heavy drinker, got done for drunk driving and then decided he was an alcoholic to explain that and years of awful behaviour.
It's a tricky one really. What you say makes sense. Heavy drinkers.. AA say it is a progressive disease as in dis-ease.

If he went to The Priory or similar, he would have had an Addicion form to fill out. It really is a case of 'If you tick more that 5 of these boxes etc..you have a problem with 'said' substance.'

So he then goes into a programme of recovery, therapy, 12 step meetings and discovers that he is either a full blown alcoholic, who is basically someone who cannot cope for more than 24 hours (or less) without alcohol in their system, or a binge drinker, or someone who controls their drink, any of those are classed as alcoholism.

After many years battling with food the Steps work for me, however, I do think, the 'one hat fits all approach' when it comes to alcoholism is quite harsh; as there are times in people's lives where they use alcohol as a crutch to get through a crisis (which I do not condone) but then, they can go back to normal 1-2 drinks a week drinking.

Having said that re: AA's approach which is also included in all The 12 Steps:
Admit to myself I am powerless over alcohol and my life has become unmanageable.

If we look at Nitty, her 'fun, giggly, need a break, drinking' has progressed into heavy drinking disguised as 'I deserve it after the day I've had, I can't lift myself up without a substance' which could progress further into her life being unmanageable. Which would mean losing work, losing friends, getting into debt, fighting with loved ones, depression, isolation, more drink, and one becomes a 'functioning alcoholic,' which is about where I would put her at the moment. I feel she has replaced alcohol in place of food. Yes she will still be food binging but she is heavily controlling it seems to me, or, the food is not enough to suppress the painful emotions anymore..

Her life is still on track, she is drinking, but controlling it. So in her eyes she doesn't have a problem, from Mank's point of view, she does.

You see there are so many grey areas with this addiction, it can be very complex, but whatever, they both very much need outside, separate therapy to untangle what is becoming a total mess.

With Manks, he has a very warped sense of humour and I feel because he is surrounded by alcohol and his wife drinks, heavily, what choice does he have other than to pratt about, play the clown and pretend it doesn't effect him, when possibly deep down, the Dry Drunk is fighting a losing battle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
:coffee: Coffee Moaning and it is Wednesday and I keep think it is a day later. 🤪 It has been suddenly cooler here, not bad, but usually it is hazy, hot and humid. Oh well, save money on the hydro without having the AC on. Okay the title today is "What is Delta Plus? Facemasks to go. Channel 4 for sale."

No Nads so it is the Mark "I'm so full of it" Adderley Show. 😒 He has to sort out the screen. Roll call. He asks if we enjoyed their 6 o'clock whine. Didn't see it, can't comment. Mark mentions Nadia being extremely passionate on the live last night. The chatters are asking how Mark is, he says okay. He is at the 3rd week of the meds, doubled dosage. "The jury is out on whether the drugs or working or in just one of those 'normalish' periods." (How many times do I have to say this 4-6 weeks for them to take their full effect. Jesus tapdancing Christ. 😩) He says if he is honest he feels a bit more manic. Talking abou this Fitbit. Talks about Michelle being a dear, dear friend and showing kindness, etc. Mark said he thought last night was good, so he had all the other things in the day, you know, not much. :p Some other Michelle mentions the same happened with her on the meds and tells him to keep with it. He mentions it takes up to 6 weeks for their full effect. Duh. "Then of course, what is the full effect? Is the full effect going to happen on day 1 of week 7, where you go woof, Jesus Christ like someone slapped you with a kipper." Fifteen mins in and I want to slap him upside the head.

Someone asks if he meditates. He says no, but Nads keeps telling him to. (Most therapists suggest that these days.) "I still struggle with this idea is it time well spent." The flames on the side of my face 😤 More roll call. Mark was listening to LBC, subject Delta Plus variant. It is a more transmissible variant, about to become a variant of concern. Mark talks about letting UEFA people in, loosening the travel restrictions. Mark says we can't keep living like this forever, but we have to adjust when the variants come up. Dragon Rose gets hugs for her anxiety. Gabrielle says it may be more transmissable, but not that strong. Talk about the efficacy of the flu jab and people dying of the flu. (Do the people who die from flu have a flu jab? Doubt it.) Do you want face masks to say or go? Seems to be 50/50. Another question: Do you think masks have helped? Before he takes a swig of his coffee, he tells us it is decaf. (Of course the masks have helped. You are eliminating germs getting into your orifices and getting out. What a stupid question. :rolleyes:) Mark:"It does taste identical." Regarding the masks, get this, Mark isn't entirely convinced, YET he will continue to do it. (He is really working my last nerve today.)

Another question: Do you think when all the chips are on the table, do you think you will carry on? Gabrielle says she will with her double jab in confined spaces and on trains. Fiona says she hasn't had a cold due to them. (It's the masks and the handwashing, people are such filthy buggers.) "It make you realize how germ-ridden we are." Talks about other people's globules. :sick: Mark says it has been nice not to have a cold, but mentions Nadia saying "we need to lick the earth." :oops: Rees talks about a sneeze in a mask, prevents it spreading. (I sneezed in my mask last night, it was kinda gross.) Someone asks Mark if he watched the football and yes he did, as a form of mindfulness. :unsure: "It was alright, England won."

Channel 4 could be up for sale, what do you think of that? Favourite shows. People say Gogglebox, Countdown, The Big Breakfast. (I remember when Channel 4 was new, it was the edgier channel on the block with The Tube, reruns of The Avengers, Laugh-In, foreign films.) He goes back to runny noses and coughs. 😑 Now we are back to football and why Mark went off it; it was the emptiness at the end of the match. Or was it because your team were losers? 🤭 Profound emptiness of "what was that? Even when Tottenham won... Didn't make you think like a film does, didn't make you think like a TV show does and now I find myself watching less and less." (OMG, what a wet blanket he is. There is such a thing as over analyzing and be too serious. Sometimes you need to switch off. I will say it again, he is such a pill.) "Okay, I can tell you want to talk about Channel 4."

Some have said Brookside. Mark says he forgot it was a Channel 4 show. Mark asks what is going to happen to it. Probably American interests will turn it to tit. Mark asks about the show No. 73. That was an ITV show Mark. :rolleyes: "My computer has gone a bit funny, stop it, stop it... Are we still there?... Jesus YouTube." The comments have disappeared, off to 4G. Someone says Dogging Tales was on Channel 4 last night. "That's nice, that would have been a sentimental warm watch." :sick: Someone mentions Utopia and Humans, Channel 4 News. Big Brother. Desmond's says Tim. Mark loved that because it reminds him of his days hanging out at West Indian barbers, of course. Four in a Bed, Come Dine with Me, Father Ted, Escape to the Chateau, Fifteen to One, Shameless, Skins, This Is England, Grand Designs. Claire mentions Naked Attraction. Mark says the likes of Naked Attraction and Embarassing Illness have dragged Channel 4 down to being a joke. (Salacious and cheap production, no different to most channels these days.) Deutchland 83, Coach Trip, The Green Wing, Paul O'Grady, Brass Eye, Blackbooks. Eurotrash-where Mark admits as a teen that is where you see a bit of naughtiness. 😒 The Word-"That was like going down the pub and someone in the pub had a broadcast camera and just started pointing at things." So is it a good or bad thing it is being sold? Bad. Mark informs us that when they make money it goes back into production and they have just made production commitments to regional productions and if it goes private it will have commercial interests. Mark remembers Bake Off is on Channel 4.

Not a lot of news today. Talk about ministers sending out contradicting messages. Someone mentions the film The Father, look forward to his review soon. :cautious: WELL GUYS I GOTT GO, ITS A SHORTER THAN USUAL ONE TODAY, HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY, THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING LANDING LATER TODAY. IF YOU MISSED LAST NIGHT'S TETE A TETE BTW ME AND NADS SEE THAT, GFH, LOTS OF VLOGS LANDING TO CATCH UP TO HAVE A PRESENT DAY FLOG. HIT THE THUMBS UP AND SEE YOU LATER! Bye! 😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder whether nitty got so drunk yesterday and has a hangover today as she wasn't on CM, she hasn't been on IG and she isn't on Loose women 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Just turned on Loose women and she is on that so I will turn tv off now as I hate it when she's on it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I get the impression she's getting bored of YT. She does none of the actual vlogging, leaving it to Mark to gurn into the camera. She seems more interested in instagram where she can interact with the people on lives that she actually knows as opposed to the likes
Just turned on Loose women and she is on that so I will turn tv off now as I hate it when she's on it
Same here,she irritates the pants off me,that bloody cackle of hers and always trying to steal the limelight 😡

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you think he will stick around when she is in her 60s ?
The way he fancies himself I think he will be out chasing pyt’s and trying to impress them with his selfie stick skull rings and directors hat 🤦🏻‍♀️
I think she knows that’s inevitable
He will get a second wind in life and won’t want to be followed around by no pensioner
Probably make a complete part of himself in the process
I’ve seen men like him ones who refuse to grow up doing that time and time again and the older wife is left after investing so many years

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She mentioned on LW that she is going to a Premiere next week 😳 That can’t be to do with M’s short film surely 😫

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She mentioned on LW that she is going to a Premiere next week 😳 That can’t be to do with M’s short film surely 😫
Speaking of premieres, here at around 4.30 she finds out she didn’t get invited to the party (cue the embarrassment and cackling geezer- bird laughter). She justifies it with ‘to be fair, they don’t always have parties’. Ha ha! Course not!

.....to be fair Nits, there were several after parties - Quaglinos and Little House Restaurant.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Re Manks drinking check out the Fathers Day special “A.Father &Daughter laugh at some funny s**t. at 14.17 Mark is swigging
from a water bottle and Moody says careful, careful stop! why would she say stop if it’s only water? I may be wrong but he
looked a bit out of it to me. i haven’t posted on here for awhile due to carpel tunnel in both hands so f****ng painful but thanks for the brilliant post tattlers you always say what I would have said oops! here comes the pain again✋
can others listen to the above and see if they can decide what Maddie is saying to him just before Careful! stop!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.