Nadia Sawalha #37 If you cannot take the thumbs down, get out of the kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm convinced this pair of muppets are taking the piss out of all the subs who watch them day in and day out. Why else would nitty say things like this when she knows full well that maddie gives the middle finger in every picture of herself and I wouldn't be surprised if they are not rolling about laughing after every live, and every vlog with the things they have said and the fact that all the subs are taken in with their lies and stupidity then planning the next load of rubbish they can spout. Everything about nadia sawalha off the telly is fake and they will go too far one of these days with their pretence and slip up badly and even the dumbest subs will see them for what they really are, a vile pair of con merchants.
I think the couple is approaching their channel in two very different ways. I think Manky is putting out at least some content with the expectation or intent of encouraging hate watching, and he also uses the vlogs to passive aggressively vent his issues with his wife and mother. Nittya, meanwhile, just assumes whatever she is putting out will generate affection and money from fans and may the trolls be damned.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I did google it but still don't understand what it is to be honest
Dry drunk is an AA term used to describe people who are sober/abstinent, but they still exhibit the behaviours that an alcoholic has. (If you watched RHONY and Luanne in her first year of sobriety she was a miserable, insufferable egotist.) So you give up the alcohol, but you still have moodiness, anger, you are resentful against others being allowed to drink and anxiety. Like the examples @Mental Hoax put up, a person can still be dishonest, have trouble sleeping, annoyed with treatment by having to do it or feeling it is taking too long. They may turn to another addiction to replace the drinking with gambling, shopping, etc. An addict will stop the drinking, but knocking the drinking on the head doesn't make the other nasty behaviours disappear.

In AA they would say a dry drunk isn't working the programme. I am repeating myself here, but it is obvious to me whenever Nads (she has her own issues, but put that to the side for now) makes perfectly sensible suggestions to him like get more sleep, get off the computer, stop drinking the coffee and get more water, cut the fast food, get some exercise and he automatically pooh poohs it. He just reminds me of an obstinate child. Suggest therapy and meds and he is all full of excuses. I forget who it was who suggested Mark was a dry drunk, but if the cap fits.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Mark describes the drinking situation between them...

Sobriety over here (meaning Mark)

Batshit crazy alcoholism over there (meaning nadia)..

Nadia replies "Do you know how much gin I've got in there? It's not even a tablespoon!"

It's OBVIOUS Nadia has got more than a tablespoon of gin, look at her glacé eyes for one... She's an absolute liar and protesting way too much!

As for Mark he HAS to keep saying he's sober! Again, me thinks he protesteth too much!

Alcohol is a MASSIVE problem for the Sawalha-Adderleys in my opinion 😉

If your wife only drank a little bit why would you describe her drinking as Batshit Crazy Alcoholism? 🤔

See 30 seconds in...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I don't believe Xander's accent was even real. Mark said Xander lived north of the Southbank.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Nadia replies "Do you know how much gin I've got in there? It's not even a tablespoon!"

It's OBVIOUS Nadia has got more than a tablespoon of gin, look at her glacé eyes for one... She's an absolute liar and protesting way too much!

As for Mark he HAS to keep saying he's sober! Again, me thinks he protesteth too much!

If your wife only drank a little bit why would you describe her drinking as Batshit Crazy Alcoholism? 🤔

See 30 seconds in...

A table spoon of gin !!!!
We all know how she measures her oil for her cooking 🥘
1 tablespoon = half a gallon 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 31

See 30 seconds in...

The way they talk about alcohol is another thing that doesn’t add up for me 🤔

If he had really suffered the horrors of alcoholism, would he be so flippant about it??

I’ve got quite a bit of experience with alcoholism and nothing they say ever chimes true. But I know it’s different for everyone so 🤷‍♀️

Just one example but the way they absolutely loved that film ‘A Star is Born’ when most people with any experience of alcoholism slated it for being so unrealistic, seemed weird to me.

I do think he’s sober because I think Nadia would have got bored of keeping up the lie, about 16 years ago!

But I do wonder if it’s another self-diagnosis thing. Like he was a heavy drinker, got done for drunk driving and then decided he was an alcoholic to explain that and years of awful behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Talking of catfishes... We've always questioned Holly the immunologist and wondered if she was real... Now we know Xander was Darren from Cleethorpes... I wonder who else is fake??? 🤔 😂

I've often thought AG was McDonalds Farmer...

Human nature fascinates me!

I'm reading about Forensic Linguistics, it's fascinating... Solving crimes by any written evidence... People often trip up by what they say but also by what and how they write... I'll try and use what I learn on the Sawalha-Adderleys 😂
@notSUBmissive, it sounds fascinating.
I too am really interested in this kind of thing.🤓
Any recommended reading material please?📚🤓

Oooo, @
Talking of catfishes... We've always questioned Holly the immunologist and wondered if she was real... Now we know Xander was Darren from Cleethorpes... I wonder who else is fake??? 🤔 😂

I've often thought AG was McDonalds Farmer...

Human nature fascinates me!

I'm reading about Forensic Linguistics, it's fascinating... Solving crimes by any written evidence... People often trip up by what they say but also by what and how they write... I'll try and use what I learn on the Sawalha-Adderleys 😂
@notSUBmissive,

See 30 seconds in...

They both seem to be slurring their words there.🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
@notSUBmissive, it sounds fascinating.
I too am really interested in this kind of thing.🤓
Any recommended reading material please?📚🤓

Oooo, @
@notSUBmissive,

They both seem to be slurring their words there.🥴
Liars like the Sawalha-Adderleys often come unstuck by what they say 😂 Forensic Linguistics and social media is really in its infancy but its growing... Bad news for influencers who lie 🤥

@Seek Clarity I follow a research group on twitter called Forge...
Word crime by John Olsson
An intro to forensic linguistics by Coulthard and Johnson

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Can I ask you what is a dry drunk - never heard that description before.
Sorry, i should have explained myself a bit more.

Dry drunk isn't a particularly nice term, but it is sometimes used to describe an alcoholic when they have stopped drinking. but haven't really dealt with the things that led them to drink in an alcoholic way in the first place. So the physical side gets dealt with, but the emotional side isn't dealt with fully.
I used that term to describe him because he appears to me to have quite a few of the main characteristics of a person living with Dry Drunk Syndrome.
  • Resentment toward friends or family
  • Anger and negativity surrounding recovery
  • Depression, anxiety, and fear of relapse
  • Jealousy of friends who are not struggling with addiction
  • Romanticizing their drinking days
  • Being self-obsessed
  • Replacing the addiction with a new vice
The key to leading a sober life is dealing with your past and i don't believe that he has even scratched the surface on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I see Little Miss Hungover isn't on the live... Silly me, I guess she's out running her couch to 5k after her little tablespoon of gin 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Liars like the Sawalha-Adderleys often come unstuck by what they say 😂 Forensic Linguistics and social media is really in its infancy but its growing... Bad news for influencers who lie 🤥

@Seek Clarity I follow a research group on twitter called Forge...
Word crime by John Olsson
An intro to forensic linguistics by Coulthard and Johnson
Thanks @notSUBmissive. I shall enjoy looking into it. 🙏❤

Reactions: 4
So in a sense they are both slaves to their addictions, whether they are trying to remain abstinent from their chosen vice, they are both struggling terribly, co-dependency, enmeshment, commitment-phobe, and love & sex addiction. They display all the traits of addicts who are not seeking help.
Spot on, chipmunk! x

Reactions: 9

See 30 seconds in...

WOW! Very telling! She may have had a tablespoon in that glass, but she had drunk quite a few before that!

You are SO observant!

They are so irritating the way they comment on '52 thumbs down before we've even started,' yes, and what about the sycophantic 100 something thumbs UP before you even started? Please do explain on your next 6 O'Clock p**s-up what the difference is?

I have a feeling she is going to prefer doing the Pub Slot 🥴, as she had clearly dropped out of CM's.

Clever clever Mark Adderley taking our idea and expanding on it. I must admit, I didn't think about that being the time your wife has to get smashed in order to face you and herself for the rest of the evening. I would give you a thumbs up on here for that, but...I'm not going to. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.