N.I comedians

Have you seen any of them live?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shane Todd, Mickey Bartlett, Ciaran Bartlett, Sean Hegarty, Diona Doherty, Dave Elliott, to name a few

Has anyone anything to report on ones in the NI comedy scene?

worked with mickey - was dead on at start and then up himself
sean hegarty - from a good family- would love to know what happened with his ex-wife
diona - christ the night - do something with your hair
shane todd is the most tragic shite comedian ive ever heard

Just watched some of dionas podcast and it's woeful. Let others bloody speak.

Sean mustn't have been married too long?

Reactions: 1
i think he was married a few years to a girl local to him

diona absolutely wrecks me - sometimes you dont know if shes being really sarcastic or a dick…most times it comes across as the latter..

To be fair I think Diona deals with a lot of tit probably from women, being the female in the group. Didn’t love when she would take over Shane’s podcasts but she’s growing on me. Andrew Ryan I’m not sure about I wonder if his standup is better than the podcast though.

I love them all.
Saw Shane at the SSE, he was brill.
I love Diona’s humour, I think she’d be fun to be around.
Micky Bartlett literally has me laughing so hard I’ve wet myself a little bit.
I think Dave Elliot is fab too, and Paddy McDonnell / William Thompson.
They are funny wee bastards.
Id also love to know the back story to Diona’s husbands first marriage.
I’d also love to know why Paddy Raff isn’t part of their group. I know his work is totally different but you never see him mixing with the others on podcasts etc

Reactions: 3
I'm a big fan of the majority of them. I watch Dionas podcast each week in the hopes it's better than the last but the fact she constantly talks over/ doesn't listen to her guests is just plain bad manners.

Shane had said in a podcast about Paddy Raff that he somehow bypassed the gigging / comedy club scene and sort of missed that way the rest met and took each other in.

I'm a big fan of the majority of them. I watch Dionas podcast each week in the hopes it's better than the last but the fact she constantly talks over/ doesn't listen to her guests is just plain bad manners.

Shane had said in a podcast about Paddy Raff that he somehow bypassed the gigging / comedy club scene and sort of missed that way the rest met and took each other in.
Yeah I think I heard that one too. Paddy raff isn’t really a stand up the way the others are.. diff kind of comedy.
I think they all work very hard and hats off to them!
I know what you mean about Diona. She had Jordan Humphries on and there were a few cringe moments where I felt she was a bit rude to her. Still love her overall tho!

Reactions: 2
Love paddy, William, Ciaran Bartlett, Mickey , Colin Geddis and Aaron Mc Cann. Watch their podcasts every week! Only met Aaron Mc Cann briefly after a gig and he was so lovely and good craic. My brother was watching a Celtic match in a social club up the west and paddy was there and my brother got talking to him and said he was really sound.

Yeah I think I heard that one too. Paddy raff isn’t really a stand up the way the others are.. diff kind of comedy.
I think they all work very hard and hats off to them!
I know what you mean about Diona. She had Jordan Humphries on and there were a few cringe moments where I felt she was a bit rude to her. Still love her overall tho!
There’s two main reasons that Raff isn’t ‘in’ with the rest of the NI comedy scene; 1.) (the main reason) he was outed as being an admin on the “LAD” Facebook page. Which was critical of NI Comedians on numerous occasions and 2.) he outright steals bits and copies entire characters. You only have to have compare Mike McGoldrick (Shane Todd) to ‘Nigel’ (Raff)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Shane Todd always sounds a bit forced to me- I having seen a full set live but have seen him opening for Paddy McDonnell.

Listen to the podcast more for the guests than himself.

Mark McCarney is another one I find funny 😆

Love the mud blood podcast with Paddy McDonnell

Diona is funny at times but most of it feels likes she’s trying to hard and repetitive in her actions

There’s two main reasons that Raff isn’t ‘in’ with the rest of the NI comedy scene; 1.) (the main reason) he was outed as being an admin on the “LAD” Facebook page. Which was critical of NI Comedians on numerous occasions and 2.) he outright steals bits and copies entire characters. You only have to have compare Mike McGoldrick (Shane Todd) to ‘Nigel’ (Raff)
Ohhh interesting.
The LAD page seems to be gone now. What did they say about the comedians?

I always thought LAD was mainly ran by a couple of taxi drivers 🚖 and a few high professionals never clicked Raff was involved

That other whearty bloke seems a bit of a loose cannon by all accounts

Last edited:
Heard this being mentioned on Diona’s podcast didn’t know there was a page so naturally came looking lol she’s a struggle to watch and listen in some thing but I’m starting to like her on podcasts where she’s more herself

Reactions: 2
Anyone see Poppy Adams insta highlight on Mickey Barrtlett cheating on his gf at the Edinburgh Fringe s few years ago?? Also offered her coke.....

Reactions: 3