Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a load of bullshit she has posted!
I was going to say the same thing. I don’t believe a word of it, she’s sat there and come up with a load of crap to try and redeem herself, yet she still tries to defend her actions which just completely sold it for me that it’s a load rubbish, nothing can ever justify what they have done to that little boy.

Reactions: 4
I, I, I,I - where is the husbands responsibility in all this. It should be WE they were both his bleeping parents!!!

There were many other roads they could have gone down before “rehoming” him like a unwanted pet. If they were struggling so much why did they not consider respite care if they needed a break, full time nanny. Why homeschool or have another baby if she couldn’t cope or bond with the disabled child they adopted from the other side of the world. Granted she is only human but they took him home but panned his needs off to others sent him straight to nursery/school when he was only 2 and just weeks after they adopted him. He had multiple different therapists coming and going, if she had gone to or sat in on some of his therapist appointments she maybe would have picked up a thing or two. He had no consistency or routine , and never treated like one of the family. The only person that had RAD was her.

And as for the post that they money that they made off this child’s videos went back in to his care is bloody disgusting!! When does a child have to work for they own keep

They never thought it would blow up world wide like it did, too busy lapping up the love from their blind sheep.

If they really want to give H the privacy he has always deserved they should both remove all their public social media and YouTube videos and go get real jobs, people will move on if they are not in the public eye if they continue to try and milk the gravy train of living in the public eye that poor child’s name will be continually spoken about. But they won’t as it’s all about money for them- YouTube is too easy money no-one seems to walk away from it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
She had posted! Not sure it helps. What do you guys think?
There is nothing she can say to redeem this situation and the fact she’s trying to makes me feel sick. The statement is all me me me and she still uses H full name which annoys me. I hope to God that his new family use his Chinese name to give him back his privacy and sense of identity.

Naive and foolish? Bollocks. James bought plenty of Lilly brushes before this went down as he knew the fall out would be huge. He ignored them when they wanted to buy their stock back to protect their own brand as he needs them to promote his own detailing company.

She's right about one thing, this was was the right decision for him because clearly they could not take care of him properly. Saying the money they got from him being in videos (what they ch BTW is not a small amount) went back into his care needs. I find that disgusting. Because he has extra needs then he should earn the money to pay for them? That's like saying the other kids were in videos to pay for their homeschool. Or they wanted a new garde swingset so they had to perform in a video to pay for it. It's child labour and exploitation of a child with extra needs. They're both vile people.

Reactions: 6

When asked what her biggest failure was concerning her you tube chanbel, she chose to talk about adopting Huxley. She says it's her biggest challenge but a challenge us not a failure. So why did her brain hear 'failure' and think of the adoption? She says adoption is for life so why, when she's answering questions about her channel, does Huxley's adoption even on her radar for discussing things like analytics and growt?

Her voice, her clenching of her fist, the lies, her demeanour shows the real Myka right there. It was clearly planned all along.

Reactions: 3
Just watched without a crystal balls video where she confirms that Huxley is ok and goes through the redacted information that is available on the Delaware Police investigation.

Myka’s post on Instagram said they weren’t under investigation...🙄 Then what were Delaware Police doing then Myka? 🙄

• Wow
9DDD3BD2-8C01-4107-A81B-373C6DA41A3C.png
if you read this it’s quite interesting. Taken from the “without a crystal ball” channel. This is why the had to “rehome” him apparently. This has come up from the police investigation into them.

Apparently her son, I’m guessing Radley, needs therapy because of the way he was treated and her other daughter was glad she wouldn’t be punched in the head anymore.

not completely sold whether I buy this, I think they hugely over exaggerated his aggression, I saw a video were he was clearly jealous of her daughter getting attention and he very slightly pushed her shoulder and said a word to her that according to Myka meant something like, “get out of here.”

I think she’s using his Autism as a get out. Children with autism can have challenging behaviour and believe me from personal experience it is hard to deal with. Normally it’s due to frustration or sensory perception difficulties. I once worked with a child who couldn’t tolerate the Happy Birthday song and who was incredibly violent whenever he heard it. If you know anything about special needs then you try to pinpoint common denominators when the behaviour occurs in order to understand a childs potential triggers. Once established, you work either to avoid these triggers or to make it more tolerable.

A child of four being uncontrollable and violent to your other children without a potential trigger? No. Not buying it. Its more a case of your lack of knowledge regarding special educational needs and autism in particular. The bottom line is she and James couldn’t be bothered to put in the time with H and his needs.

Even if he was violent, then you work with the appropriate child services to ensure that his behaviour is addressed and all children are safe. You closely supervise your children and H to work out what’s going on to make him behave in this way. But again, that means putting in the work.

Using his autism as an excuse is pathetic. Millions of parents of autistic children manage to support their child’s behaviour with love, care and understanding. They don’t just throw him away as it’s too much work.

Reactions: 10
I think she’s using his Autism as a get out. Children with autism can have challenging behaviour and believe me from personal experience it is hard to deal with. Normally it’s due to frustration or sensory perception difficulties. I once worked with a child who couldn’t tolerate the Happy Birthday song and who was incredibly violent whenever he heard it. If you know anything about special needs then you try to pinpoint common denominators when the behaviour occurs in order to understand a childs potential triggers. Once established, you work either to avoid these triggers or to make it more tolerable.

A child of four being uncontrollable and violent to your other children without a potential trigger? No. Not buying it. Its more a case of your lack of knowledge regarding special educational needs and autism in particular. The bottom line is she and James couldn’t be bothered to put in the time with H and his needs.

Even if he was violent, then you work with the appropriate child services to ensure that his behaviour is addressed and all children are safe. You closely supervise your children and H to work out what’s going on to make him behave in this way. But again, that means putting in the work.

Using his autism as an excuse is pathetic. Millions of parents of autistic children manage to support their child’s behaviour with love, care and understanding. They don’t just throw him away as it’s too much work.
Exactly. I studied early years for a degree and I worked with children for a long time, including children with special needs and I don’t buy that his behaviour was too difficult to manage at his age. If he was a teen or even a pre teen I think I’d believe it more, but he was very young and as you say, even if he was aggressive, which is possible, there are things they could do to manage this.

katie says in the report that she reads that apparently they did pay for a 1-1 carer/nanny for him, but it was too expensive apparently and they also said that a lot of them would leave because they couldn’t cope with his behaviour.

All of this just sounds fabricated, it’s like they’ve sat down for a while and come up with a good story to make themselves sound better. Fact of the matter is, if he was their birth child, they wouldn’t have give up on him and had him re adopted.

Reactions: 5
Exactly. I studied early years for a degree and I worked with children for a long time, including children with special needs and I don’t buy that his behaviour was too difficult to manage at his age. If he was a teen or even a pre teen I think I’d believe it more, but he was very young and as you say, even if he was aggressive, which is possible, there are things they could do to manage this.

katie says in the report that she reads that apparently they did pay for a 1-1 carer/nanny for him, but it was too expensive apparently and they also said that a lot of them would leave because they couldn’t cope with his behaviour.

All of this just sounds fabricated, it’s like they’ve sat down for a while and come up with a good story to make themselves sound better. Fact of the matter is, if he was their birth child, they wouldn’t have give up on him and had him re adopted.
The 1-1 carers not being able to cope with him is bullshit. These people are TRAINED to deal with ‘difficult’ children, it’s their job! I can’t believe that he was such a challenging case that they left

‘Too expensive’ maybe, but any decent parents would put meeting their child’s needs before maintaining their fancy lifestyle with expensive cars and travel abroad. Especially as H earned them money! He deserved some of the perks too (not that having his basic needs met should be considered a perk)

I agree that the explanations are all fabricated. They need to realise that no explanation is going to cut it, so they should shut up and get off the internet

I actually believe her story about Huxley’s behaviour; if you look on adoption forums, such behaviour is not uncommon in adoptees, including for pre-school aged children. These toddlers are capable of terrorising and controlling adults. The behaviour is caused by extreme psychological trauma in infancy, and is difficult to treat. They have just compounded it by causing the very same trauma (severing the bond of a primary career) that caused his initial trauma in the first place.

However that doesn’t justify anything, especially since they were deliberately seeking out a disabled child for clout. Her posts enquiring about disabilities that are perceived as bad, but aren’t actually that bad, says it all.

Also, her first priority in her public statement is to apologise for all the outrage and heartache she has caused her precious followers, rather than her traumatised adopted son who they’ve just re-traumatised. No, Myka, they are heartbroken for Huxley. Apologise entirely to him.

They should never have adopted him in the first place, that was their biggest mistake and the cause of this latest trauma. Huxley is probably better off without them, and without other tiny children with competing needs.

I do believe she had a childlike and shallow desire to “help” and thought that adopting would be easy. She has obviously seen parents and carers describing special needs children as beautiful, unique, etc, and taken these words at face value, without understanding the depth and truth of their experiences.

I actually believe her story about Huxley’s behaviour; if you look on adoption forums, such behaviour is not uncommon in adoptees, including for pre-school aged children. These toddlers are capable of terrorising and controlling adults. The behaviour is caused by extreme psychological trauma in infancy, and is difficult to treat. They have just compounded it by causing the very same trauma (severing the bond of a primary career) that caused his initial trauma in the first place.

However that doesn’t justify anything, especially since they were deliberately seeking out a disabled child for clout. Her posts enquiring about disabilities that are perceived as bad, but aren’t actually that bad, says it all.

Also, her first priority in her public statement is to apologise for all the outrage and heartache she has caused her precious followers, rather than her traumatised adopted son who they’ve just re-traumatised. No, Myka, they are heartbroken for Huxley. Apologise entirely to him.

They should never have adopted him in the first place, that was their biggest mistake and the cause of this latest trauma. Huxley is probably better off without them, and without other tiny children with competing needs.

I do believe she had a childlike and shallow desire to “help” and thought that adopting would be easy. She has obviously seen parents and carers describing special needs children as beautiful, unique, etc, and taken these words at face value, without understanding the depth and truth of their experiences.

Think this is just the crux of the matter really- they were so woefully unprepared in all aspects of this adoption. They had no concept of what it means to adopt a child emotionally, how to deal with children who have experienced trauma/disruption and how to support a child with needs like H. It was literally like ordering a child off the internet with no regard to any challenges that may occur from doing so.

Here’s hoping H has a wonderful life and this doesn’t harm him any further going forward. I hope that his new family do everything possible to give him privacy and to overcome his challenges. Poor kid has had so much to deal with in his little life.

100% agree my 6 year old son is autistic. All behaviours are a form of communication weather we find them socially acceptable or not. It’s about stepping in and stopping or adapting quickly before your child gets to the next level of anger and frustration. It’s a huuuuuge learning curve and sometimes strategies stop working so you have to come up with new ones

• Heart
Reactions: 2
100% agree my 6 year old son is autistic. All behaviours are a form of communication weather we find them socially acceptable or not. It’s about stepping in and stopping or adapting quickly before your child gets to the next level of anger and frustration. It’s a huuuuuge learning curve and sometimes strategies stop working so you have to come up with new ones
Exactly! Its an ongoing process. I doubt they had the time to really get to know H’s triggers as they had Onyx so soon after adopting him. If presumably H is triggered by noise, (which some studies have shown to be physically painful to a child with autism) then by adopting him into a household full of noisy children and then adding a newborn to the mix was just ridiculous.

Myka’s Instagram statement says “I’m hoping to share more of my story soon” is concerning. Does she really think telling her side of the story against a non verbal child is really going to help? I wouldn’t be surprised if she gives it a few more weeks then does an interview with a trashy US magazine....yet again profiting off H and exploiting his privacy.

Additionally, note how the statement only concerns her? She’s protecting James from this as I think they know that his channel is a plan B going forward. He has kept his hands very clean in all of this. You would think that the statement would have both their names on wouldn’t you?

Reactions: 7
The 1-1 carers not being able to cope with him is bullshit. These people are TRAINED to deal with ‘difficult’ children, it’s their job! I can’t believe that he was such a challenging case that they left

‘Too expensive’ maybe, but any decent parents would put meeting their child’s needs before maintaining their fancy lifestyle with expensive cars and travel abroad. Especially as H earned them money! He deserved some of the perks too (not that having his basic needs met should be considered a perk)

I agree that the explanations are all fabricated. They need to realise that no explanation is going to cut it, so they should shut up and get off the internet
[/
The problem with people like her is they have an illness themselves- she is a complete narcissist and I suspect the husband is enabling her in some way, she can’t see she’s done anything wrong she finds it much easier to just blame a 4 year old boy with numerous problems rather than just accept its her fault. He was 100 percent her responsiblity
She still has a duty of care towards him as far as I’m concerned, any money made out of him and I’m suspecting it was rather a lot should be put in a trust fund for him. Unfortunately that won’t happen and she will try and crawl her way back on to the platform that have made her so rich and probably have more children too- she’s evidently completely addicted to fame and money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So Huxley was a danger to the other children? If he had been hurting them, her and James weren’t very concerned about the effect it had on her children as they buggered off to Bali on holiday. Don’t know if Huxley had already left by the time of their trip but who the hell would leave their other kids ( minus the baby) and go on a luxury trip if they’d all been traumatised by Huxleys behaviour??
This couple is so full of bullshit. Huxley was just too difficult so they had him removed. Although traumatic for Huxley he’s probably better off away from this narcissistic lazy ass excuse for parents.