Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear no joke I’m just back from a walk with my dog
I sitting on the floor cuddling him and talking to him telling him he is a good boy and I love him and he is on the couch snuggled in a blanket lying on the cushions no room for me I’ll take the floor because I wouldn’t move him
I give my dog more time than she gives the twins

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Unfollowed 😭😭😭😭 can’t even hold one of her babies to feed when one is asleep. I’m have one child and I’m absolutely not a mumsy mum but my god that actually broke my heart 😭

Reactions: 4
Ah I didn't know she was still getting full wage. She wants to get herself down the shops, she'd be much more relaxed if she just made up a quick feed.
She never seems to post that the babies are taking to their medicines well either, I know my girls were prescribed a cocktail of vitamins on discharge because they were on EBM & 7 weeks early, it's the norm for all prem babies. I hope to god she's giving them the vitamins and she doesn't see it as a faff because mothers milk fixes all.
I was also thinking about the vitamins. My LO has 3 different lots after being born 10 weeks early. She never mentions them and I didn’t see a sign when she was showing the medicines on that caddy thing.
She needs to stop being a martyr to that pump and top up with formula. My supply was never great and so NICU had mine on 3/4 EBM and then formula. We came home and pumping tiny amounts plus looking after a newborn became just too much. Do I feel awful about it sometimes? Yes? But am I able to spend time playing on the floor and cuddling, reading stories? Yes.
She needs to get dressed and out of that bloody nightie and take them in the pram for a few hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't think she's as bad as a lot on here are making out. She's not the devil but is getting carried away with her IG account and as a new mother doesn't realise yet how patronising she's being. I do think she should be less regimented of course and as someone who had twins I've no idea how she got them to sleep in sync so soon. Even with bellies full of milk. There are plenty of people obsessed with sleep training but we don't see them on IG. I would never in a million years leave a crying baby cry it out for instance but there are plenty who would. Even old school pHNs will advise all sorts of nonsense that is cruel. You'd be surprised how many new mothers(or old) who take this advice as gospel.

Reactions: 6
I don't think she's as bad as a lot on here are making out. She's not the devil but is getting carried away with her IG account and as a new mother doesn't realise yet how patronising she's being. I do think she should be less regimented of course and as someone who had twins I've no idea how she got them to sleep in sync so soon. Even with bellies full of milk. There are plenty of people obsessed with sleep training but we don't see them on IG. I would never in a million years leave a crying baby cry it out for instance but there are plenty who would. Even old school pHNs will advise all sorts of nonsense that is cruel. You'd be surprised how many new mothers(or old) who take this advice as gospel.

She is absolutely not the devil but she is absolutely neglecting alot of those babies needs. I'm talking affection and engagement. The contactless feeds, lazy winding, no toys... their floor time is on a bath towel? Where's the baby gym or toys? High contrast books? They are all essential for babies- their development isn't solely based on food and sleep.

She also doesn't watch and tune herself with her babies. They are constantly grunting and wriggling on her stories. Clearly overfed and uncomfortable. She is out of touch with them.

Totally agree she is patronising which is ridiculous because she has so much to learn. Hope she's sorted out their sleeping area. An example where it is plain to see Lisa knows best and doesn't need guidelines 🙄

I cannot fathom how you could claim to want a child yet not have spent hours researching about providing for children's needs. My first pregnancy I spent every evening with my bump researching one thing or another. I found high contrast books, researched paced feeding, safe sleep, found a baby gym we could use from newborn. And my pregnancy wasn't even planned- I didn't know I wanted it until I got a positive test.
It's not like she was busy. She was out of work for her entire pregnancy with no one to mind.

Reactions: 5
Only one baby awake this morning but she still couldnt hold her ! Of course she couldn't because then she couldnt time stamp on her phone

Reactions: 5
Anyone here have the ability to create a new thread?

Yes it’s the patronising. I think that’s what makes her so unlikeable and unrelatable. She absolutely does not know it all and is making mistakes daily. Check yourself Lisa. You’re still just a regular Joe like the rest of us, you are not a celebrity 😂

Reactions: 1
I knew a baby had died from the cosleeping set up she has but I didn’t realise until I googled it now that the baby was only 7 weeks when it happened. I need to unfollow because I’m so fearful of the worst happening

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.