Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok brief intro

Single 30 something year old health care worker started her page maybe just before COVID ? Anyway was going down IVF route to have a baby. More power to her, she shared all the info re meds & procedures- had some failed IUIs but later became pregnant with twins after 2 embryos were implanted.
Became a bit of a #collab seeking hun during pregnancy, again shared every scan, the gestational diabetes etc & gave birth to 2 beautiful twin girls I think about 33/34 weeks?
Now has become unfollowable - if that’s a word! Shares the pumping, underwear pics, look at me I’m breastfeeding I’m great pics - lives with her parents, would be getting full mat pay as well as full pay when off pregnant as she’s HSE so she was paid to cocoon & will now be paid mat leave too. Parents help out, Which is always helpful.
Has put an email to collab in her bio since having the twins, please don’t extort your lovely babies!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
This one drives me completely nuts. I am delighted for her obviously that her beautiful girls arrived safely and that they are thriving well that goes without saying. But she is now starting to become a bit like all the other bloggers with her collabs and hashtags and I actually really can’t take another photo of her in her underwear pumping and talking about night sweats.

Reactions: 14
I don’t see how she will be relatable. Yes she was as she’s the first I’ve seen do ivf with a sperm doner . But now that she has the babies. The freebies are rolling in. She lives with her parents so she’s not showing the real struggles of parenting. She’s not relatable at all. Also the way she talks. Why is she always picking food out of her teeth.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Her situation isn't relatable for anyone I know anyways. She has a tonne of help at home, didn't have to work through pregnancy. Preached alot about her difficult pregnancy but hun let me tell you again, it wasn't that bad. Some women carry babies through horrific pregnancies with other kids at home, face deaths door on delivery and don't say boo about it. A bit of diabetes and some high BP readings would be a walk in the park for them.

An IVF baby to a single mum isn't a new thing anyway. She's just decided to share it and she's young (can't get over her age) so she's on Instagram. The women I know who have done this were tipping 40. And she's not even really 'single' because she has more help at home than some married women do?

Also the picking food from her teeth and rubbing her face 🤦‍♀️🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Reminds me of Sarah burps allways at her teeth or itching her her nose with her hands
She is blessed with 2 gorgeous girls but gone down the road like the rest of them with collabs.
Imagion putting up a email for them.
They wont be small for long bit sad the other day when she asked did people want to see more of their day to day routine.
No we dont need to be seeing their private little lifes
Fair dues to her breastfeeding but jezs we dont need a minute by minute update on her pumping.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What age is she ? I thought she was 40 ish

Just seen here someone is shocked so i presume that she is younger?
If so , she fairly rushed into it didnt she ? what happens if she meets someone?

Reactions: 3
Her situation isn't relatable for anyone I know anyways. She has a tonne of help at home, didn't have to work through pregnancy. Preached alot about her difficult pregnancy but hun let me tell you again, it wasn't that bad. Some women carry babies through horrific pregnancies with other kids at home, face deaths door on delivery and don't say boo about it. A bit of diabetes and some high BP readings would be a walk in the park for them.

An IVF baby to a single mum isn't a new thing anyway. She's just decided to share it and she's young (can't get over her age) so she's on Instagram. The women I know who have done this were tipping 40. And she's not even really 'single' because she has more help at home than some married women do?

Also the picking food from her teeth and rubbing her face 🤦‍♀️🤮
I agree with the "tough pregnancy" shite. She had a picture up of one of the babies breastfeeding the other night and the caption something like "late night feeds just us two". Yeah and all your followers too. Hardly a private moment.

The way she laughs through almost everything she says irritates me more than the teeth thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have messaged her a few times and she has never got back to me.
If she doesnt get out of the bloody nighdress ill snap! The babies are a month old now. Im not expecting her to be dressed to the nines but get dressed into a tracksuit or something. If one of my grown children was going around all day in a nightdress I'd be having words.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I couldn't get over the constant ( and I mean constant) complaining with the restless legs, like she literally cried about having no sleep I remember thinking how the duck is she gonna cope with night feeds on the double! Your body does prepare you for whats to come.

Reactions: 7
If she doesnt get out of the bloody nighdress ill snap! The babies are a month old now. Im not expecting her to be dressed to the nines but get dressed into a tracksuit or something. If one of my grown children was going around all day in a nightdress I'd be having words.
She's never dressed very presentable, even in pregnancy, even out of the nightdress. I couldn't tolerate it. It screams slob, even with newborns, a Hairbrush, pair of leggings and a sweatshirt go a long way!

I couldn't get over the constant ( and I mean constant) complaining with the restless legs, like she literally cried about having no sleep I remember thinking how the duck is she gonna cope with night feeds on the double! Your body does prepare you for whats to come.
Yep. But the answer to how she is coping is she has a nap when she gets the babies up because her Dad takes them. Luxury not everyone has 🙄

I feel like I need to add I'm not against her having help. That's great. But acknowledge it as a luxury and don't try to sell me your routine as one for 'normal' people

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She used to reply to me but close to her going in to have the girls she said in her stories she wouldn’t be replying for the next while.
I love my pjs but they’re reserved for cold wet days after we get back from school & evenings when I know I won’t be going back out. I couldn’t stay in them all day.

Reactions: 5
She used to reply to me but close to her going in to have the girls she said in her stories she wouldn’t be replying for the next while.
I love my pjs but they’re reserved for cold wet days after we get back from school & evenings when I know I won’t be going back out. I couldn’t stay in them all day.
But well able to post the stuff given from other instas.

Reactions: 6
When I see the ‘recommendations please’ and then the email for collabs in the bio- that’s enough for me. I hope she doesn’t go down the route of Julie stating herself and the twins are homeless and getting a council house and not going back to work. I’m all for moms going back to work, or not, but I’m not for people just wanting to milk the system because there are enough homeless single moms and/ or dads who genuinely need a place to live out there.

Reactions: 15
Your in your home noones looking at you. She’s showing this all over insta

Reactions: 3
Have to say I think she is right to go ahead now at 32/33 if that’s what she wants and not hold till nearer 40 to see if she meets someone down the road. Who knows what would happen in the meantime and as someone who has done ivf, it is much more likely to be successful at her age now than another 5 years down the line. She could still absolutely meet someone now and if she doesn’t she has her babies now and that was her priority. Personally I’d choose my child over a man any day of the week and I’m with my child’s dad. Also she possibly won’t have the same energy for two babies at 40 that she has at 33.

Reactions: 15
Your in your home noones looking at you. She’s showing this all over insta
I know, I barely open the door if I’m not dressed that’s why I love rainy days for pjs, we’re left in peace 😂 no chance of me ever going on camera unwashed or undressed

She’s still smothering, I hope she’s phoned ahead to let the doctor know before the girls appointment

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.