My daughters problem with her 6 year old friend

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter gave her invitations out today just three girls for a small birthday tea at home. Her so called best friend ripped the invitation up before her eyes and threw it in the bin. She is devastated. This is not the first nastiness I have encountered but all has been dealt with so far at school. Should I text her mum a nice lady or just not get involved ???

That is heartbreaking for your daughter and yourself. I wish I could give you some advice but hopefully others on here can help.

Reactions: 2
That is heartbreaking for your daughter and yourself. I wish I could give you some advice but hopefully others on here can help.
thanks Moe just a quick question I can easily delete if it offends

Reactions: 1
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound like a complete witch. I didn’t read the OP properly. Sounds like a horrible situation.

Ugh, what a difficult one. Do you ever see the mum? If she's friendly enough I'd talk to her in person and say how much you both wanted her daughter to be part of the birthday tea. And keep the invitation open unless your daughter really doesn't want her there any more. The girl could have acted out for all kinds of reasons. Just reassure your daughter it had nothing to do with her. 💜

So sad 😞 kids can be so cruel. If it was me I would ask my child if they wanted her there and then text the mum? Did your daughter say why her friend did that?

thank you

So sad 😞 kids can be so cruel. If it was me I would ask my child if they wanted her there and then text the mum? Did your daughter say why her friend did that?
I don’t think she does want her there now tbh. She’s too upset to talk about it at the moment. We have had quiet a few incidents with her being nasty which tbh I have seen at other children’s party but tbf the parents do make her apologise so I guess they are aware.

thank you

I don’t think she does want her there now tbh. She’s too upset to talk about it at the moment. We have had quiet a few incidents with her being nasty which tbh I have seen at other children’s party but tbf the parents do make her apologise so I guess they are aware.
Sounds like the other child has problems. Try and do something nice albeit a trip to Mac Donald’s after school tomorrow anything to take her mind off it all. I know this sounds feeble and she is probably so looking forward to her birthday. Breaks my heart. Remember you are the lucky one with a beautiful daughter and I pity the other one’s parents. That reaction is not normal.

Reactions: 4
What a horrible child!

If I was her mum I would want to know so I could let her know that behaviour is completely unacceptable.

Hope your little girl is ok x

Something like this happened to me when I was in 7th grade. We moved from Virginia to California before 6th grade, and apparently I "stole" this one girl's best friend. We were friends through 6th grade, and during the summer, but once school started for 7th grade, the two of them wrote me these horribly cruel letters and put them in my locker. It was weird, because if the other girl wasn't around, the friend in question treated me fine. It really hurt. Good news was that in 7th grade, there was a new school, so I was able to make new friends. But I came home crying many days. They even forged another girl's signature!
I don't know what to tell you to do. I wouldn't let my mom intervene, but with 6 year olds, it might be a good idea. The girl I was friends with initially was having problems at home-- her parents were divorcing, and her dad was a scumbag. Doesn't excuse her behavior but it explains it. The other one was just a jealous, vindictive witch. But 6 year olds learn that from somewhere. Maybe talking to her mom would help?
So sorry for what your daughter is going through. Ouch.

Reactions: 2
I would speak to the mum if it was someone I had spoken to before. Thankfully I’m friends with my son and daughters friends mums and we’ve spoken with each other before about little things involving our kids

Personally if it was my lad I would let him invite some one else instead and not say anything unless approached by the parent, They are bloody horrible at this age! We've had many a run in, I thought we would have a few years until we had politics of friendship!

Your poor daughter :(
I usually find when kids are that mean to each other for no apparent reason it usually stems from jealousy. I hope she has a fab birthday regardless.

So sad, kids are cruel at times! I'd definitely speak to the little girls mother,. In a non confrontational way. Hope your daughter has a lovely birthday and this is soon forgotten by her x

My daughter gave her invitations out today just three girls for a small birthday tea at home. Her so called best friend ripped the invitation up before her eyes and threw it in the bin. She is devastated. This is not the first nastiness I have encountered but all has been dealt with so far at school. Should I text her mum a nice lady or just not get involved ???
I would leave it if your daughter doesn't want her there anymore but if the other mum asks then i would tell her whats happened.
If you're daughter still wants her there then i would speak to the mum and say her child was given as invitation to her birthday but she ripped it up in front of her face and threw it in the bin. See what she has to say. I would though, as her parent, think twice about letting this girl come if shr is going to behave like that.

your poor daughter! I would just tell her that her friend is being silly. if you get a chance to speak to the mum, maybe just mention what happened (without slagging off her child, she is only 6 after all) and ask if she knows why her little girl didn't want to go

my advice would be don't get involved in children's arguments (e.g. don't argue with the parents on your child's behalf) - more often than not they make up the next day

I wouldn’t get involved with it
Can you take her on a special day out to the zoo or something maybe with one friend?