My big fat fabulous life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else watch My big fat fabulous life with Whitney Thore on TLC?

Do you love it or hate it? I’m really on the fence about it.

Apologies if thread on this but I’ve done a search and nothing comes up.

Reactions: 3
Loved the earlier seasons but it’s a bit “meh” now. What did you make of the whole Chase thing?!
also I know it’s all prob scripted but wow she seems like a different person on her instagram!& only ever posts to sell rubbish.

Oh I love this! I’m fully aware it’s rubbish but it’s one hour of escapism in this mad world at the moment. I’m looking forward to my son’s nap today so I can catch up on last nights episode.

The first season annoyed me as every other word out of Whitney’s mouth was ‘PCOS’ but she’s definitely moved on from that now and actually acts like a normal person (to a degree, no one else is ever as naked as often as she is!).

I thought Whit had finally found her happy ending with Chase, I cried when he proposed. But it looks like she’s had a lucky escape as he’s completely shown his true colours since then.

And don’t get me started on Ryan - he’s one of the most awful human beings to ever grace a tv screen.

Reactions: 1
I really didn’t like Ryan on previous seasons as he came across as the stereotypical “duck boy” but this season I’ve really warmed to him and quite enjoy watching him, I don’t like that Tal and Todd are so dead against him it’s getting to scripted in my opinion.

I totally think Ryan is just using Whitney for exposure and money. He doesn’t care about her as a person at all.

I do love Tal though, I want to be his friend! Todd annoys me a little from time to time especially when he used to have tantrums over Big Girl Dance Class but I think he’s got a good heart underneath ... unlike Ryan.

I think my favourite person is Ashley though, I adore her and want her to come and be my best friend ever. I love how supportive she is of Whitney even when she thinks Whit is making the wrong decisions. And she’s so funny too.

Has anyone watched the most recent episode?

Thoughts on Whitney's reaction to Ryan not telling her chase's baby had come a couple days early.

I get Whitney was engaged to Chase and was hurt by what happened, but I just really didn't like her reaction and how she handled the situation, Ryan's Chase's friend and it wasn't his information to share straight away nor do I think Whitney was entitled to know as soon as the baby had been born.

I’m not sure what to think of the reaction. I can totally see it from both sides to be honest. It’s not that Whitney was entitled to know the baby had come immediately but I do think as soon as it was in the public domain, someone should have told her.

I don’t think Ryan knows Whitney at all or is even a good friend in any way - if he was, he would have known she needed to be told in a calm and caring manner somewhere she felt safe. As Whitney said, when Ryan saw it on social media he should have checked in with Whitney to see if she was ok and not just assumed she was handling it well.

What really shocked me was the way Buddy just blurted it out! He knows Whitney better than anyone and he definitely should have known that a crowded bar was not the place to tell Whitney.

I really felt for her standing there in the rain but I did think it was a bit of an overreaction - I think she had too much information to process in one go and it was just too much for her. Her conversation with Ashley the next day seemed like a much more sensible response and she’d clearly had time to process it in her own way, in her own space which is how it should have been done in the first place.

Must say though, I loved the way Jessica and her partner supported Whitney on the hike and climbing the waterfall. Such good guys!!

Has anyone watched the most recent episode?

Thoughts on Whitney's reaction to Ryan not telling her chase's baby had come a couple days early.

I get Whitney was engaged to Chase and was hurt by what happened, but I just really didn't like her reaction and how she handled the situation, Ryan's Chase's friend and it wasn't his information to share straight away nor do I think Whitney was entitled to know as soon as the baby had been born.
Show is completely scripted dude. It wasn't a real relationship with Chase.

I can’t stop watching but the show annoys me a lot!! I’m sick of her constantly calling them bros but then referring to bro in sentences. She’s a hypocrite too. She doesn’t want buddy, strings him along and she was too much with him when she was with chase. Then when buddy gets a gf she’s all jealous. She’s the typical person who doesn’t want him but doesn’t want anyone else to have him either.
She didn’t want to marry chase- she wanted to marry someone and anyone. He’d just said he didn’t know if he wanted kids, they disagreed all the time on where to live then she says yes?

it was clear when they met in the car pro and she asked why he’d never suggested him being a dad and there for the kid but staying with her. The guy cheated on you!!
She didn’t want BGDC and asked Todd to do it (or he volunteered on an earlier season). Her plans got messed up and she got salty at Todd.

She’s selfish and a hypocrite and always wants to be the centre of attention. Her friends are amazing and she doesn’t deserve them. Especially heather. She was salty at heather when she first got with buddy because his attention was elsewhere. Then she’s all oh heather is my best friend. Convinced her to break up with him then kissed him and could wait to tell heather. She’s the worst friend.

she talks about weight loss surgery because guys don’t accept her because of her weight. Untrue. If it was, she wouldn’t attract them in the first place. Not like she packs her fupa in her bag and getsit out on date number 5. It’s her personality that drives them away.

I used to like the show but it became so clear it was scripted. I dont for one second think Chase who is a typical average looking guy wouldve ever been interested in Whitney a morbidly obese woman. They had nothing in common whatsoever. Look at his fiance now, small, petite, health conscious blonde. That rship was so scripted. Im not body shaming, im no model either. I also think Buddy has too many issues for Whitney, who like the attention on her 100%