Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@BlueRose, I'm not on Mumsnet, so no idea what was posted there and whoever that was - but:
In general I'm with you, people should mind their own business, if someone wants to put their kid in a creche, fine, if others don't also fine. Some people have no choice, and even that isn't really anyone's business if they can't do anything about it either.
Unless there are concerns like money being tight and maybe gently suggesting that going back to work might be better long-term, I'm not sure why people keep pushing.

I'm in Germany and here, you can't win at all: Bringing your kid to nursery and you're a bad mum. If you do it so that you can work, maybe you shouldn't have had a kid in the first place. Not bringing them to nursery - well, you're having a death-clutch on your child, they'll end up socially inept and what about your career? What did you go to uni for? To stay at home?
Thank you. As I said I worked in a nursey for a long time.The kids didn't really learn it was fun place to make a mess. This is why I don't really want mine to go. Cause I know LO will learn at home with mum, be messy with me, we have loads of fun that's what I want fun, days out many holidays we can book till we need to book in schools holidays. I know I can take out of nursery as their don't charge £60 a day or is it a week (each school different) but I just wanted other people to give me a little advice on what their did. Sorry....

Who is it you feel is pressuring you about putting your little one into nursery? It’s your child so it’s ultimately your decision but having seen some of your other posts, you’ve said you suffer from anxiety and don’t leave the house much so I wonder if nursery might actually do you both some good. Baby steps though, a couple of hours a week and see how you feel.

ETA: you could start a thread in the advice section? I think you’d get kinder replies on Tattle than you would MN

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Have been laughing at the Mumsnet loon who is obsessed with trashing M&S as they wouldn't employ her.

She's started a thread now about them (M&S) forcing people to work with COVID. Says we are going to catch it from the bread. 🤣 i need to find her other threads but I think she's name changed, damn it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have been laughing at the Mumsnet loon who is obsessed with trashing M&S as they wouldn't employ her.

She's started a thread now about them (M&S) forcing people to work with COVID. Says we are going to catch it from the bread. 🤣 i need to find her other threads but I think she's name changed, damn it.
That’s never her..? Again?!?! 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
DH has just told me he has agreed to go to the pub one weekend with friends from his hobby. He hasn't asked my permission and this means he will be out on a Saturday, leaving me alone with three kids (14, 12 and 9) for what could be five hours. AIBU to tell him this is not on? I'm a SAHM and he works 60 hours a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
DH has just told me he has agreed to go to the pub one weekend with friends from his hobby. He hasn't asked my permission and this means he will be out on a Saturday, leaving me alone with three kids (14, 12 and 9) for what could be five hours. AIBU to tell him this is not on? I'm a SAHM and he works 60 hours a week.
Get your ducks in a row now 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Leave him with the kids on Sunday morning and go for a spa day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Possibly some were deleted also. 😁

Reactions: 3
Who is your favourite mumsnet regular?

I love billy1966, who enjoys giving each sentence it's own paragraph, and advice from the 1920s.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Give your head a wobble and LTB!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've realised that people referring to their children as 'little one' makes me irrationally angry.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can't name hobby though as it is outing, but think something to do with balls.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I liked Crumbs’ fantasy life, especially at Christmas. I think one year she posted about the Christmas gifts she’d got her family and it was expensive items as all her three eldest children had moved into their own homes and car leases for two of her younger children and another one getting a weekend break in the country where she was doing Erasmus.

The ones who are on there 24/7, I imagine to be dull and boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.