Mummynutrition - nicsnutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to enjoy following Nic but have become quite suspicious of the amount of undeclared gifts/ads she posts

She always links bits she uses on her blog ‘shop’ - she doesn’t declare that this would work like a swipe up and earn her money but does it? If I buy something through the link On her website is she getting a commission?

She posts some really useful content but I’d just like to know whether or not she is being paid/gifted things more clearly. She’ll mention it once and then continue to show off the gift without declaring it in future posts.

Anyone have any thoughts about her?

Reactions: 3
I agree...I've followed her on and off through my pregnancy and birth of my son who's 4 months younger than her little one. I've found her content quite useful but at times incredibly irritating; she's clearly very well off and can afford to splurge on all things baby related but the amount she purchases is excessive in my opinion and comes across as braggy to me. It's not clear what's gifted and what isn't. I've wondered if she's using affiliate links too as she's constantly plugging the tummy time book and toy eggs on her stories.

I understand she's trying to become a mum instagrammer (notice she's started tagging Channel Mum in her posts...) but I can't understand how she has time to make so many stories. Especially in the first few months when you're in a newborn bubble. I wanted to message her and say just enjoy your little boy rather than making endless boomerangs and blow by blow accounts of what you've purchased!

My baby is one month younger than Henry so i followed her all through her pregnancy and maternity leave, a lot of the info was generally helpful. I unfollowed her because I also found it seemed like she was constantly spending money on all this baby stuff that then indirectly made me feel inadequate because on statutory mat leave money I couldnt do the same (my problem not hers).
I also really hated it when she begs for like on her most recent posts, which she did a lot!

Reactions: 2
Honestly she used to make me feel inadequate especially on the food front and milestone front but then if you actually pay attention she isn’t a very good instinctive mom. He doesn’t say much yet you say tv bad well what have to been teaching him cuz it not talking clearly. My little one a month younger has passed him on so many things now it like she just wants to keep being able to occupy him with simple things that she can control. Complains he grabbing her too well ye that what bf babies do it’s their comfort. And her “helpful” posts are you joking “here’s how to stop breastfeeding” thanks for all the help from whoever although she admitted she just took it away and said that isn’t the advised way to do it. So what made her think she could post a how to stop 🤷🏼‍♀️ All her complaining about him being at home and can’t wait for nursery. Erm love what did you think having a child would be like cuz this is it. If he doesn’t fit her mould or routine she doesn’t like it. I’m afraid they are their own little person and don’t run to your clock but he is made to run to hers.

Reactions: 1
I stopped following a while back now. I agree, found that her parenting style was not necessarily something I was comfortable with on several occasions. Felt like the baby had to fit around her and not the other way around. I remember one time she said they didn’t have time to put his eczema cream on and then he scratched himself badly with overnight.

I’m not sure what her idea of parenting is. It seems to be if it’s not in a book or plan. Eg sleep training plan which dictates when the poor lad should be hungry too 🙄. Then it’s free for all coloured all over that playpen (waste of money) he screams if I take the paint brush of him so I’ll just let him keep it. Here Henry let’s go play in mommy’s car 🤷🏼‍♀️ No idea at all it’s from one extreme to another.

And that’s shameful not having time to put his cream on. It probs didn’t have that time specified in the sleep plan so they can’t do it 🙄

I just spend the whole time watching her stories thinking how much her face reminds me of a praying mantis. Mean I know 😳

• Haha
I've followed her for years now, well before her mummynutrition account, but she is definitely grating on me these days.
I feel really sorry for them having been burgled, no-one should have to go through that. But I get a bit fed up with the constant affiliate links, and the fact that she seems to just buy whatever people suggest to her without even considering whether it will be useful to her or Henry. Must be nice to have the funds to do that!

Reactions: 4
She is an absolute narcissist. Thinks she is the guru of all mothers. Never states when its an AD. I commented on a couple of her posts asking about AD being tagged and she deleted comments.

Having met Nic and worked with her for a long time before the baby and after she has a very entitled Sense of importance. She’s always right, always the best and looks down on others around her. If you don’t fit her ideal then you’re beneath her. She’s insufferable since she had the baby. I stopped following her a long time ago as I see her a lot. She’s sneaky with with ads and links and it’s v obvious she wants to be a famous instagrammer with all the perks

Having met Nic and worked with her for a long time before the baby and after she has a very entitled Sense of importance. She’s always right, always the best and looks down on others around her. If you don’t fit her ideal then you’re beneath her. She’s insufferable since she had the baby. I stopped following her a long time ago as I see her a lot. She’s sneaky with with ads and links and it’s v obvious she wants to be a famous instagrammer with all the perks
I used to really enjoy her nicsnutrition content, but I find her so preachy these days. All the swipe ups on her mummynutrition stories are really tedious.

Oh my god, this woman......I followed her because my little girl has allergies and I thought I would find her content interesting but my god she is insufferable.

Anyone would think she is the only person who has ever been a parent.

• Haha
I'm gutted to hear this. I follow her on NicsNutrition and I liked her simple evidence-based posts. I don't follow her Mothers feed as I ain't one. But the AD and AF needs to be marked without doubt. Surprised at this confusion because she is a healthcare professional!

I really loved her account when she first started out. I agree she is very sneaky with all her gifted stuff/swipe ups and affiliate links. She is clearly well off and can afford to buy most of the things that are gifted. What got me was how sneaky she was with the gifted pram - she borrowed one which I thought was strange when everything else was all new and then was plugging this pram. She's had another 2 gifted since 🙄 then a couple of high chairs and all sorts of other things. The constant begging for likes and obsession with followers and always trying to get with the in crowd of Mummy instagrammers made me unfollow her recently. I can imagine she is quite insufferable, I'm sick of Instagram and the Mummy Brigade thinking they are doing us all a favour with posting about their Mummy hacks and freebies 🤬

Omg she has zero control over that child, I know toddlers can be feral speaking from experience my WOW she needs to get a grip on that pronto

I know someone has called her out before on it but I do honestly think a lot of it is for content. She is desperate to appear relatable ....

I used to like her but now I just roll my eyes at everything.... she is such an insta mum not in a good way. Everything has to have an expert opinion, she can't parent without reading a book etc.

And don't even get me started on the fact that she asks people for recommendations and then links them to her ridiculous shop for aff links despite the fact that she hasn't bleeping bought them.

She needs to step away from her phone and actually spend some time bringing up her child not to be a little dick.

• Heart
Omg she has zero control over that child, I know toddlers can be feral speaking from experience my WOW she needs to get a grip on that pronto
Yeah I've been thinking the same. Also all the ice lollies in the morning, fair enough they're just yogurt but my kids would get confused as to them something like that is pudding and not breakfast.

I also thought the other day when she laid out all of the stuff for her husband to do bedtime was really patronising, my husband would have been really pissed off if I'd done that!

Reactions: 1
The whole letting him go to nursery in his pjs because she can't be bothered with the 'fight' to get him dressed...who is the parent in this situation.

I have 2 toddlers and they never ever behave like he does because they have boundaries. She needs to establish some and quickly.

• Wow
Exactly and the fear of taking off his sleeping bag on a morning because he has a tantrum. I don’t get my child out of bed before I whip it off. It seems like they never say no to him and he will grow up having no boundaries. The 2 pears and an apple post got me yesterday... I’m not parent of the year but any stretch of the imagination but I just wouldn’t let my son do that even if it meant him having a tantrum there’s a line I think where they need to learn that yes won’t always be the answer! Just my opinion but she’s making a massive rod for her own back

Yeah I'm far from a perfect parent but safe to say I do things very differently! And I've never had an issue with tantrums.
I won't start on the "this is what your nursery should be feeding your child" posts 🙄

• Haha