Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes this!!!

She is incredibly influenced by interior accounts, a lot of her interior decisions have been based on style over substance. The tiny basin in the family bathroom comes to mind.
I think the whole remodel serves 2 purposes, content and keeping up with her peers.
The thing is, styles and certain colours go out of fashion so quickly that in a year or two it'll be out of style so they'll be re-painting it all again just to stay on trend.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This women is the absolute pits. I'm so fed up with staring up her nostrils in every painfully boring renovation video. What is with those drawn on metre long eyebrows too and nasally voice?! I love how NONE of the renovation is original in any sense at all. She's SO bland. Her kids all look like they need a good hair brushing and sort out and her husband is hideous, I'm sorry but she acts like she's so hot!

Have to say, I'm going off katie more and more. The self deprecating posts are getting too much and too regular. We know shes thankful, we know she knows these days wont last forever, we know her and john are fortunate to work from home. The constant mentions of it are excessive at the moment. All in between the big spends they do and the constant new outfits katie has.

Yes anyone who cant see through all this faux self deprecation and faux humbleness is SERIOUSLY DUMB!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This women is the absolute pits. I'm so fed up with staring up her nostrils in every painfully boring renovation video. What is with those drawn on metre long eyebrows too and nasally voice?! I love how NONE of the renovation is original in any sense at all. She's SO bland. Her kids all look like they need a good hair brushing and sort out and her husband is hideous, I'm sorry but she acts like she's so hot!

Have to say, I'm going off katie more and more. The self deprecating posts are getting too much and too regular. We know shes thankful, we know she knows these days wont last forever, we know her and john are fortunate to work from home. The constant mentions of it are excessive at the moment. All in between the big spends they do and the constant new outfits katie has.

Yes anyone who cant see through all this faux self deprecation and faux humbleness is SERIOUSLY DUMB!
Someone had to say it. THANK YOU.

Reactions: 3
Cant be bothered to watch the Q&A, does she explain how the hob is going to work?
I fast forwarded to that bit! Apparently on the island, with an inbuilt extractor, so they can be more sociable when they are cooking their fajitas🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
did i hear someone say she i sponsored by some fajita company?!

I'm 3 minutes into the Q&A video and am having to turn off. She's just so awful.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I know 😂 I did laugh when she said they've now got to have a smaller wine fridge because the alcove isn't as big as they thought 🙈
She'll use it to store diet coke probably!
Oh my heart bleeds 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ As someone who lives in a two bed council flat with no space at all, it makes me feel a bit sick to hear her say things like that.

I do wonder how they have so many outfits yet their wardrobes are never bursting! 🤔
The self deprecation is really really irritating! Especially when she is constantly posting photos of herself!!!
Faux humbleness - dear god!
She’s constantly saying the house is their ‘forever home’ and that it’ll be ages before she decorates a room then low and behold she’s cracked her whip and told Jon she wants this that and the other done because she needs to keep up!! He’s so busy cooking her fajitas or working with an American firm - bet you didn’t know, that he’s not noticed she’s ordered a massive pink blob for the kitchen or millions of glass sheets to let all the neighbours look inside their house!! I say house rather than home because she just wants to make it into a show house!
When does she do all the cleaning when she’s constantly on her phone??
She’ll be begging for another holiday so they can keep the house clean!!!!!

Someone had to say it. THANK YOU.
Someone absolutely had to say it. People seem to hold Katie to a different standard. If you call out the Hoopers and Meldrums for being exploitative of their audience and children the same criticism applies to the Ellisons. Having pretty travel vlogs and faux humility doesn't give you a free pass on over sharing your children, glamourizing debt and needless consumption and sticking two fingers up at the environment. Responding to messages is the bare bleeping minimum these influencers should do, it's called customer service, it doesn't void problematic behaviours.

Reactions: 9
It’s all got rather boring. She’s looking twiggy too. I feel sorry for the kids a lot of the time she seems to highlight the oldest. Who is extra gifted. I forgot they even had a boy.

Reactions: 1
It’s all got rather boring. She’s looking twiggy too. I feel sorry for the kids a lot of the time she seems to highlight the oldest. Who is extra gifted. I forgot they even had a boy.
It's lottie I feel sorry for. Maddie like you say is gifted in sports. Wren is the only boy and also the baby of the family. I feel she gets a little forgotten

Reactions: 4
It's lottie I feel sorry for. Maddie like you say is gifted in sports. Wren is the only boy and also the baby of the family. I feel she gets a little forgotten
Or Lottie referred to as the "filling to our sandwich" or something 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Guarantee these "few days offline" she's having is because she's read here and it's dented her ego. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It is weird though because before wren was born and before Maddie was into her football, Lottie was the favourite, katie even wrote on one of her blog posts about her and captioned the photo as her favourite girl...

She even used to joke that jon used to say to her that they have two children not one.

I don’t know if maddie is necessarily the favourite, I just think she likes to over share her football because it gets the likes and the wow factor in... no babies now so she’s moved onto to something else

Reactions: 3
I like her, and I think she is different to the others, hence why some of us like to hold her in a different regard. She is always VERY clear on ads which for lots of us in the main bugbear of many influencers, she’s always replied to messages and comments, again not all do, yes her repetitive we’re so grateful is a bit grating however I believe she feels that way, and if she didn’t say that lots of people would be here saying she doesn’t have a clue that most of us can’t afford this stuff/experiences. I also really like her for having careful control over her content and not sharing anything negative of the children as that’s not fair on them, so we don’t see the big tantrums or moods all kids have played out all the time.
Plus I think that the quality of her stuff is excellent, in terms of her video editing, photography, brand work, attention to detail in house stuff which I think is important for someone wanting to be in the interiors ‘influencer’ space.
That’s me done! I felt strongly enough about some of the recent comments that I wanted to add my view, just like those above.

Reactions: 17
I think she has mentioned before Lottie is quite shy and doesn’t particularly like the camera so she doesn’t take or post as many photos of her as she does of Maddie and Wren.

I like her, and I think she is different to the others, hence why some of us like to hold her in a different regard. She is always VERY clear on ads which for lots of us in the main bugbear of many influencers, she’s always replied to messages and comments, again not all do, yes her repetitive we’re so grateful is a bit grating however I believe she feels that way, and if she didn’t say that lots of people would be here saying she doesn’t have a clue that most of us can’t afford this stuff/experiences. I also really like her for having careful control over her content and not sharing anything negative of the children as that’s not fair on them, so we don’t see the big tantrums or moods all kids have played out all the time.
Plus I think that the quality of her stuff is excellent, in terms of her video editing, photography, brand work, attention to detail in house stuff which I think is important for someone wanting to be in the interiors ‘influencer’ space.
That’s me done! I felt strongly enough about some of the recent comments that I wanted to add my view, just like those above.
Really interesting read! It's fascinating how differently people can perceive the actions of an influencer.
If you just glance at Tattle it's clear people appreciate transparency with ads. Influencers aren't held to account for non compliance to ASA guidelines, not in any lasting or meaningful way. So I can totally see why KE would seem like a breath of fresh air. This is further exacerbated by the fact she's often compared to the Meldrums et al which only makes her look better in comparison.
BUT Katie is just obeying best practice. I work in the pharma industry and you don't get a pat on the back for following guidelines, it's expected and there are consequences when you don't. This is true for most industries I don't know why this isn't the case for influencing/brand advocates. I don't think we should be applauding people for doing the basics of their jobs correctly but I understand that this just my opinion.
My biggest bugbear with all influencers is the over sharing bordering exploitation of their children. I don't think not showing tantrums, punishments and bad behaviour as careful control. I don't think plastering photos of your very young kids over an open Instagram account is careful control. I don't think it's even control. This is where I point out the cognitive dissonance. Rebecca Meldrum and MOD get raked over searing hot coals for this, Katie gets mildly accused of favouritism. I do think Katie gets a bit of easier time on Tattle because her content is good and she is personable. I do not think it's fair but it's just my opinion.

The rest is just difference of opinion. Some like her house, I think it's meh. Some like her self deprecating humor, I think the lady doth protest too much.

I really do understand why people are quick to defend her. She is the best of a bad bunch but that doesn't make her beyond reproach.

Sorry for the long rant! @Hereagain thoughtful post got me thinking! It's actually nice to have diversity of thought on tattle!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.