Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all. When you’re paying a shed load you want it done right. My husband and father in law fitted our kitchen. They fitted one bag panel of one cupboard the wrong way round (so it shows chipboard rather than white) and it drives me mad. I’d get it changed if I were Katie too! And she may not have known it was different inside until it was fitted, as it’s presumably all “flat pack” and put together by their joiner
I get that, chipboard on the outside would annoy me too!
I do see everyone's point about changing it, I just still think she must come across as a pain in the arse to their builders 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I get that, chipboard on the outside would annoy me too!
I do see everyone's point about changing it, I just still think she must come across as a pain in the arse to their builders 😂
Agree don’t see the big deal about it considering it’s so high up and she will just fill it with those white Ikea Kuggis boxes anyway!

Reactions: 5
Agree don’t see the big deal about it considering it’s so high up and she will just fill it with those white Ikea Kuggis boxes anyway!
I'm glad it's not just me then 😂 it's high up, she's only going to keep washing powder and crap in it. It was like when the spotlights in the kitchen were in the wrong place the other week, so they had to fill all the holes and then re cut them so they were far enough for the pendant lights to fit in...
I don't think it even needs those long pendant lights over the island really x

If it was me I couldn't be bloody bothered to change it. Tbh I'd probably just ring where the kitchen came from & ask for a small refund to make up for it if they delivered the wrong colour 😬😳

Reactions: 4
I'm glad it's not just me then 😂 it's high up, she's only going to keep washing powder and crap in it. It was like when the spotlights in the kitchen were in the wrong place the other week, so they had to fill all the holes and then re cut them so they were far enough for the pendant lights to fit in...
I don't think it even needs those long pendant lights over the island really x
Hope the pendent lights will be easy to clean with no splash back and extractor fan. They will be greasy as hell. She should have put the sink in the island!

Hope the pendent lights will be easy to clean with no splash back and extractor fan. They will be greasy as hell. She should have put the sink in the island!
Oh is she putting the hob on the island then?!
Yeah I agree, I find it strange that they're having the sink in the alcove, I was once told by an architect to always have sinks facing or as close to windows as possible. Not entirely sure why, but it's just stuck with me 😂

Yeah I agree, I find it strange that they're having the sink in the alcove, I was once told by an architect to always have sinks facing or as close to windows as possible. Not entirely sure why, but it's just stuck with me 😂
Maybe to do with the waste pipe going directly outside? 🤔 idk. But if I'm at my sink, I want to be facing outside and not a wall personally.

They must be as there is no where else to put it.

Looks like it’s going about here as that’s cooker electrical cable wiring. The sinks look back to back likely for drainage.

7449CA4B-ABBE-4849-A65F-D40A597665ED.jpeg

Reactions: 3
The light in the utility is so ugly and puts out barely any light. Should’ve just gone with spotlights in there.

I still hate the pink.
Me too. Its too much like bubblegum.
The floor is like cement and like it hasn't been laid.
The island takes up the whole kitchen
I'm surprised I don't like it as I usually love her decor. Even though her bathroom was a bit marmitey, I liked it.
I think if she changed the pink to a dirty, dusty pink and darkened the floor, it would look better

Reactions: 1
I hate the pink too, and the units look navy not grey 🤣 the island looks too big and a waste of space.
Totally agree she would be a pain in the ass for her builders. The way she went on and on about the spotlights too, you can imagine it wasn't such an easy fix as she made out. I bet her builders were annoyed. I also imagine she could he very difficult and not as sickly sweet as she makes out.
Also, such a good point about the grease on the pendant lights, that's gonna be annoying as hell to clean!! I'm not a huge fan of those pendant lights tbh.

Oh, my dads an architect. Always told me sink against an outside wall and radiator under a window 👍

Reactions: 1
Maybe if she spent less time doing vlog updates and less time doing stories quietly so the builders don’t hear her and more time actually speaking WITH the builders then maybe she’d get what she wants before telling them to redo it. It’s not like she or Jon are out all day!! I would also hate to be her builder!!
Yes, I would want it perfect but then I wouldn’t have a pink island either....!! Maybe the builders heard her say it can paint the island’ and they thought she was planning to do the same in the utility too!! 😂😂

• Haha
They do keep making some bizarre mistakes though? Like that cupboard being the wrong type on the inside, putting the “snug’s” light socket too far from the door frame, having the fridge and freezer open with one door, rather odd! Although I’d be embarrassed to ask them to change it! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They do keep making some bizarre mistakes though? Like that cupboard being the wrong type on the inside, putting the “snug’s” light socket too far from the door frame, having the fridge and freezer open with one door, rather odd! Although I’d be embarrassed to ask them to change it! :ROFLMAO:
Yes totally agree! The cupboard I'd live with, my husband would not! The fridge freezer door thing was bad from a technical working point of view and temperature regulation etc. And there is no way that light switch was acceptable on any level!

I find her such an instagram cliche when it comes to interiors. Her style is heavily influenced by the trends, I know that the kitchen isn’t navy blue but it is very very close in shade and style. I’m just getting very bored of seeing the same colour palettes in all the insta homes-navy, charcoal, dusky pink 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes this!!!

She is incredibly influenced by interior accounts, a lot of her interior decisions have been based on style over substance. The tiny basin in the family bathroom comes to mind.
I think the whole remodel serves 2 purposes, content and keeping up with her peers.

Have to hand it to her, though: she's owning that pink island no matter what.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.