Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Katie but do agree. Her life does appear so perfect and the only thing she seems to ever feel down about is not knowing what to chat about in her stories or not being confident sharing an outfit she’s wearing.

It used to really annoy me but then I saw a post where she said something about how she had decided not to share the hard times as she wants to protect her kids and not have them look back at her moaning about them in years to come. So I guess that may be why her content is so perfect?

Reactions: 8
Sorry if this is not what you guys want to hear, but I feel like it's maybe relevant at this point in the thread.

There are always going to be people with more money than us, or a bigger house, or richer parents, or prettier children, or a better holiday. There are also people with way less money than us, people with husbands/partners who beat them, people who are homeless, etc etc. It's just life.

If watching someone on YouTube or instagram is genuinely making you feel sad and unhappy with your own life, it's maybe time to stop following them. Because your own self-esteem and mental wellbeing are really important, and too precious to allow them to become dented by what you're consuming on social media.

And no, before you ask, I"m not Katie, but I do watch some of her YouTube videos and I think she has way more integrity than the vast majority of mummy floggers.

Absolutely no offence intended by this post to anybody at all, I just felt saddened by what I'd read in some of the posts above.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
@Sleepdeprived85 I completely agree and I would never embarrass my children and husband on SM (eyes on you Brummy!) BUT she is just so glossy and its so damaging to Mothers who's children don't sit together nicely making daisy chains together with not a raise voiced in sight. I find her life is too edited and unrelatable. Its probably why her channel hasn't grown as quick as it should have

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this is not what you guys want to hear, but I feel like it's maybe relevant at this point in the thread.

There are always going to be people with more money than us, or a bigger house, or richer parents, or prettier children, or a better holiday. There are also people with way less money than us, people with husbands/partners who beat them, people who are homeless, etc etc. It's just life.

If watching someone on YouTube or instagram is genuinely making you feel sad and unhappy with your own life, it's maybe time to stop following them. Because your own self-esteem and mental wellbeing are really important, and too precious to allow them to become dented by what you're consuming on social media.

And no, before you ask, I"m not Katie, but I do watch some of her YouTube videos and I think she has way more integrity than the vast majority of mummy floggers.

Absolutely no offence intended by this post to anybody at all, I just felt saddened by what I'd read in some of the posts above.
I certainly don't feel jealous. I doubt very much it'll be all sunshine and roses behind closed doors. I find her too twee and sickly🤢

Reactions: 3
I think fair play to them. He seems to work hard. She does her job without selling herself out to every brand out there.

Reactions: 5
I think fair play to them. He seems to work hard. She does her job without selling herself out to every brand out there.
Yup. Both Katie and her husband are bright, and she'll subtly changed the name of all her platforms recently, which she said was a nod to the fact very soon her kids may not want to be involved. She's definitely planning long term, and she is more integral with her brand work.

Yup. Both Katie and her husband are bright, and she'll subtly changed the name of all her platforms recently, which she said was a nod to the fact very soon her kids may not want to be involved. She's definitely planning long term, and she is more integral with her brand work.
Yes I defiantly see that a lot these days.
More sit down videos
She doesn't overexposed the kids as much as the others.
She certainly never moans about them or gives away personal stuff about their friendships/school or health.
She's cautious over keeping where she lives exactly and the schools location private.
She's very professional / organised with great time management.

Reactions: 7
Yes I defiantly see that a lot these days.
More sit down videos
She doesn't overexposed the kids as much as the others.
She certainly never moans about them or gives away personal stuff about their friendships/school or health.
She's cautious over keeping where she lives exactly and the schools location private.
She's very professional / organised with great time management.
I've guessed where she lives, but that's because I know the area and recognised somewhere! But agree with everything else you say x

I like her, although she is a bit too cheery for me overall. She works hard, as does her husband. They have a lovely life, but I do think they work for it (not necessarily the free holidays mind you!)

I don’t agree that anyone should have to refrain from sharing their happy life or great pictures and captions in case it makes others feel bad. We shouldn’t have to edit our lives (any of us!) because of what others may think. There will always be someone worse off.

We all know that social media is the highlights reel, take it with a pinch of salt.

I've guessed where she lives, but that's because I know the area and recognised somewhere! But agree with everything else you say x
Same. Friends of mind children went to the same school (they are older so we're at senior school before Maddie started) but recognised the uniform and clues she gives out about it being a small church school.

I just feel so jealous and then I get cross with myself for feeling jealous. But we’re working so hard & im so tired, yet we have nothing left after rent & bills to afford anything like this. Nowhere even remotely close. To me, this is like looking at celebs houses in Hello magazine, yet it’s pitched as though she’s just a normal mum like the rest of us. I just feel defeated
Katie had a Public School education, her dad had/has a very successful business in a very lucrative market, don’t feel bad about yourself , I do like Katie and she is definitely one of the better insta mums but she has had a head start on most of us x

I actually think that she would have "more chat" if she dug a little bit deeper in life and stopped trying to portray a perfect life. Surely she has something going in it other than buying stuff? Something to offer? Advice to give? Opinions on things non materialistic?

Reactions: 4
She plays it very safe. So worried about offending or upsetting anyone that I don't know her views on anything other than diet coke, fajitas and her favourite chocolate bar. Love that she is honest about Ads, doesn't over expose her children and her husband has not because one of those annoying Insta Dad's but Christ Katie show us who you are occasionally and voice your opinion on something once in a while.

I really think they don’t need to budget, they just have plenty of money for it all. Which sadly makes it completely unrelatable for me. I find myself feeling terrible about the life I’m giving my children. All of their furniture is ancient & secondhand. We’ve not been on holiday & she’s always saying how travel enriched her children’s lives. Travel would be my passion too if I had any money

I understand what you’re all saying & I know deep down I probably should unfollow. I don’t know why I do it to myself. I do know that people have it better than me & of course, people have it worse. It’s diffixult to explain why it makes me feel so bad, but it does. The whole influencer situation makes me feel genuinely bad about my life & due to unforeseen circumstances, I can’t change my life. I am trying to feel better about it all but it’s hard. I don’t know what I’m trying to say really. Only that, I’m not bitter, but the instamums do have a negative effect on me. Also, I’ve unfollowed others that ruined my self esteem, but they pop up in your feed still in ADs, sponsored posts, even on tv & in magazines these days. It is harder to get away from the whole thing

• Heart
@Onthefence and that is the purpose of influencers, to make you feel that you would be happier if you brought all the stuff and went on all the holidays these pretend average mums 'just like us' have. It's because of them (not singling Katie out) that people are getting into debt for Disney holidays, bifold doors and f&b paint.
You just have to remember it is all make believe. They are basically actors in the Trueman show.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Onthefence and that is the purpose of influencers, to make you feel that you would be happier if you brought all the stuff and went on all the holidays these pretend average mums 'just like us' have. It's because of them (not singling Katie out) that people are getting into debt for Disney holidays, bifold doors and f&b paint.
You just have to remember it is all make believe. They are basically actors in the Trueman show.
Brilliantly put!

I hate these instamums who come on all like “so exhausted. Child isn’t sleeping and I have a mountain of jobs, just about made the school run. Where’s the coffee?” Try having a full time job with a family and a house and the rest of life to moan about you bunch of arrogant twats. 🤬

• Heart
I hate these instamums who come on all like “so exhausted. Child isn’t sleeping and I have a mountain of jobs, just about made the school run. Where’s the coffee?” Try having a full time job with a family and a house and the rest of life to moan about you bunch of arrogant twats. 🤬
I think that might be a little harsh to be fair. I had a full time job (in the armed forces too!) and a young family & honestly most of the time it was definitely less mental than being at home with the kids like I mainly am now🤷‍♀️

I actually think that she would have "more chat" if she dug a little bit deeper in life and stopped trying to portray a perfect life. Surely she has something going in it other than buying stuff? Something to offer? Advice to give? Opinions on things non materialistic?
I agree, she's just too much of a goody two shoes. She always toes the line, never says anything exciting, never rocks the boat. Is this woman for real🙄🙄. She's like bloody Saint Katie of the Kingdom of Boring 😴😴😴😴. Mind you she gets paid very well for being so boring and mundane🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.