Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m afraid that’s life! My mum raised me to be happy with what I have and not constantly look at what everyone else has. I think that’s the issue now a days everyone sees this life on Instagram and wants the same when really they should look at their own life and be happy with what they have. My life isn’t perfect, we moved in to our home almost 2 years ago and it’s taken us time to renovate as we are doing each room at at time. We haven’t been on any holidays during this time as we want to save money for the house but I couldn’t be happier as never did I think I would be able to buy my own home but I have! Think my point is enjoy what you have and if these bloggers/bloggers make you feel bad about your life unsubscribe and look around at the fab life you have!

Reactions: 8
Although Katie is one of the better floggers for Channel Mum it almost makes it worse as something doesn't ring true with what she says about how they pay for things.
She tries to give the impression that she is the average Jo but in the last couple of years she apparently saved up to have braces for her teeth at the same time moved house, replaced the windows, changed the conservatory roof and windows, made over the garden, renovated the bathroom and furnished and decorated most of the rooms as well as replacing some of the doors (they work out expensive you know when you add on all the fittings). At the same time going on a vast amount of holidays, which she does discover she gets parts of free or discounted but even so we must be talking about tens of thousand of pounds spent so the 'I'm just like you, a normal mum trying to makes ends meet' doesn't wash. And now we are meant to believe they are having to remortgage the house to do the kitchen when she probably has plenty of kindly gifted / collaborations lined up for the job. It's dangerous as for a while I felt I wasn't providing the best life for my family because I can't afford the same for my children.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A trip away every single school holiday and Disney World once a year is extravagant.

Reactions: 7
I’m afraid that’s life! My mum raised me to be happy with what I have and not constantly look at what everyone else has. I think that’s the issue now a days everyone sees this life on Instagram and wants the same when really they should look at their own life and be happy with what they have. My life isn’t perfect, we moved in to our home almost 2 years ago and it’s taken us time to renovate as we are doing each room at at time. We haven’t been on any holidays during this time as we want to save money for the house but I couldn’t be happier as never did I think I would be able to buy my own home but I have! Think my point is enjoy what you have and if these bloggers/bloggers make you feel bad about your life unsubscribe and look around at the fab life you have!
But why do you assume everyone has a fab life? For a start you have a house. I don’t have a house, so it’s easier for that not to affect you. I’m unable to save any money, there’s none to save. You sound very fortunate

• Heart
Reactions: 6
But why do you assume everyone has a fab life? For a start you have a house. I don’t have a house, so it’s easier for that not to affect you. I’m unable to save any money, there’s none to save. You sound very fortunate
Same for me. I live paycheck to paycheck. I work hard too but there’s literally nothing left after paying bills.

Maybe it’s perspective but from here, it is extravagant. I wish I could see redoing a great big house & going on American road trips as not being extravagant but it’s so far removed from my reality. I also don’t think Jon works harder than me or my partner, it’s obcuously just lucrative

Yes that’s what it is. I feel like I must be such a let down to my kids because if these other normal mums can live extraordinary lives then where am I going wrong? Once she’s not on holiday she is very downbeat about everything she does “we’re painting the fence, it’s all glamour here” so she doesn’t even seem grateful, no matter how many times she says in a caption that she’s grateful
Maybe it’s perspective but from here, it is extravagant. I wish I could see redoing a great big house & going on American road trips as not being extravagant but it’s so far removed from my reality. I also don’t think Jon works harder than me or my partner, it’s
Your right it probably is my perspective. I have 3 children as well and although we dont own our home (never been a massive priority although due to our circumstances changing slightly that will happen for us now in the next 10 years) any way we have always prioritised travelling and to do this we are strict with our budget (£100 a week for food and petrol and extras) but I guess for people looking into my life they think we are flush because we travel. And again maybe we are because i guess there are lots of people out there who budget the same and still dont have money left over. I dont know what I'm saying, I guess it is your right but we dont truly know what they have sacrificed to have these hols or also what I've noticed from my friends is how much their parents are involved with gifting money to them.

Please dont feel like your not good parents though all children need is parents to do there best and I'm sure you all are x

Reactions: 2
I do actually like Katie but I do think she needs to go “behind the scenes” a bit more and go into more detail about where she found flights, hotels, restaurants etc so that it’s not all sunshine and sand and wonderful!

Gosh that corner garden sofa is £1299!
Omg wow!! Whats wrong with one from B&M?! Haha. Where does she get her money from? Her channel is small and she isn't ad heavy. I understand Jon has a good job but how good??

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I just feel so jealous and then I get cross with myself for feeling jealous. But we’re working so hard & im so tired, yet we have nothing left after rent & bills to afford anything like this. Nowhere even remotely close. To me, this is like looking at celebs houses in Hello magazine, yet it’s pitched as though she’s just a normal mum like the rest of us. I just feel defeated

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I just feel so jealous and then I get cross with myself for feeling jealous. But we’re working so hard & im so tired, yet we have nothing left after rent & bills to afford anything like this. Nowhere even remotely close. To me, this is like looking at celebs houses in Hello magazine, yet it’s pitched as though she’s just a normal mum like the rest of us. I just feel defeated
I like Katie I think she works hard .
I think her husband earns a lot
They made some good equity on last house.
Her mother's quite wealthy.

But on the fence I think many feel like you at times it's hard not too.
At times Instagram can feel very depressing and we feel like we failing.
As long as everyone's loved/roof over head and food on table then it's all good I keep telling myself.
Comparison is the the theif of joy.

Aldi do similar for £280.

I'm hoping my husband can maybe make something similar as we need seating but can't afford any.

Last edited:
I like Katie I think she works hard .
I think her husband earns a lot
They made some good equity on last house.
Her mother's quite wealthy.

But on the fence I think many feel like you at times it's hard not too.
At times Instagram can feel very depressing and we feel like we failing.
As long as everyone's loved/roof over head and food on table then it's all good I keep telling myself.
Comparison is the their of joy.

Aldi do similar for £280.

I'm hoping my husband can maybe make something similar as we need seating but can't afford any.
Thanks Kermit. I appreciate that. Unfortunately garden furniture is out of our realm of possibilities this year, even the cheap one. It’ll have to be the picnic blanket again! X

Reactions: 1
Thanks Kermit. I appreciate that. Unfortunately garden furniture is out of our realm of possibilities this year, even the cheap one. It’ll have to be the picnic blanket again! X
I can let you know how well or badly the pallet furniture goes as we can get pallets for free but wood work not my husbands strong point.
One thing I wondered is can you use indoor furniture with outdoor paint?
As often on gumtree/ Facebook market place free or cheap.
Primark /home bargains do cool picnic blankets.
Our garden needs total landscaping which we can't afford to do so for now we trying to do the best we can and do what we can on the cheap.
Remember you not alone or in the minority many families just trying to do the best they can.

Hey, I totally get you mama! I am sure you’re doing an awesome job not at the expense of your children or privacy. It’s always been picnic blankets for us too. This year my hub had sold some stuff from one of his hobbies and we bought a table / 4 chair set in Asda for £80 . It might not be like life with oaks and olive customed long bench thingee or those fancy £400+ corner sets hardly any of these insta fakes even spend of their own money but it’s enough for my little family. 💗

I much perfer picnic blanket more chilled and my kids love it.

Reactions: 3
I have to be completely honest and say that Katie is the only instamum I feel jealous of. I don't envy the others but Katie seems to have the whole package. Great home, lovely kids and husband who doesn't seem like a dick compared to some of them 🤣 She is giving her kids the experiences I could only dream of.

And she just seems so genuinely bloody nice. I don't begrudge her any of it at all because of this, but yes, I do get the odd twinge of jealousy

Reactions: 21
My garden furniture was free and it’s fab! No I’m not an instamum but saw someone giving it away on Facebook.
Large table and 4 chairs. That dark grey rattan look with cushions. They were giving it away as had brought the corner sofa version.

Keep an eye on gumtree and Facebook local groups for bargains.

I think I find it upsetting because whenever she talks about how well they’ve done, she says about the ‘financial hardships’ they’ve had in the past & talks about 1 time when Jon was made redundant. But at that time, they owned their home. Her family lent them money for the mortgage & other stuff. So there was never really any jeopardy. They have such a big safety net. She has shown her mother’s property & her grandparents’ property online & let’s face it, they’re rich. They have land for heavens sake! So it’s unattainable to anyone average. Yet the way their life is presented is as if they’re your average family. I don’t like that I feel jealous but I can’t deny it

My garden furniture was free and it’s fab! No I’m not an instamum but saw someone giving it away on Facebook.
Large table and 4 chairs. That dark grey rattan look with cushions. They were giving it away as had brought the corner sofa version.

Keep an eye on gumtree and Facebook local groups for bargains.
I will so thank you! I have found furniture for free before just outside peoples homes too!
I much perfer picnic blanket more chilled and my kids love it.
Hopefully mine do too! Although I would quite like something a bit comfier!

Tbh she is starting to grate on me a little. She posts pics all time that are perfect with a mushy caption. Her pic this morning was her 2 children cuddling and Katie saying that she hasn't slept as they were musical bedding all night but its all worth the 1000s of yawns to see them cuddling🙄 is it really? She just over mushes everything about her kids and makes them and parenting seem so glossy and amazing and even if your kids are being little shits, it doesn't matter as they are so cute. Is that the real world?! I can definitely see why she makes mothers feel bad. I think that she massively over PR's her marriage and parenting. Never a bad day with her. Ever. Its unrealistic.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.