Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
M

Member 1126

Dear Teasmith we're running low on "essential gin" for our # Spon " Essentials For Moving Day Box"
Feel free to drop us by another one of those cheeky little bad boys, you know where we live, ( You Belter! ?) And if you could make it two ,that would be well deserved on our part as we've got a cheeky little give away to do shortly, ( not #spon or an ad, just because we love and appreciate all our sheeps ?)
Yours Cheekily Chappily As Always
Lee

PS Anyone out there that could maybe also "gift" us any stain remover, cleaning products, pink/grey paint( preferably high end, maybe some super cute #Farrow &Ball), decorating materials, #Elemis face cream to aid my "moving day tiredness",(obviously I will be SHATTERED) , a Ouija board and some holy water, I'll pop a link to our PO Box " down below". As Lee said there's still a tonne of stuff to fit in our "essentials" box ? and let's be HONEST, ( our everyday mantra ?) We've earned it ?
Appreciate you all as ever my lovlies
Much kindness and positivity
Reb

Reactions: 18

gypsymoth

VIP Member
Lol trolls because we have an opinion? Because we aren’t fawning all over them? Because we see through them? That doesn’t make a ‘troll’ ! Does it? No, I don’t think so love!

Also, we can care about brexit,nhs and our elderly family members as well as ‘be here’.... just the same as the fan girls have time to care about brexit/nhs/family AND have time to comment on the vacuous daily blogs! It’s easy!!

But.... why are you here? You could be on the phone to an elderly family member instead....

Reactions: 17

Sprocket

Chatty Member
I don’t look up to her at all.. also don’t see her as a ‘youtuber’ just someone that lives in the same town as me. As far as it’s woth (which doesn’t seem like it would be much on here) she & him (probably him even more so as he’s really sociable) are well liked locally & always comes across as a good mum/parents. I’m not sure who the other ‘locals’ are on here or how they’ve conjured up such opinions on them... maybe they just are in completely different circles.

I didn’t really even know sites like these existed so yes you’re right. It’s probably not for me.
Hi Cath ? ?

Reactions: 16

Peachbomb

VIP Member
Funnily enough I can manage to care about multiple things at the same time.
Discussing vloggers using their children to make money through advertising doesn’t stop me caring about the NHS.
(Also the nhs couldn’t run without migrants, a large proportion of medical staff are migrants, but this board is about the meldrums so not appropriate to debate that here)

Reactions: 15

mrsdewinter

I’m honestly baffled by threads like these. You are very invested in her every move. In a completely non offensive way what is the general age of people on these forums?

How do you all have time to post on so many different threads about so many people you enjoy to ‘hate watch’? Are you parents or teenagers (genuine question)
I'm baffled by your contributions to this thread. You've read the thread, you've commented on the thread, if it isn't your thing, just move along. You seem quite confused about what's an extremely basic concept. Youtuber makes a living from filming their family's lives and broadcasting them online. Viewers have opinions yet aren't permitted to express them on the Youtuber's platforms, so they come here to do so.

For what it's worth, I'm a 31-year old, degree-educated professional in quite a senior role, with a husband, gorgeous dog, lovely home, hobbies and active social life. No children yet - somehow all these Youtubers who profess to be living their dream mummy lives don't actually make it look as appealing as they probably think they do. I spend probably 10-30 minutes a day scrolling through online forums while I'm relaxing. It's no drag on my time, but thanks for the (faux) concern!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
From the Channel Mum Blurb:

Mrs Meldrum
“I'm Rebecca, stay at home mum to 3 gorgeous girls & full time youtuber! I live in the beautiful Scottish countryside & enjoy adventuring, drinking tea & shopping! Pottering at home with my family is where I'm happiest but we love to travel as a family & like to squeeze in as many holidays as possible! We have two channels, one for sit down videos covering fashion, interiors & parenting & one where we upload family vlogs 3 times a week showing a glimpse into real family life in Scotland!”

Drinking tea and flogging freebies from Primark, and Boden! Well I never knew these were considered hobbies ?
Granted, opening PR packages is full time work in itself, throw in 3 perfect children, a stay at home husband and endless free holidays how does one manage such a busy lifestyle.

Welcome to the meldrums tattle thread!!

The Meldrums Thread FAQ’s by @ZC772

A Tattlers Guide to Meldrums

1) Edgy - nickname for Rebecca given as when she wears her vans with the laces pulled really tight and tied with bunny ear loops she thinks she looks really cool and “edgy”.

2) Reb - nickname for Reb given as she wanted a cool nickname like Reb and not Beck or Becca growing up apparently.

3) Pat - nickname for Lee due to looking like Pat Sharpe. Also referred too as Pat the Twat.

4) Murder Mansion - they bought a house that had infamous history. A horrific murder took place in the house and a body was hidden in the shed.

5) DLP - in reference to the gifted not gifted we paid for it but we didn’t actually sorry we made a boob Disney Land Paris trip.

6) Mooch/Potter/Slow Day - Rebecca’s favourite pastimes.

7) weather reporting/power washing/ filming his kids dancing - Lee’s favourite pastimes.

8) curry soup, dippy eggs, picnic plates, salmon fillet for five, pork chop for five, checkpea salad, cocunt balls - the culinary delights served at Murder Mansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Interesting019

Oh no no no Rebecca. You didn't just say that!?
Well if that is really how you feel be authentic and do a grid post about it on Instagram. You are always looking for vlog ideas so a nice sit down video (chatty update) about how you feel you shouldnt have to declare yearly gifts from NEXT which total well over 1k to Mr Tax man. Tell your followers about why you think it is ok, that this is your job, this is just a small perk and how it is no different to a nurse who nurses people until they take their last breath then get #gifted a box of chocolates to share in the staff room as a thank you from the family. Tell your followers how you feel influencing vulnerable women who are new mothers into feeling they should have winter coats for the family which collectively cost more than £300, means that you deserve this freebie. Explain that to your followers and then see if you can get enough followers to reach 100k. Openly explain why you pay tax on so very little but you can afford a 550k house where wealthy oil executives live. Explain why today you thanked your followers for putting up with all your ad's recently and how you always try to choose brands which are a good fit but how something went wrong recently with vitamin adverising, then expand on that so we can gain clarity on the vitamin debacle.

Reactions: 12

Sabbie

VIP Member
Oh haha! We have the Concern Police in, everybody! Turn off your internet and go be good! Life is too short! :rolleyes: Surely Mrs Meldrum herself should bring up some of these "real issues" in the world in her videos instead of promoting dullard brands and splashing her kids all over the internets for cash. If that is what the concern is here...

I think it's time for me to go film my grandfather without full consent and make fun of him for social media giggles and snorts. After that I have to film myself speed clean my house while listening to Any Questions. :giggle:

Miss-jones

Chatty Member
Oh and another thing... as a parent I’ve always thought that Neilson holidays looked amazing!!! Unaffordable but amazing all the same ? surely I’m not the only one that would love my kids to be in kids club so I could read a book???
Is it strange that as a parent I like my children to be with me so we can explore where we’re staying and enjoy spending time together as a family? I thought that’s what all working families enjoyed about FAMILY holidays ? clearly I’m in a minority!

• Heart

Mabelrose

VIP Member
I’m honestly baffled by threads like these. You are very invested in her every move. In a completely non offensive way what is the general age of people on these forums?

How do you all have time to post on so many different threads about so many people you enjoy to ‘hate watch’? Are you parents or teenagers (genuine question)
More baffled as why you ask this question on a gossip forum? I see it as a place to be able to openly question YTubers with people who are not falling for all the crap they give out. It’s also full of comic gold.! You seem to like her so this is probably not the place for you. Please don’t take that in an offensive way, it’s just most on here are clearly not fans of her.

Bella Ciao

I'm baffled by your contributions to this thread. You've read the thread, you've commented on the thread, if it isn't your thing, just move along. You seem quite confused about what's an extremely basic concept. Youtuber makes a living from filming their family's lives and broadcasting them online. Viewers have opinions yet aren't permitted to express them on the Youtuber's platforms, so they come here to do so.

For what it's worth, I'm a 31-year old, degree-educated professional in quite a senior role, with a husband, gorgeous dog, lovely home, hobbies and active social life. I spend probably 10-30 minutes a day scrolling through online forums while I'm relaxing. It's no drag on my time, but thanks for the (faux) concern!
This! I’m always baffled that someone who looks up to a YouTuber takes the time to create an account on here and then try to question everyone. Why? Move along if you are a fan and don’t worry about this gossip forum if it’s not your cup of tea.

anony mouse

Chatty Member
Come on now these vloggers are saving our lives by letting us know that Next do unlimited delivery for the measly sum of £20 per year. Also the 7000 primark hauls and what they eat in a day are so helpful I don’t know what I would do without them. Who needs the nhs when we have vloggers. They are the hardest working group of people ever............:rolleyes:

Reactions: 11

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m new to this one thanks to a wonderful poster who directed me in her direction. I can’t even hate watch the Ingham lot for much longer so I needed to focus that energy on someone else and dear god have a found a new target?!
From the moment I heard the lovely lee calling the baby his chicken nugget I was a firm hate watcher.
How and why does she act so much older than she is, I find the whole perfect housewife act a bit creepy. I don’t expect her to be covered in Weetabix and crying into a glass of wine but there’s something very fake about her.
I feel like the channel mum lot are all the type to take a few sips of the “calpol” to make it though the day ?

A speed clean and date night.
How is she so obsessed with cleaning with 3 kids, I’m not saying it should be a mess but this vlog is her having a meltdown that her kids are kids.
She’s seriously giving me Giovanna Fletcher vibes.

• Angry
Reactions: 11

Yel

Chatty Member
Gosh what have I walked in on, it's like the plot in a straight to tv movie :eek:

Reactions: 10

Peachbomb

VIP Member
Why do vloggers often compare themselves to NHS workers?! Alfie deyes compared himself to a surgeon (and also Adele). They live in dillusion.

Even a primary school child knows you shouldn't ingore a wrong just because there is woorse happening in the world.

It's time all these vloggers that are breaking the law with not disclosing ads legally get held accountable.
Sure vlogging is almost the same as spending 5 years at university, 2 hospital foundation years and then another at least 10 years training to do a job with responsibility for people’s lives, where even when you get home of an evening you can get phoned at anytime to go back in and straight to theatre.
If they compare themselves to nhs staff they should be made to shadow them for a week.

F

FamHam

I’ve been reading all your comments and I can’t believe how sad you all are. There are some real issues in this world and you are more concerned on how a young family are making a living. Have you no shame. We have a government that is in turmoil with Brexit, a NHS on its knees. Our benefits system is a joke compared to other countries and you lot are concerned about a young family. They are trying to make a living the way they want. Why don’t you but your phones, iPad down and go and call a elderly relative who is lonely, spend precious time with your own family. Time is ticking we aren’t around for ever. Trolls isn’t a nice word. Remember that’s what you all are.
He Rebecca! Are you getting annoyed that people are calling you up on breaking the law and not disclosing adverts?

We can spend time with our family and also have time to gossip about online personalitys that are dishonest and slyly push products.

M

Member 1126

She is cold and I think that comes from a lifetime of being spoilt, cosseted and being the centre of attention. She is now absolutely self centred and ruthless to get what SHE wants ( eg third baby), except the You Tube dream/ empire hasn't quite panned out as she would have hoped, because actually she's, as has been said may times, essentially lazy and used to getting things handed over on a, preferably high brand, plate.
She didn't like it when her sister came along, no longer centre of parents' world, moved onto Lee whilst still at school. He probably couldn't believe his luck at hooking up with alpha, blonde, queen bitch and she thought " Hey look at me! Soooooooo mature, and a bit of a REBEL, boyfriend who isn't at school and is working"
Reb strikes me as one who always wanted to be ahead of her peers, older boyfriend, baby, house, fancy wedding, more babies but now we're running out of things to " achieve". Being a "celebrity" has pretty much failed despite trying to chum up bigger vloggers, making Lee give up work to build the empire and even selling any aspect of their life to the Daily Mail ? JUST NOT HAPPENING REB.( But I'm sure your flock of sheep will always be with you in their number somewhere around the 20k mark!)

Now we'll have the big house etc, but is she really happy? Doubt it and that she ever will be. She quite obviously wanted to be kept in the style to which she was accustomed, her parents' lifestyle, but on their own limited budget. She probably aspired to be a kept "Aberdeen Oil Wife", was never going to happen to her level of demand due to Lee's , self admitted, limited skill set. That bubble in the area is also well and truly burst, as many have discovered! I
I also find it interesting that the only female friends she seems to have are the wives' of Lee's friends, and yet she went to school and University locally. Think that speaks a thousand words, and as has been said Lee seems decent enough, if annoying and not particularly bright, and obviously keeps friends and adores " his girls" and if he's happy pandering to Princess Stroppy Pants, (#Spon size 6), with his testicles firmly in a " gifted" jar in Reb's "work" area then so be it.?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member 1126

mrsrmeldrum
Nothing brings me more joy than seeing my children enjoy a good home cooked meal!
Particularly one that comes out a # Spon Ella's Kitchen pouch, a # Spon Hello Fresh Box or from # Spon Just Eat ?

Mabelrose

VIP Member
All NHS staff beware if you are gifted chocolate, biscuits or gift cards. The HMRC will be after you for the tax. Haha!
As Reb herself would say....BORE OFF!!!! The NHS staff wouldn’t try and pretend they bought it!! Rebecca is nothing more than a marketing rep!! And at least NHS staff are doing something decent! What exactly does Rebecca bring to the table???

reader87123

VIP Member
Haha, what a pair of absolute plonkers! How on earth are they going to shift that house in the future with its history? No one would want to buy it apart from those two brainless muppets, hence why it was on the market for so bloody long. Lee was right, they could have held out and paid less for it. Also, if her parents have invested in it then they're just as stupid as she is - there's no way it will sell easily in future and it certainly won't make them any/much money either. There's nothing wrong with their current house - they could each have their own bedroom, decent size lounge, utility room, extra room/snug for visitors to stay, off road parking, decent garden, etc. She really isn't that bright at all, to have invested all the money in a new kitchen, snug/bedroom extension and then just to sell it... and for what? A creepy house with a horrible history next to her parents. Ridiculous. She's definitely the type of person that gets a bee in her bonnet and has to have her own way asap, then thinks about the consequences later. Oh well, not my problem :D I can't wait to sit back and watch this train wreck.

Reactions: 9