Mrs Meldrum #84 Kids in their rooms while she sips on tea, parenting’s easy, isn’t it Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you ever tried lulu lemon? Their prices are similar to SB. I have a few bits from there and find the leggings really good.
Mindy from this is how we Bingham the Utah vlogger swears by lulu. I did look at them on holdiay but didn’t try them on to find out

Gosh us bastards are all quite intelligent really! Dentists, teachers, nurses etc! Anyone would think we are not a bunch of idiotic bastard trolls but are in fact quite an intelligent bunch who see through bullshit & don’t like when things are unjust or influencers are pulling the wool over people’s eyes in the most awful of times. Good night you lovely lot 😀
Goodnight

Reactions: 2
Have you ever tried lulu lemon? Their prices are similar to SB. I have a few bits from there and find the leggings really good.
Yes I love Lululemon too! But I used to absolutely love popping in to my local Sweaty Betty branch for a chat with the ladies who worked in there. Too many lunchtime purchases though!

Reactions: 4
No they were very vague and gave some quizzical answer about different plains or something. I asked them for a outright answer; are you in paid collaboration? They replied yes.

I will leave it to the weekend to see if they have anything more to add.

I will certainly flag up the undeclared leggings and outfits which we have seen so far.
Next step ASA.
SB are massive as I’m sure you know (although over priced IMO) but they have a niche. That niche is not some dumb ass who thinks she burns 1000 calories in 20
Minutes. I expect, through work experience, that their socials are outsourced so it’s probably more effective to contact their marketing or comms dept ?

Reactions: 12
Lululemon are really good - also an Australian brand Lorna Jane has good tights too for similar prices. Not sure if they are in the UK.

these ads of Beggy’s are laughable - companies that have 600 followers on Instagram?
I feel like these companies sign up for some kind of marketing package and don’t actually know who their influencer is going to be. A quick google of Grabby & Pat Meldrum would surely turn anyone off.

TLDR;
Just sent this to click view:
Hello - I would be interested in using your resources for my 8 year old son. I just cannot get behind you whilst you are using Rebecca Meldrum to promote your program. A little due diligence on your behalf would have shown that she spends more time saying that they are actively avoiding school work. On top of previous actions that would be made clear with a google search. I sincerely ask that you reconsider your partnership - Whalar the agency used to source Mrs Meldrum has done you a huge disservice.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And we many professionals/ key workers\ normal full of part time worked in any job... full-time ... That she has NEVER done ( proper full time mum's who do the parenting without the teenage attitoooode of grubby... Hey teens often smelly ... Another likeness!!!. Kids annoying... School work... Naaahh. Ain't effing doing that... Slow day on ma phone ... Like...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Next step ASA.
SB are massive as I’m sure you know (although over priced IMO) but they have a niche. That niche is not some dumb ass who thinks she burns 1000 calories in 20
Minutes. I expect, through work experience, that their socials are outsourced so it’s probably more effective to contact their marketing or comms dept ?
Yes every reply says it’s been forwarded to their marketing department. The CS are just the messengers who don’t want to give a straight answer.

I have asked about the undeclared IG stories and wait to hear back. But you’re right, it may be quicker just to contact them.

I’m also in their Betty’s Facebook group which is full of their ideal client. These are educated, deeply kind and mainly career women who spend a lot of their hard earned money on looking good while they sweat (I like to snoop as they are also my IDC.) Rebecca Meldrum could not be further from their avatar is she tried.

Their clothes are very expensive in my opinion too but I receive an industry discount and stock up in the sales!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was considering getting some SB leggings but definitely won’t bother now!
I’ll check out Lulu Lemon, thanks 😊

Reactions: 9
look up Whalar on companies house & look at the net book value for the company on the most recent accounts (June 2019) - tells you all you need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Maybe a dumb question but how do they make sure they limit comments effectively - only followers can post? Or certain words omitted (eg "Mrs M"), surely there's still ways of getting around that :unsure:

So Tropics is her ‘job’ now. Well she is totally tit at that 20 comments on one her posts and not a single reply from Beggy. No engagement nothing. Just using the girls to promote her crap. No way would she bother doing a ‘spa’ night with them if she couldn’t film it and use it to promote her tropics crap.
How long will she stick with Tropics before moving on to the next fad. I reckon byJune it’ll be something else.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lululemon are really good - also an Australian brand Lorna Jane has good tights too for similar prices. Not sure if they are in the UK.

these ads of Beggy’s are laughable - companies that have 600 followers on Instagram?
I feel like these companies sign up for some kind of marketing package and don’t actually know who their influencer is going to be. A quick google of Grabby & Pat Meldrum would surely turn anyone off.

TLDR;
Just sent this to click view:
Hello - I would be interested in using your resources for my 8 year old son. I just cannot get behind you whilst you are using Rebecca Meldrum to promote your program. A little due diligence on your behalf would have shown that she spends more time saying that they are actively avoiding school work. On top of previous actions that would be made clear with a google search. I sincerely ask that you reconsider your partnership - Whalar the agency used to source Mrs Meldrum has done you a huge disservice.
Brandalley had Lorna Jane activewear on sale. Maybe check them out!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Before she has even posted the ad ... if we ever see it she is already getting backlash over her own doing ... why cant sweaty betty or her management tell her . She really shouldnt get away with this it's so wrong !! This is her job just go by the rules surely it cant be hard but then again with a past like hers ....

Before she has even posted the ad ... if we ever see it she is already getting backlash over her own doing ... why cant sweaty betty or her management tell her . She really shouldnt get away with this it's so wrong !! This is her job just go by the rules surely it cant be hard but then again with a past like hers ....
No it’s not hard to to label an ad an ad. She doesn’t care. She’s a narcissist.

As for companies, they pay a fee to Whalar to give them value for money and save them time. They don’t want to deal with people complaining and dealing with a backlash as they have paid for a service to avoid all of this.

Tbf it’s Whalar who are the numpties here. Companies aren’t going to spend their precious time scouring the internet checking influencers.

However I do believe SB have their own in-house marketing team who will actively source influencers who fit their brand. What has angered me is I have (and others I believe) pointed out what Rebecca has done and proceeds to do. Not only was it like getting blood out of a stone to get a straight answer (4 emails, 3 messages on social media) but if they proceed to continue their working relationship with her, they are knowingly supporting someone who goes against their whole “Betty” ethos. And that, in my eyes, is worse than anything.

But I am yet to get clarification if they do, actually agree if doxxing women who are voicing their educated opinions, locking their toddlers in their bedrooms or failing to label collaborations correctly, therefore breaking ASA rules. If they continue their working relationship with her or fail to reply to my last email, I will take it that they do.

Next time I will also flag up Lee sliding into said women’s inboxes in an intimidating manner.

I’m fed up of this tit. Like I said before, it’s 2020 and voicing opinions is not illegal. Tbh I don’t care how bad her skin is, how flat her bum is or how frazzled her hair is; I am far from perfect and I’m not here to judge. What I care about is transparency on both sides and companies (who‘s leading ethos is empowering women) are honest with who and why they chose their ambassadors. We deserve as women to make informed decisions on how we spend our money.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I don’t understand why these companies would work with her. Everything about her is lazy, unprofessional and she often can’t be bothered to spell check etc.
Emily Norris can be annoying with the number of her ads but at least she is professional in her approach.
Rebeggar would advertise a 💩if she thought she could make money.
Whalar appear to be a bunch of charlatans too if they are happy to take on someone as crap as Beggy. They don’t care what she puts out there as long as there’s a chance it’ll bring in some cash.

Reactions: 20
I don’t understand why these companies would work with her. Everything about her is lazy, unprofessional and she often can’t be bothered to spell check etc.
Emily Norris can be annoying with the number of her ads but at least she is professional in her approach.
Rebeggar would advertise a 💩if she thought she could make money.
Whalar appear to be a bunch of charlatans too if they are happy to take on someone as crap as Beggy. They don’t care what she puts out there as long as there’s a chance it’ll bring in some cash.
She basically did advertise a 💩 with those faecal bulk ads 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Off topic but not really, please do a background on Lorna Jane before buying any product. They are incredibly sizeist - advertising for receptionists and including the physical dimensions they must meet, have been accused of bullying and not paying models and other workers correctly.
I’m not saying do or do not buy but if sweaty Betty using an influencer like Beggy is a problem them Lorna Jane’s ethics could be too.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.