Mrs Meldrum #84 Kids in their rooms while she sips on tea, parenting’s easy, isn’t it Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's sooo ready for this lockdown to be over.🙄

Rebeggar m8. I've been stuck in my house and garden for 8 weeks now due to shielding. My kids have not left our property for the same length of time. Neither has my mum who lives with us just now. She hasn't seen my dad for the whole 8 weeks as it is too high a risk for me to introduce new people into our household. My husband leaves the house a couple times a week for shopping. When he comes home he basically has to disinfect himself. He doesn't come near me. We haven't slept in the same bed for 8 weeks. We haven't cuddled. It is for my protection because I am too high a risk. Now tell me how hard you've had it luv.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I see whaler have comments limited on their Mrs M post, I hope the home schooling ad gets pulled, crap advert and complete unbelievable that she has ever used that site

Reactions: 13
It’s up to the schools to follow up the school work with each family. but should have worded that better perhaps to say the council have the right to know what’s going on with someone Advertising for AD revenue suggesting you do something else. I’d possilvy take advice from a school teacher which I have seen online with friends worrying about their autistic child’s schoolwork. Another primary teacher has offered sound advice for that parent Outwith school time but has reminded them to call their own school teacher also.

She shouldn’t be using her platform to advertise anything else without clearance from them, knowing full well people are naive and she’s only doing it for the cash. Another parent I know has had the school calling her asking why she hasn’t logged in to do work with the children. And to complain about you I don’t have background evidence to do that as you don’t put your life online for all to see, and wouldn’t do that anyway. and as I said it’s up to the school to say something to each individual parent if there’s an issue. Again Sorry if it came across wrong but there’s two issues here.

Issue 1) What she is doing in terms of school work from the school, that’s up to the school to chase if any issues and not for me to report.

Issue 2) is her advertising school work outwith the school programme without any background in education. That’s the issue the council should know about as it’s all for cash and nothing to do with her wanting to help any parents. You’ve seen her AD she’s not engaging with anyone and she doesn’t care She just wants the 💰
What anyone is doing in regards to the school work given by the school is not for anyone to check up on. Including the teachers. The only thing the teachers need to check is the welfare of the children. I.e if they don’t check in or have not heard from them for a few days then they will make contact with parents to do a welfare check. But not a check on how or what work the children are doing. Parents are well within their rights to do none of the school work if they so choose, despite it not being in the child’s best interest. Parents are not teachers.

Parents giving school work out with the allocated work by the teacher is also very acceptable without any background of teaching. Many parents are choosing apps, games etc that help, despite it not being what the teacher has provided. The council do not need to know about this.

With that said, I agree she should not be advertising this. Because I don’t think she should be advertising anything to anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
After many vague messages back and forth I have received clarification that she is, indeed, in paid partnership with Sweaty Betty.

I am so disappointed. How can they sell T-shirts with “women supporting women” blazened across the front, yet think that using Rebecca Meldrum is appropriate? A woman who doxxes other women and think that a racist remark can be swept under the carpet?

I choose where my hard earned money goes. I choose ethical businesses. I will not be lining the pockets of companies who knowingly pay money to people like her.

My own company newsletter is going out at the weekend to over 1k subscribers who know me, trust me and have worked personally with me. They know how much I love SB - I bloody live in their clothes! I will be sure to highlight what such companies stand for and why I will no longer be buying from them.

Totally disgusting and immoral.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
My husband is a dentist - does that mean that because I have spent 20 years listening to stories about procedures, equipment, research and have helped out at reception in his practice that I can fill peoples teeth? No! She knows feck all about education and it is this kind of attitude that makes already undermined and unappreciated and unsupported teachers so demoralised that they are leaving the profession in droves. Gardenflower2 If you can’t do all the work then teachers totally understand and we really appreciate it’s bloody hard. But don’t just choose a totally different approach because you can’t be arsed to remember a bloody password Rebecca! Because you know who will suffer - that’s right - your children! She is a lazy article - I am raging! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh and believe me I could tell you word for word the procedure to take out a tooth - husband loves his job bless him the wierdo! Lol!!!
This cracked me up. I am a dentist and I can confirm I am also a weirdo who loves my jobs. I spent an extra wee minute looking at my 4 year olds teeth today after brushing them, she sat up and said “oh mummy you really do miss teeth don’t you”. It’s sad but true. My poor husband has to sit through the same as you. Am guessing your husband is also stuck at home frustrated he can’t help his patients? Sorry for the random dental chat everyone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Jeez just caught up, she’s doing an Ad for a company with 700 Instagram followers. How the mighty have fallen.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I feel so privileged tonight. I’ve joined the exculsive club of the people who have been blocked by Mrs Meldrum 😀. All because I liked a post on Instagram on Click View Educations page today. A couple of comments on their were complaining how they didn’t understand why they were using her.
How sad and boring must her life be when she must sit there of a night checking comments and blocking people.
Well Rebecca I’ve got another Instagram account and I might just follow you on there 😂 just to watch your cock up after cock up 😂😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
After many vague messages back and forth I have received clarification that she is, indeed, in paid partnership with Sweaty Betty.

I am so disappointed. How can they sell T-shirts with “women supporting women” blazened across the front, yet think that using Rebecca Meldrum is appropriate? A woman who doxxes other women and think that a racist remark can be swept under the carpet?

I choose where my hard earned money goes. I choose ethical businesses. I will not be lining the pockets of companies who knowingly pay money to people like her.

My own company newsletter is going out at the weekend to over 1k subscribers who know me, trust me and have worked personally with me. They know how much I love SB - I bloody live in their clothes! I will be sure to highlight what such companies stand for and why I will no longer be buying from them.

Did they have anything to say regarding all her duck ups? Do they care that she’s breaking the ASA rules by not declaring the items as gifted?
When she puts the advert out it’s going to boot clean off all over Instagram- wonder how vague they will be then?!

Reactions: 8
They're jumping the gun a bit with this aren't they? They know it will be pulled shortly.

I feel so privileged tonight. I’ve joined the exculsive club of the people who have been blocked by Mrs Meldrum 😀. All because I liked a post on Instagram on Click View Educations page today. A couple of comments on their were complaining how they didn’t understand why they were using her.
How sad and boring must her life be when she must sit there of a night checking comments and blocking people.
Well Rebecca I’ve got another Instagram account and I might just follow you on there 😂 just to watch your cock up after cock up 😂😂😂.
Get some lipstick on and dance round the kitchen to celebrate good times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Ffs I love SB for my gym stuff which I have lived in nearly everyday of lockdown. I was about to place another order of a few things just as Rebs got her gifted leggings. Usually I’m that bothered about influencers getting gifted items etc etc but I think I’m going to contact SB & definitely not place my order. Just out of curiosity any other brands you’d recommend? I love SB power leggings as they actually stay up when squatting etc

Reactions: 4
Did they have anything to say regarding all her duck ups? Do they care that she’s breaking the ASA rules by not declaring the items as gifted?
When she puts the advert out it’s going to boot clean off all over Instagram- wonder how vague they will be then?!
No they were very vague and gave some quizzical answer about different plains or something. I asked them for a outright answer; are you in paid collaboration? They replied yes.

I will leave it to the weekend to see if they have anything more to add.

I will certainly flag up the undeclared leggings and outfits which we have seen so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

But no labelling of paid partnerships?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Ffs I love SB for my gym stuff which I have lived in nearly everyday of lockdown. I was about to place another order of a few things just as Rebs got her gifted leggings. Usually I’m that bothered about influencers getting gifted items etc etc but I think I’m going to contact SB & definitely not place my order. Just out of curiosity any other brands you’d recommend? I love SB power leggings as they actually stay up when squatting etc
I quite like some of the new balance ones. They stay up ok.

Reactions: 2
Yes do contact them! I’ve never contacted a company before in this capacity but it’s just outrageous. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but knowing that they are fully aware is just immoral. I’m no snowflake - I understand the ways of the world and “business is business” but this is 2020 ffs, and here’s a company promoting sisterhood and female support and yet they choose, knowingly, to use such an ambassador.

I’m yet to find a decent company but I will surely shout from the rooftops when I do!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have you ever tried lulu lemon? Their prices are similar to SB. I have a few bits from there and find the leggings really good.

Reactions: 7
Gosh us bastards are all quite intelligent really! Dentists, teachers, nurses etc! Anyone would think we are not a bunch of idiotic bastard trolls but are in fact quite an intelligent bunch who see through bullshit & don’t like when things are unjust or influencers are pulling the wool over people’s eyes in the most awful of times. Good night you lovely lot 😀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Did she ever say what happened with Channel Mum?
She claimed that it was a mutual decision that she left them, said that it had just come to an natural end as she was moving more away from being a mummy vlogger......

Load of horseshit of course but she’s never going to tell the truth about it, or indeed anything else.

She’s nothing but a deceitful, conniving, con artist.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.