Mrs Meldrum #7 Bad Boy #Gifted Hobbit's Seen Rockin' Around The Shire? Whatever #Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ASA are a shambles. I’m not surprised by the response. Their rulings seem to go against everything in their influencer guide. Which they don’t even reference in their response?! So odd. The control element is a very grey area. It means a brand can have underhand advertising as long as they don’t approve the posts first. But they know by paying an influencer with a ££££ trip to Disney they’re going to get positive brand promotion (especially with someone like Mrs meldrum who’s job it is to attract brands so she can earn a living). Something needs to be done about this. Across the board. Not just with the meldrums. It’s all so shady.

Reactions: 10
They can’t be that smug, unless they’re totally stupid. Remember how many hits this thread is getting every day. So even if the ASA lack any power, plenty of people are getting wise to what they’re doing from reading this thread alone. Lack of transparency and honesty may not cost them a ticking off with the ASA, but it will cost them their follower’s trust. As is beginning to be shown.

Reactions: 11
It might not breach the guidelines but it has breached the trust of a lot of her audience. Which is maybe worse. *cross post with MrBull, great minds etc!*

Reactions: 14
If R&L are reading this thread then they must spend all day doing so as I just can't catch up and am still on the old thread but then I do work full time so maybe that's why.

Reactions: 4
It might not breach the guidelines but it has breached the trust of a lot of her audience. Which is maybe worse. *cross post with MrBull, great minds etc!*
Agreed. Not an easy thing to win back.

Edit to add - not just the meldrums either. There’s a few lately doing the same that I’ve gone right off. ‘All that’s Pretty’ is one. Seems to have been a change in her content since she quit her job and went full time instamum. Lots of ‘af’ links to Boden in particular (fine, but just declare them properly for what they are).

Reactions: 4
The ASA are pants and channel mum know it. They wriggle out of anything to not take any action.

I had a reply from next complaining that she was advertising next day delivery that doesn't cover her area. Got a reply that doesn't even relate to what I said. I wouldn't shop with next again.

I'm very sorry that you feel this way in regards to our delivery service but it does state in our terms and conditions that next day delivery is not guaranteed. We try and aim for next day delivery but not all of our parcels are delivered the next following day and we can only apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Still no reply from Tesco, that's bad.

Reactions: 2

Edit to add - not just the meldrums either. There’s a few lately doing the same that I’ve gone right off. ‘All that’s Pretty’ is one. Seems to have been a change in her content since she quit her job and went full time instamum. Lots of ‘af’ links to Boden in particular (fine, but just declare them properly for what they are).
Why do they all loose thier tit over Boden and bloody Joules?! It’s tit! It’s boring, generic over priced crap that you see on post menopausal women on holiday. It’s absolute crap and is the uniform of the “rah” club. (No offence to any ladies in their 40s. You are awesome - just hate Boden/Joules!)

Reactions: 7

This is the reason I’ve unfollowed loads of accounts - once they become full time ‘instamums’ (?) they become so unrelatable and reliant on doing adverts as it’s their income. It’s not real life anymore just one big advert. Martha’s happily ever after is another one, although her content isn’t so ad heavy (plus I like her interior style) I like Carys Chapman, again have noticed some adverts though, I don’t mind some, and her ones do actually ‘fit’ her style not just flogging any old crap for £££. Most of the accounts I follow now are interior accounts, and they don’t seem to be so ad heavy

Reactions: 3
The ASA are pants and channel mum know it. They wriggle out of anything to not take any action.

I had a reply from next complaining that she was advertising next day delivery that doesn't cover her area. Got a reply that doesn't even relate to what I said. I wouldn't shop with next again.

I'm very sorry that you feel this way in regards to our delivery service but it does state in our terms and conditions that next day delivery is not guaranteed. We try and aim for next day delivery but not all of our parcels are delivered the next following day and we can only apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

I Never even thought about this...I’m in the same area and yes we don’t get next day delivery. It was the same with Just Eat..I can’t think of any food places round here that use it ?

Reactions: 3
The old saying “money isn’t the root of evil, GREED is” sums them up perfectly in my opinion.

Reactions: 6
Why do they all loose thier tit over Boden and bloody Joules?! It’s tit! It’s boring, generic over priced crap that you see on post menopausal women on holiday. It’s absolute crap and is the uniform of the “rah” club. (No offence to any ladies in their 40s. You are awesome - just hate Boden/Joules!)
Not a massive Joules fan but Boden kids clothes are ?

That’s such an automated response from Next. Contact their PR dept if you want an appropriate response. Here’s an email address - [email protected]

Or even tweet them - it’s amazing how effective that can be.

Reactions: 5
I always see Joules for sale in garden centres and wonder who buys it. Each to their own but its not for me.

I Never even thought about this...I’m in the same area and yes we don’t get next day delivery. It was the same with Just Eat..I can’t think of any food places round here that use it ?
There isn't any, only options are to order for collection from Peterculter! To go there they would be ignoring several takeaways much closer to them. Not entirely sure what Just Eat are thinking paying them to advertise another service they can't get
Screenshot_20181121-125722.jpg
Screenshot_20181121-125722.jpg

Reactions: 1
I see Joules as a brand for older women, 50+.

It’s all a bit gilet and scarves!

I also predict a David Lloyd or Kippie Lodge spon/gift being behind her “first workout in a gym since she was 17”. Will wait and see. ???‍♀

Confession: I just walked the dog in a joules gilet and scarf (not a joules scarf I hasten to add, I have some limits) ?
Edit to add: it was me wearing the gilet and scarf. Not the dog. Just to be clear.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I also predict a David Lloyd or Kippie Lodge spon/gift being behind her “first workout in a gym since she was 17”. Will wait and see. ???‍♀
Yep 100%
She had said, on several occasions, that she hates the gym, has no interest in going to a gym or to see a PT, couldn’t think of anything worse etc etc etc
Interesting that now, all of a sudden, she’s going to a gym..
4 weeks before xmas

Ah
But it’s about 7 weeks until the massive push by gyms/fitness clubs to get people through the doors -new year, new me bullshit.

Il eat my shoe of this doesn’t end up being some sort of ad, gifted or sponsor deal....

Just wait for the cheesy photos of them going to the gym, lots of ops for afilated links for gym paraphernalia....

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.