Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marsh Pit

So glad I've found this thread!!
I've been a follower of Mrs Meldrum for years, I'm now very embarrassed that I've fallen for her marketing. She's just another Juice plus or Arbonne.
I've commented on her posts so many times and she's never bothered to ever reply even though she doesn't get that many messages.
All I said is something like it would be good to make it clear what is paid for content so it was transparent. She never replied and blocked me! Then went on about she had to block lots of trolls. I was not a troll I just wanted transparency on what was adverts.
I created a new ig account and I've been really ashamed at how childish she acts.
Today pushed me over the edge. Yes I have had a hard life, I don't go on about all my hardships I just try to make the best with what I have. She was so insulting. I now see her as someone that has had everything given to her and is very lacking in life experience.
I wasn't a troll or a twat for wanting to know what was paid for content. I fell she wormed her way into many women's lifes, pretended she was our friend but all she ever cared about is selling us stuff. Unless we say she's amazing all the time we are trolls. She made me feel even worse as an adult, showing me this lifestyle that I could never achieve and like I was failing my family. Now I see she just takes freebies of any companies to achieve the lifestyle.
Now when I see her all I see is someone ruthless that will sell anything to anyone and doesn't care if it makes them feel inadequate. I may not have much. But I have my dignity, thats priceless and can't be bought by anyone.

Reactions: 54

Ezra84

I’m actually getting bored of this. Anyone else?
I have a bloody great life. I’ve just bought a 250k brand new house with (not as many bedrooms as you Rebecca) 4 bed bedrooms. You know what though? I’ve worked my bloody ass off for it. I’ve had cancer and many many other illnesses. I’ve suffered and never thought I would ever get something this amazing. I deserve it. And so does everyone else that works hard and treats others well. Whatever you have or don’t have doesn’t mean you need to put someone down. I am (and I don’t think anyone else here is either) here to put you down. Do your job, make your money, have your fancy house and everything else your “hard” work has given you. However do NOT lie to people and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. I have my own (fairly sucessful) business and if I treated my customers in the way you do I wouldn’t last longer than a week. So do yourself a favour and learn the lessons pronto or you will regret it.
Never forget where you started and who got you there. No 100k follower package will stop that!

Reactions: 41
M

Member 177

18 months ago I worked with a researcher from The Wright Stuff about some slogan clothing in supermarkets. Yesterday I got in touch with them again wondering if they would like to discuss the ethics of channel mum and directed them to this thread. I'll just say her "business" is now on their radar and could be a discussion in the near future.

Reactions: 35

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Welcome Meldrum’s.
Grab those Wine Gums, light the fire and get cosy...
Have a Potter or a mooch around and enjoy your new thread.
And the rest of you trolls.... sheep.... normals and un-normals. ?
Enjoy

EDIT: thank you
@Kermit A BELTER OF A WELCOME TO ALL HOBBITS! Please put your cigarettes out at the door mind ? were a squeaky clean family thread here ?

This thread is not sponsored or gifted. All content is free. Enjoy it ??‍♀

Last edited:
Reactions: 33

DaizyMaizie

VIP Member
Thinking about what Mrs M said and making fun of viewers saying they must have hard lives (seemingly the trolls). Maybe one poor new mum was watching her and got depressed watching how she managed to obtain all the things she gets and they felt inadequate. Mrs M, You seemingly work for channel mum who promote good mental health and support to other mums. Maybe a mum has got fed up of your shadyness and doesn’t troll you but ask genuine questions, yet you blocked her for having an opinion yet now you feel the need to ridicule and call them names.....yeah some maybe have hard lives, but it makes me sick to my core that you finds it funny to make fun of someone with a hard life. Go work in cornhill hospital for a while Rebecca and see what hard lives can do to people and see if you come out laughing then. Hang your head in shame gloating about the perfect life.....you don’t know when your one could go all pear shaped.

Reactions: 32

Nicolej33

I was laughing at her saying we have sad life's. My husband owns his own business (he actually works hard physically grafting sometimes 7 days a week and employs two other men) is far, far more attractive than her hobbit husband. Tall, dark and handsome. I work too and we own our four bed house which was no where near as expensive and nicely decorated.

My children have privacy and their parents time without their phones constantly shoved in their faces and made to perform like performing seals for ads for us to pay the mortgage. They know when you go into a shop you pay!!! Their childhood aren't being pimped out for the most shittest ads. I treat them all equally.

We have great social life's and holidays, we provide for us through our own hard work not brands giving us freebies and paying us to rip off vulnerable mothers who have been taken in by her fake act that she's just like them and a friend so listen to what she says. For her to then go sell the things on eBay or the local selling group, never reply to their comments unless it's sucking up her arse and block anyone who questions her even women who have followed her for years as shown by the newbies (welcome)

Shame on you Rebecca you don't enjoy debate you block anyone who politely asks you about labelling things even loyal followers of years. What a nasty little dictator.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31

Nickykelmo

I don't get it....

Reb, multiple times: "sorry for all the adverts, I promise we'll get back to normality soon"

*amount of ads increase exponentially*

Viewers: "I think you are doing too many ads"

Reb: "stop trolling me, haters"

Reactions: 31

FarmWifeLife

Newbie here. Been keeping up for a while after Reb mentioned trolls and I searched the internet as she had deleted comments so I had no idea what was really going on. Then found you guys and wow my eyes are open. Not trolling at all just trying to get transparency in the world of social media "influencers" I watched her Insta stories just now with a whole new mindset and now instead of believing people are trolling her (like a silly ?) it's people like you battling her comment police to get her to be honest.

Reactions: 30

XxeimaxX

Now I'm no troll but this is my opinion and what I think of it all. I started watching rebecca 4.5 years ago while I was pregnant with my second I stumbled across a baby changing bag review and since then watched practically every video up untill around 4 months ago. The thing that did it for me is the free holidays now maybe people would say I'm jelous and actually I am only human so yes It would be a lie if i didn't say I was jelous but there getting numerous free holidays/stuff while I go to work every evening and most weekends work extremely hard for my money and don't get to put my children to bed at night or have a "night time routine" because I'm hard at work making sure I can pay my bills at the end of the month. I work for the NHS and have a good hourly rate however I never have extra cash to put aside and save for a holiday, yet there's the Meldrums who have the best of the best, go to bloody America for a couple of weeks and then make numerous trips to Europe all in 1 year. Actually made me feel like pap. I decided to unfollow and unsubscribe to them because I figured my subscription is giving them the money they don't deserve. Yes they make videos and put their whole life on social media but call me old fashioned that is not a job, working in the comfort of your own home while never having to find childcare and always having your children around not missing a single aspect of them growing up. The most annoying thing is her channel is still growing HOW? Maybe I'm a bad person for being so bitter but surly these talentless people do not deserve non of the things that are gifted. Call me a troll if u wish but this is just a general real human being opinion.

Reactions: 29

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
If she calls me a twat can I accuse her of cyber bullying and report her to the police....you know how easy IP addresses are to find Rebecca...

Oh wait, you're so thick we all know where you live, where you shop and where your kids go to school. No IP address sleuthing needed there.

And if being a mature, hard working person, who is conscientious of her childs safety and security, earns a living in a job I love, who doesn't need to scrounge freebie holidays and clothes, who helps others and sees through your greedy ways means I'm a troll and a twat....then I'm happy to be that!! I'd rather be a twat than a Meldrum

Reactions: 27

fmmac

Well kids grow up and what makes their faces light up now may cause them major embarrassment in a few years.
I can remember being so embarrassed by baby photos being seen by my friends, this is photos and videos being seen by thousands of people.
What happens if they don’t want to do it anymore but the parents do?
What if they want the images removed?

I’ve said this before but I would be really concerned about strangers possibly approaching my children, knowing their names etc, especially if I wasn’t with them. It could easily happen with a grandparent or friends or when they are older if they were on their own.
I live two streets over from a instamummy-vlogger (also from Aberdeenshire ??) and I'm just a casual viewer but I know exactly where she lives, what her children's names are, where they go to school etc. I saw one of the children walking home from school the other day and it's scary to think that, as a complete stranger, I know so much about this child. Probably enough to convince her that I know the family. The security implications of this are horrifying !!

Reactions: 25

Mumof3withnovlogging

I have 3 children and mine are younger than hers, mine are 4, 3 and just under a year old. So I only have 1 at school and then the middle one has a few sessions at nursery and pre school a week. I literally do not stop! How on earth does she bleat on about being so busy and so tired when she’s sat down with a cuppa watching I’m a celeb?!! I get up at 6am every morning to get all 3 children dressed and breakfasted ready for the school run (my husband leaves for work at 6am so I do it all on my own), get back from school and pre school drop off at 9:30, put youngest down for a nap so then I have about 1-1.5 hours to get on with any house chores, life admin and any work I have as I work for 2 charities (unpaid!!). Then play with youngest for a bit when he wakes before preschool pick up at 12:15, then lunch. Playtime, afternoon nap for youngest and play with middle, then school pick up at 3:10 and off to whichever after school club my eldest has on which is ballet and tap on Wednesday’s. Back home for tea then play and reading her school books with eldest then bath and bed. Then back downstairs at 7:30 to cook tea and wash up before my husband gets home around 8. If I’m lucky I’ll finallg sit down around 9pm for a rest!!

This is my life everyday. I wouldn’t change it for the world and I know how lucky I am to be able to be a stay at home mum and I know I push myself to the limits taking on extra unpaid charity work but I need it to keep me sane and do something for me. But how anyone can call what Reb does relatable I don’t know, she honestly wouldn’t hack a normal life for a day!!

Reactions: 24

Stabby the unicorn

At least we now know Mr M has a small one. If she thinks this looks like a penis she's been missing out for years and years.
Screenshot_20181124-142017.png

Reactions: 24
N

NellieOleson

Thread 5 = 115k
Thread 4 = 108K
Thread 3 = 123K
Thread 2 = 100K
Thread 1 = 202K

Total = approx 793K views over all the threads.

Just a few more than 15 people.

Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Dear Meldr-ADS and Meldr-AD sheep.
Hobbits and “None normal” posters alike.
Oh And Casper ?

Can we all make a deal.
The people who come on to troll or flame threads.
Those who come on with “why are you obsessed/get a life” nonsense

Can we agree to just ignore them instead of seeing who can do the most passive aggressive reply to them.
They’re not worth it and it derails the whole thread and makes it difficult to read.

It’s what they want and people seem to fight to respond to them.
If it’s a valid comment to reply to go for it!!!!
But the silly comments should just be ignored.
Just my opinion!!! Not dictating anything!

I’m just seeing sooooo many replies to the same trolls and it’s not worth it unless they’re raising valid arguments.
It just makes the whole thread difficult to read.

Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
How long before she cries anxiety again and needs a break, before the sheep bleat all their sympathy against the trolls. Shame they label anyone with a constructive criticism of The Meldrums as a troll. As for bullying, I'd say right now Reb is the biggest bully, name calling, really? Twats, what lovely classy language! Such a fantastic representation for Costa! Tempted to take the screenshot and ask Costa directly if thats the kind of advert they paid for! She's a mess. Stop throwing your toys out the pram Rebecca and be a grown up!

My truth... like Laura Lee.
Only faker.

“I’ve held off doing this upload and I’ve filmed it 13 times now I’m so nervous and keep muddling over my words... ? (nervous fake giggle)
But this last few weeks, since the move and our magical holiday at Disney I’ve had such an overwhelming wave of depression and anxiety you guyzzz.
There’s a group of people out there who are doing everything in their power to destroy me and my wonderful life and my Mcnugget snack box family (they also don’t click my affiliate links guys, who the fuck doesn’t click my links.. TROLLS!)
Every day they target myself and Meldrum, and it’s making it so difficult for me to look at myself in my #Spon #Next mirror because I’ve started to realise what a little #Ad whore I’ve become.
Granted it’s not gonna make me change my ways ??‍♀ I’m not about that life.. Scammer mum hate channels with morals.

Instead il just set the sheep on the “haters” and hopefully get a few more spons if I whip out the anxiety card.
(mind must need a new ambassador soon, zoella is so 2017)
Can everyone please go and attack those who call me out on my bull shit because nobody likes to admit they’re in the wrong.
And I sure as hell won’t.
With my Rinse and Repeat content or with The “Hague Blue” Basic Bitch sitting room colour.
Also if you could just type some random shit down below and go over to my Instagram and do the same..
Because if you haven’t noticed I keep trying to push that Instagram lately, it’s where most of my brand content is!!!
Thanks guys, you’re all the best.
Now go away...
I’m too anxious to reply to anyone but just know you’re interaction is so important to me, Chicken Royalee, the Nuggets, and the brands I want to pimp my family out to.

Reactions: 22
N

NellieOleson

Didn’t one of the admins say how many views these threads were getting? It was a lot.
You can see on the front page of the site. This thread has had 46k views so far and the last one had 99k views.

We may be able to take our Hobbits to Disney if it carries on at this rate ;)

Reactions: 21