Mrs Meldrum #67 On the first day of Christmas Mr Meldrum sent to me, a creepy direct message

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s Tuesday so presumably Poppy is in nursery, the older two are at school, Lee and Beggy are at home with no real work to do and Christmas is two weeks away. Most couples would be rushing round catching up on jobs, deep cleaning/decluttering/tidying, getting as much of the Christmas and ‘life admin’ done as possible. These two muppets are sat on their arses, watching tv. How does she have the brass neck to moan about being overwhelmed by all she has to do? So busy and stressed she has had to cancel the elf on the shelf as it’s just too much to deal with. So relatable 😡
She (almost) makes me laugh with her ‘I’m just so busy’ rubbish 😂
I also can’t believe she has taken the elves away! She said that her eldest was waking up early every morning with excitement - is the whole point of the elves/the Christmas period not to make it magical and exciting for kids?!
I wouldn’t dream of taking something away from my kids that they were so excited by, just to get a bit of extra sleep. Selfish doesn’t even come close 🙈

Reactions: 24
Anyone else also think it was lee that was actually doing the elf on the shelf stuff anyway and now that he’s going back off shore tomorrow Rebecca just can’t be arsed carrying on with it?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I don’t blame them in the slightest for dropping that little hole elf. This is the first year ours hasn’t turned up and I’m so bloody relieved. My kid gets much too overexcited with it all. We also have a puppy now and she would have ravaged the wee sod.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I don’t think it’s really about the elf...it’s just another thing she can’t be arsed with.
She moans about how “busy” she is but she’s never done a proper days work in her life.
The thought of 5-10 mins a night sorting a elf out ..is too much hard work for her.

I don't do the elf because I work full time and I know I'd forget to move it, she's got no excuse really. Once you start it you should at least commit to it for those 3 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We don’t have the elf becuase I can’t be fucked with bleeping about with another bleeping thing before I put my arse to anchor of an evening. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
So wrapping 3 Christmas presents is a wrapping marathon? Wow try wrapping 20 odd in one go that’s just your kids then having families to wrap as well took me ages but Christmas music and a hot cuppa tea got me through 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My kids are older now, I bloody would have loved Elf on th shelf!!😂🤣😂 but then I suppose I’m at the other end of childhood and looking back it really does go by soooo quickly, I loved the whole ‘magic’ of believing yuuuuuurs.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wonder if she's written on the gift tags who kindly gifted the presents to the girls . NOT .

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My kids are older now, I bloody would have loved Elf on th shelf!!😂🤣😂 but then I suppose I’m at the other end of childhood and looking back it really does go by soooo quickly, I loved the whole ‘magic’ of believing yuuuuuurs.
You’re so right. Mine are just at the “might not believe stage”. There was no writing of letters this year. But I’m like “Santa is having a f*cking snack and you will go out in oversized wellies and sprinkle f*cking reindeer dust, you’ll get bl00dy excited at your Santa pyjamas and we will be watching Polar sodding Express just like mummy Bl00dy well did when she was your age!!!”

It’s called Christmas traditions Begs...you teach it to your girls, they do it with their kids etc. And it’s actually Bl00dy lovely. You should try it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The Elf thing is bloody unbelievable! Maybe they could have said anymore getting up before 6.30 and we have to go back or you even you will be on the naughty list? But no, she can’t be arsed!!!! They will only want this for a few yuuuuurs! Selfish cocunts!
i wonder if the elf would have been sent back if golden child had loved it so so much???? Seriously that has really peed me off, yet again it appears if it’s important to S it’s not important to her!
Exactly why bother to start it in the first place if you are just going to stop after 10 days! Surely this will be more disappointing to the girls than if they just hadn’t done it. I won’t ever be doing elf on the shelf for mine but I would never start and stop half way through the month. And to write the note on the back of a bit of post! How lazy can you get.

Reactions: 14
Lee is the kind of bloke who posts past pictures of his wife looking really skinny (after she’s just had a baby) saying look at this worldie babe. Hint hint Rebecca, I much prefer you like this! God help her if she gets really fat! He would be a gonna or seriously dropping hints left right and centre of how she used to look. He is just grim!

• Angry
  • Sick
Lee is the kind of bloke who posts past pictures of his wife looking really skinny (after she’s just had a baby) saying look at this worldie babe. Hint hint Rebecca, I much prefer you like this! God help her if she gets really fat! He would be a gonna or seriously dropping hints left right and centre of how she used to look. He is just grim!
And the worst thing is, he is RANK. His face/body is not desirable or sexy in any way shape or form. He’s gross. He’s got no room at all to be even remotely speaking badly of anyone else’s body or looks. It’s very obvious what lee finds attractive and he makes no secret of it - the countless photos that he “likes” on Instagram for starters. I think that’s so disrespectful, as a husband, for him to be doing that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
And the worst thing is, he is RANK. His face/body is not desirable or sexy in any way shape or form. He’s gross. He’s got no room at all to be even remotely speaking badly of anyone else’s body or looks. It’s very obvious what lee finds attractive and he makes no secret of it - the countless photos that he “likes” on Instagram for starters. I think that’s so disrespectful, as a husband, for him to be doing that.
Exactly. Why is it always the unattractive husbands that are so insistent on their wives keeping the bodies and looks? My husband is fit, we often get people saying he looks like Brad Pitt (even men comment 😂) but he has never once pressured me or hinted at being a certain way. No constant reminders of my perfect body before having kids! Just tells me he loves me, never a mention of my looks or body, only ever to compliment me on how I look in the here and now. We never hear lee saying how lovely or kind his wife is or how much he loves her. It’s all about how she LOOKS. Teenage boy type attitude coming from a guy who, let’s face it, is punching really!

Add to that sliding into women’s inboxes regularly and he just looks like a shallow, sleezy guy really doesn’t he.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Even our four year old knows to stay in his room or our bed until we announce it’s morning time
All kids are different. Mine's nearly 6 and despite all the telling and lecturing, she'll still get up on her own at 5am and go downstairs and colour/make "breakfast" for us. Apart from putting a lock on the outside of her door (which is something I could never do), I don't know what to do. I think taking the elf away is a bit much but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. If you've got a magic solution to keeping kids in their rooms until the parents are up I'd love to know! I'm done waking up at 5!

Reactions: 10
Aw poor Safiyah. Why start the elf if you don’t want to commit to 24 days of doing it?? I’ll admit the novelty wore off last year when I was working full time and stressed trying to do all the Christmas/life admin but I genuinely love it. I love watching the kids faces when they see what the elf’s been up to.
It’s one of the most exciting parts of Christmas for my wee boy and I love that it’s so easily done, an experience and not about material gifts.
my niece is a year younger than S and has questioned loads because of what she’s heard at school. My sister is desperately clinging to every bit of magic she can.
I have friends who refuse to do it and that’s great, no judgement but I’ve never heard of anyone stopping half way.

@VeronicaCrank some kids are just early risers. Apparently S has always got up early?
I just think if it’s one of the most exciting things for her it’s sad to take it away. All her friends at school will be chatting about theirs. S is old enough to stay in her room reading or playing with toys so I’d have used the elf to my advantage with regards to getting up at 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Why would 2 grown ups waste their lives sitting on a sofa wrapped in a blanket in the middle of the day watching trash tv? Who wants to aspire to that?

• Haha
  • Sick
Why would 2 grown ups waste their lives sitting on a sofa wrapped in a blanket in the middle of the day watching trash tv? Who wants to aspire to that?
wait now - Rebecca has spent her day wrapping a few Christmas presents. She’s had a very very busy, very productive, very stressful day full of life “admin”
the poor lass probably needs an early night now, she’ll be knackered. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
wait now - Rebecca has spent her day wrapping a few Christmas presents. She’s had a very very busy, very productive, very stressful day full of life “admin”
the poor lass probably needs an early night now, she’ll be knackered. 🙄
And these are supposed to be the #influencers living their best lives? How sad😢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.