Mrs Meldrum #54 the manic moonface, turtlehead, the twatty hand and the teapot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But when you’re affiliated to the oil you’re tarred with the same brush as these morons by what car you drive.
I like the styling of Audi but just too much stigma I’ll stick with my Far East brand of car 😂
Yeah it’s the saying “ fly with the crows shot with the crows” anyway I don’t have a husband and my Audi is blue 😂😂😂
I’m loving this banter tonight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What self respecting adult refers to their group of adult friends as “the dream team”

She makes me die with the claptrap she spouts. She’s like a dopey 12 year old.
She might as well have #squadgoals...or are the ‘trendy’ kidz not putting that anymore?!
As an adult the only ‘dream team’ I have is my fantasy football one!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The Oil wives chat on here is a bit 🤨... What happened to women supporting women?! (jokes 😂). Seriously though, there are plenty of oil husbands as well as females in the industry too. I also know twats that work in the oil and twats that don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Meanwhile. Thought you guys would like this. When head in the clouds floggers like Mrs M come out with all their twee crap about pouring from an empty cup and such like, selling us products that are supposed to make our lives easier/better (but really are just about making them money and profiting large corporations) - THIS sums up everything normal mums are probably feeling (and a reason why so many of us loathe the “perfect life” instamums!). Also it really annoyed me when Reb came away with her “where there’s a will there’s a way” about going to the gym when Lee went offshore. So unrelatable. Some of us, despite having the will, aren’t privileged enough to have the way.

https://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/opinion/self-care-is-a-bunch-of-bs/
Love that!
That’s why I despise this sort of women so much. I would love to get my hair/nails etc done all the time but I have to save this for when it’s really needed for a night out etc as I work 40 hours a week and have kids doing activities almost every night - their choices not mine I’d happily have them at home or out with pals but it’s what they want to do. A shower on my own would be great but unless my oh and kids are not here and the cat is in hiding it never happens! I go to work for a break and hot tea 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Love that!
That’s why I despise this sort of women so much. I would love to get my hair/nails etc done all the time but I have to save this for when it’s really needed for a night out etc as I work 40 hours a week and have kids doing activities almost every night - their choices not mine I’d happily have them at home or out with pals but it’s what they want to do. A shower on my own would be great but unless my oh and kids are not here and the cat is in hiding it never happens! I go to work for a break and hot tea 😂
Thing is they probably DO have many of the same struggles but they are in the business of portraying their life to be something else. Something perfect. Where they can yap on about self care or date nights (hate that phrase🤮)... almost always with a view to selling us something.

It's been joked about before but I think a Tattle meet up would be hilarious! All the local Tattlers meet up at the Birdhouse cafe. Instead of carrying a red rose to be recognisable we could all wear a headband of dreams!!
I would wonder if the Duldrums would also turn up....but they don't read Tattle do they Lee DO THEY LEE!!!
Surely there are some new stops on the Banchory tour, the gym, the woods...erm...the gym again?
Well we could help Lee lift them weights? Ooh a pic of us all...with that hideous filter naturally, holding our amino slushies!
We could all do some self care and get our nails done...Becky probably has an affiliate link to the nail place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Absolutely this 👆🏻 My OH was expelled from 2 schools but has worked hard to get where he is from nothing, he’s not raking it in but considering where he started it’s an impressive turnaround and he’s not the only one sticking 2 fingers up to the snobs who talk tit about the area he grew up in and schools he attended.
Mortgages to the hilt, car finance, loans, credit cards, online shopping accounts, the list is endless! At the end of the month I know we have enough money to survive and have nice extras once the bills are paid without having to rely on credit. See it daily where we now live but my house wouldn’t be good enough! Although i do have the big car (needed for kids would rather have a hot hatch 🤣) but I can park it 😆 and private reg 😁 I’m more than happy keeping myself and kids grounded and appreciative of where their lifestyle comes from.

This is why I refuse to drive an Audi and I’m not the only one in my circle 😂 don’t get me wrong I know loads of people who do drive them that aren’t like this but it’s the few that give people these perceptions
If it makes you feel better when we ordered our VW Tiguan we got told that everything under an Audi bonnet is VW you’re paying stupid amount extra for the Audi badge 🙈😂

• Haha
It's been joked about before but I think a Tattle meet up would be hilarious! All the local Tattlers meet up at the Birdhouse cafe. Instead of carrying a red rose to be recognisable we could all wear a headband of dreams!!
I would wonder if the Duldrums would also turn up....but they don't read Tattle do they Lee DO THEY LEE!!!
Headband of dreams?

I’m in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I live in South Bucks. Teslas and Electric Range Rovers are the 'look at me' cars around here......guess that ain't gonna happen in Oil Town 🤔

Reactions: 11
Sorry if it’s sll ready been asked a few times but did I read correctly that she never went to school for Florence’s first day!? I’ve missed a few days of stories! Surely I’ve picked it up on the last thread wrongly………

What happened to women supporting women?!
I know this was a joke but If there is ever a sentence that makes me ashamed to be a woman (obviously I’m a lil white witch but you get me) it’s this 🤦‍♀️

Women supporting women.
It makes my uterus shrivel up with shame.
Women support women.. and men 🤷‍♀️
But we all call out twats of both genders 😎
I Needed to get that off my ovaries I feel better now.

It's been joked about before but I think a Tattle meet up would be hilarious!
I’m sure they have one or 8 accounts on here 😆
they’re tattlers as well as us 😆 maybe they can arrange a group discount for a table at the gleneagles 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry if it’s sll ready been asked a few times but did I read correctly that she never went to school for Florence’s first day!? I’ve missed a few days of stories! Surely I’ve picked it up on the last thread wrongly………
She dropped her off but Lee picked her up

• Sad
Reactions: 2
If it makes you feel better when we ordered our VW Tiguan we got told that everything under an Audi bonnet is VW you’re paying stupid amount extra for the Audi badge 🙈😂
Same with our Skoda Kodiaq which we were told is essentially an Audi Q7 at a fraction of the cost -VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat all use the exact same parts and engines!

Reactions: 8
Same with our Skoda Kodiaq which we were told is essentially an Audi Q7 at a fraction of the cost -VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat all use the exact same parts and engines!
Yes but a Skoda doesn’t have the same effect as a well financed flash car when your peacocking entering the unit gym giving it the big ‘I am’

• Haha
Of course the car dealership told you that [emoji1787]

The girl in Primark said my £7 tshirt was made in the exact same factory as the Gucci ones... [emoji85][emoji1787]

Anyway, I don’t get all this ‘oil wives’ chat - it’s a bit demeaning to be honest. I’m not sure what some of you guys think the wages are offshore, but it doesn’t automatically make you rich.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Well in all seriousness I'm in Aberdeen and if any Tattlers ever wanted a cuppa, whether it's for a laugh at the Meldrums et al, or just need a chat I'm always happy to get coffee and cake. I'm off on maternity leave just now so have plenty of time and new friends are always welcome

And by Tattlers I mean all of them....even Rebecca and Lee, The Cannons, (Twiggy or whatever her name is) and even Cath!!

The girl in Primark said my £7 tshirt was made in the exact same factory as the Gucci ones... [emoji85][emoji1787]

Anyway, I don’t get all this ‘oil wives’ chat - it’s a bit demeaning to be honest. I’m not sure what some of you guys think the wages are offshore, but it doesn’t automatically make you rich.

Gucci or Primark, both made in sweatshops by kids 😏
I think the point is that there are some in the industry male and and female who portray the image that being in o&g makes you rich. There is a stereotype there, and some, like the Meldrums perpetuate it. That's why they lead cookie cutter lives. But because there isn't the money isn't there for everyone anymore, underneath the facade they're crippled in debt, yet they have to keep up with the Joneses.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

I live no where near the oil industy.
However there are affluent areas with ladies who do lunch and drive white cars.
It cant be that exiting as theres no real housewives of Aberdeen.
I have read varying amounts about high wages however thats a gross fugure.
I assume a lot will be higher rate tax payers then poor lee has to support 3 kids all their food/ clothes never ending and activities she claims they now do.
They will have to pay for holidays again.
Appears they still running too cars.
If banachory lashes are gifting every set of nails then they are mugs.
The gifted gym membership ends at christmas.
Lee claims he paid for his.
Largish mortage
Fire wood
Keeping reb i lifestyle shes accustomed to so hauls, meals out/ weekends away.
I doubt his salary stetch far.
Free school shoes make-up and odd jumper wont pay the council tax bill.

Are we sure they all oil wives
Thought kaths husband Mr watts was a plumber.
I gather they all wives and spouses of lees mates as some look older.
Are they all school mums too?

They never do its always lees mum
If my daughter had got knocked up by accident straight from uni and never bothered to work a day in her life, I probably wouldn't rush to babysit for her! If she was working hard, even at actually being a mother, then I'd definitely offer some help and time off. But what the actual duck does she need a break from?!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It’s so common it’s unbelievable! 500k house, 2 Audis on the drive with personalised reg each, dripping in designer gear, but everything is maxed out. That’s the North East formula 👌🏼🤢😂
Yip. Sure is. Not a fn clue. 0😊
The Oil wives chat on here is a bit 🤨... What happened to women supporting women?! (jokes 😂). Seriously though, there are plenty of oil husbands as well as females in the industry too. I also know twats that work in the oil and twats that don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Meanwhile. Thought you guys would like this. When head in the clouds floggers like Mrs M come out with all their twee crap about pouring from an empty cup and such like, selling us products that are supposed to make our lives easier/better (but really are just about making them money and profiting large corporations) - THIS sums up everything normal mums are probably feeling (and a reason why so many of us loathe the “perfect life” instamums!). Also it really annoyed me when Reb came away with her “where there’s a will there’s a way” about going to the gym when Lee went offshore. So unrelatable. Some of us, despite having the will, aren’t privileged enough to have the way.

https://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/opinion/self-care-is-a-bunch-of-bs/
Excellent article. Feel like posting it as a comment on every self care tit post from any lying, shady influencer peddling some crap to their followers. Loads of them are guilty of it, but Meldrum has had had classic ones 🤔....

✔The anxiety curing Boden Jumper... ❤👚❤
✔The gym & PT (as mentioned the Where's there's a will there's a way patronising comment) 💪
✔The solo parenting whilst doing the kitchen lies 🤥
✔The magic tea, has to be in a mug hugged by her jewell laden hands, knuckles often covered ☕💍
✔The magic skincare routines 🤡
✔Being Leesa and Rebeggar, not mummy & Daddy 🥂 😴
✔The magic vitamins ☠
✔Crystals, reiki, yoga, 🦄
✔Nail and Hair cure all 💅
✔Switch off Sunday lies when videos of speed 'cleans" show her obsessional checking of her phone... She has a physical addiction and should consider surgery to getting her phone removed from her hand, same time removing her head from her arse hole. 🤕
✔The importance of Date nights (with her parents....) 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦
✔The obsessional self preening whilst kids are unsupervised 💄
✔Playing Spandau Ballet 'Gold "loudly. 🎶
✔ Pleasing yourself all the time. Never showing consideration or compassionation to others, particularly in lifts with the Team or in your photos or subject matter 🐙
✔Shove your kids to bed early and watch any old crap on telly 📺
✔ Putting yourself first.... Always 🏅🏆

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
So guys its autumn soon her favourite season.
Will we have a chunky knit haul soon
A prancing round the woods look book.

10 things to do in Autumn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.