Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was smoking shisha.

She’s totally attempting to manipulate her followers. So so entitled. No one owes you a living, and you brought it on yourself.
Couldn’t agree more. Entitled and the pretty one. She can’t believe she’s getting stuck. Tough

Reactions: 7
Just watched the video.
Why did she keep saying, 'I don't know what to do'.

Surely that is completley obvious..

Stop being an influencer.get of social media.get a job.

Why are her family not saying this to her???

Why does lee not get a job and look after her..( not because He is the man but because she is clearly not in a good place and as her partner He should be stepping up and looking after her)

Reactions: 21
The thing that’s scares her the most is having to get a real job that’s why she is going mad she will do anything to manipulate the sheep so her and lee can stay at home get free things and go on five holidays a year with doing very little work and staying at home that’s a fact

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What can i do.....

Get a job. Why are her family not telling to close the tit show up.

She had a good run but it's OVER

Reactions: 17
Whether or not she smokes has no connection with her ability (or inability) to conduct her business in compliance with regulations which govern her industry.

Reactions: 39
still the victim! Just run you company as a professional entity! Did M&S cry when they got roasted over the recent breast cancer AD? No, you just clearly apologise and move on. Rebecca, you never apologised, you have always blamed ‘trolls’. People would not feel the need to contact brands if they were able to have an open discussion with you, but you won’t engage, you block anyone who questions you, you cannot do that in business. A proper sit down vlog explaining everything, including the real reasons people are upset with you ( DLP/KKK ) and how you skimmed around the facts, a proper apology ( also to Kermit) and hopefully move forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love this site, it has always been a safe place to discuss concerns or to just simply rant after being blocked and deleted by said influencer.

The only thing that I’m on the fence about is contacting companies, I mean yes the influencer has done wrong it’s affected our views and opinions on her ad work but the PR companies who hire her should be put in the limelight for not doing adequate research if they do not do this it just would stop be shopping with them and purchasing products not notifying them because if they lack the research it should just show they are shite anyways.

Her video seemed fake and a part in it she said something twice as she messed up the first time ( again poorly edited )

If tattle affects her that much why is she reading it daily and also she herself trolled tattle users, she has herself given bad reviews it just makes her a hypocrite.

I’m a young -ish mum married working full time and for us all to be trolled by her followers stating We are bullying her we are sad waste of space’s we are s*** mum’s is also disgusting and absuive on their part difference is they say it on public profiles and we used a controlled site.

Reactions: 18
I'm like many of you. I dont think she is a very nice person, or pat, but this has to be affecting the kids and none of us want that at all. I dont want to be responsible for negatively affecting someone's childhood. Reb and Pat have let this happen. They've had many opportunities to make it right, and they never do. So the only thing I think we can do is try to be the responsible adults here, as they are clearly not capable, and solely for the childrens sake just leave it all here. And yes, she needs to apologise to Kermit. That was unforgivable. At the end of the day, I think what truly matters here is those children.

• Heart
Their reputation is shot now, brands are refusing to work with them because of how they’ve chosen to conduct business in the past, not because of what’s being said on tattle. I think the penny has dropped for them now and she realises that they won’t be making the money they used to from being an influencer as the brand work has dried up. The long pause after she said “I thought I’d be able to move on” just proves she thought it would all blow over and go away, this would’ve been a perfect time to put to bed all her wrong doings but she is choosing again to go with the “trolls ruined my life” scenario for the sympathy. If it was me at this point I’d rather bow out gracefully, own up to my mistakes and call it a day but she will never learn 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 19
This is why it's not a good idea to mix your business and your personal life. Her job is selling her and her family's private life. The meltdown is just because it's financially hitting her now she's had a racism scandal. She shouldn't of put herself in such a precarious position of supporting a whole family just on social media ADs, it could end at any time.

Living your life as a public figure has downsides and she's put fuel on the fire with countless shady and dishonest things she's done.

No one wants to see anyone upset. I'm sure lots of us have walked away from jobs that weren't making us happy or been made redundant from jobs through no fault of our own. The best thing is to take responsibility and do something positive, this isn't it.

This is nothing to do with tattle, it's through her own actions. Gossip has existed before paper. Even if admin decided to close this site ten more would spring up in its place.

Reactions: 33
She has said that she reads here and doesn’t know what else she can do.
It’s horrible that she is so upset and I did feel a twinge of guilt for being the one who contacted the papers so I think if she addresses the below then everyone agrees to back off her brand work?

Maybe she could do it as a q and a or something idk.

1- how much did she get paid to visit a foodbank and why go empty handed? Has she worked with the foodbank since?

2- why all the deception over Disneyland? She outright said she had paid for it herself which was a lie. This is why there’s no trust.

3- why apologies on insta for a mistake that was made on YouTube? Different audiences.

4- why doesn’t she label adds correctly? Is it for fear of us contacting the brand or does she not want to be seen doing too many adds?

5- did she ever actually use that dry shampoo for clothes thing she was advertising the other week? This creates more distrust because she is shilling a product she wouldn’t buy.

6- most importantly when will she apologize to Kermit and tell her followers to back off looking up personal info?

If these points were honestly all discussed then I would gladly go back to talking about the watery curry and orange filter. If she carries on ignoring all the valid points raised the I will continue to contact brands. It’s simple.

Reactions: 41
Ok ok ok, just caught up on all the drama!
Took a while because I’d been living my absolute best life with my absolute edgy legend of a husband and the wee kiddos 😉

Firstly #justiceforkermit

Secondly, a few threads back, I gave you all my name and location. My avatar is my profile pic on all social media and a few of you even started following me.

I was happy to give you all that info, because I am not a troll. If I were a troll, I’d want my anonymity.

And even if Kermit had of done the same, which she didn’t, that does not for a second give Rebecca the right to broadcast that information.

Simply put Rebecca, this tread will slow down when you record a sit down video address ing the 6ish mistakes made in the last year, focusing on the broadcast of casual racism. Once you do that, there will be no reason for anyone to talk about it anymore, it will be out to bed.

As always, here if you want an adult conversation 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I think you are completely within your rights to contact the ASA CMA or any brand that is using an influencer to sell their product but is not following the guidelines. Everybody must realise Mrs Meldrum is a company, her company must above by the law. That said I do not wish her any harm, I take no pleasure in seeing her upset,( again thoug, she cannot use the ‘I’m only a mum trying her best sob story’ but maybe, just maybe she can turn this around by starting to realise she has to abide by the laws that are there to protect everybody, especially her consumers. CM are as bad as her though, there should be much better guidance for their bloggers.

The long pause after she said “I thought I’d be able to move on” just proves she thought it would all blow over and go away.
This (y)
She thought that after a while things would die down and everyone would forget all about her lying and deception.
Too bad not everyone has the brain the size of a CHECKPEA:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The only time she even shows a shred of anything resembling real emotion in that sit down is when she mentions money, brands and advertising.
No real emotion when she talked about the rumours surrounding Lees extramarital, no emotion when talking about her dislike of her own children.
Just apologise for being shady with Ads, apologise for the kkk comment, apologise for the unsavoury selling tactics (cashmere anxiety cure anyone?) and then come back and make the content your followers enjoy.

Reactions: 12
She's not got it in her to be honest, she'd answer them like a crappy politician.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
When was it claimed Lee was having an affair? I haven’t been around long enough to see that

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.