Mrs Meldrum #42 Still mooching, hauling and holidaying...but absolutely not apologising

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the same excess and matching every year.

She claims she does hand me downs this vid and what she brought for s for Florida in October still fits

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Do we need essays on what people’s kids wear in the summer? Gee whizz
Do we need people to try and moderate the discussion when they aren't moderators? Gee whizz

FWIW, my biggest loves a good dress, but pairs it with leggings and a jumper most often

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Do we need people to try and moderate the discussion when they aren't moderators? Gee whizz

FWIW, my biggest loves a good dress, but pairs it with leggings and a jumper most often
Makes a change from discussing school fines and the house.

The fact is she buys excessive amounts of clothes just before each Neilson holiday.
The stuff she's brought is not suitable for a Scottish summer.
She doesn't seem to dress her kids appropriate to weather no coats in winter/ tutus to the woods/ supermarket.
They never seem hugely practical purchases that the girls might get a lot of.
The girls when at home seldom go far.
2/ 3 will be in school uniform in August.
It's just blatant waste if money and fast fashion because reb gets bored.
The matching them is beyond sad and I expect they hate it.
Also trying to dress eldest like she's a toddler is a bit strange.

Reactions: 10

I’m not moderating or even trying to. Simply stating that a 5 paragraph post on what Kermit’s children wear in the summer isn’t that interesting to people discussing/reading about the Meldrums.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Really other than a passing comment how we all choose to dress our kids is hardly relevant to discussing the Meldrum’s vlog. One of my neighbours kids wore a swimsuit the whole of last week, would I do it? No. Would I let my kid? No. Is the kid healthy and happy? Yes.
I think Rebecca dresses her children well. I like little girls in dresses and I love them not looking like mini adults. It’s one of the reasons I chose to follow. I am not keen on a leggings and t-shirt look on little kids, especially branded. That’s just me.
The Meldrum little girls look lovely. I don’t agree with hauls and throwaway fashion. I love good hand me downs myself! I let one of mine wear a tutu wherever she wanted, you’re only little once. Scotland does have summer and I’ve no issue with her buying summer wear for living there.

Reactions: 9
I don't believe that for a second! No teacher will say it's ok to repeatedly take a child out of school.
My mother is a head teacher elsewhere in Scotland and she said any parents who have taken their child out of school as much as edgy and pat have, regardless of age or class year would be pulled in for a meeting. Not only does it make the parents look bad to the teachers and the teachers will talk about it, it will be talk of the school amongst parents. Not a good look to be seen to think that you and your child are above education. And the worst thing is it’s actually more work for a teacher when a kid is out of school. If the parent asks for work to be take away that’s more work for the teacher to do to prepare and then mark it on top of everything else they do. And they will need to catch up at some point which normally means the teacher giving up time at lunchtimes or after school helping that child when they need to get on with planning and preparing for the children in their class that were actually there!!! It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 25
Reb is queen of the (not so) humble brag.

Do we think a fellow passenger on their recent flight stopped to tell Reb again just how well behaved her children were? Or maybe they just complimented her on how well behaved her lapdog Pat was 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My mother is a head teacher elsewhere in Scotland and she said any parents who have taken their child out of school as much as edgy and pat have, regardless of age or class year would be pulled in for a meeting. Not only does it make the parents look bad to the teachers and the teachers will talk about it, it will be talk of the school amongst parents. Not a good look to be seen to think that you and your child are above education. And the worst thing is it’s actually more work for a teacher when a kid is out of school. If the parent asks for work to be take away that’s more work for the teacher to do to prepare and then mark it on top of everything else they do. And they will need to catch up at some point which normally means the teacher giving up time at lunchtimes or after school helping that child when they need to get on with planning and preparing for the children in their class that were actually there!!! It’s ridiculous
Hear hear! She can pretend to herself all she likes but teachers will not be ok about it. There’s nothing school can do about it but the meldrums will be talked about and class teacher will be rolling eyes inwardly as Mrs Meldrum approaches to let them know S will be out of school for a holiday again! It’s a headache for the class teacher because learning moves fast in primary. If every parent had the same attitude towards holidaying in term time, teaching a class would be impossible!

Reactions: 14
The impact of their education is not the issue for me at this age. It’s more that the girls grow up believing that school is something that you pick up and drop to suit you. It constantly sets them apart from their peers.

I have every sympathy with hard working parents who struggle to afford the over inflated school holiday costs but this hardly applies in their case! Everything is free anyway 😡

Reactions: 23
I'd imagine S's peers are already at an age there are comments made. So sad. It's a hell of an amount of school she's appeared to have missed, there's never any mention of work being requested, done or handed back in. I get the feeling there's a distinct lack of respect for their daughters education. Soon to be two daughters but if the business carries on being flushed down the toilet by the parents crap attitude they won't have to worry about gifted holidays much longer. Bet the staff room have a right giggle at the group going away, comparing which parents have the better attitude to their kids keeping up with work whilst away. Roughly there's still another 6 weeks of term. Despite the education being missed I bet S is the brightest tool in the box in the Meldrum household. 😂

Reactions: 7
Really other than a passing comment how we all choose to dress our kids is hardly relevant to discussing the Meldrum’s vlog. One of my neighbours kids wore a swimsuit the whole of last week, would I do it? No. Would I let my kid? No. Is the kid healthy and happy? Yes.
I think Rebecca dresses her children well. I like little girls in dresses and I love them not looking like mini adults. It’s one of the reasons I chose to follow. I am not keen on a leggings and t-shirt look on little kids, especially branded. That’s just me.
The Meldrum little girls look lovely. I don’t agree with hauls and throwaway fashion. I love good hand me downs myself! I let one of mine wear a tutu wherever she wanted, you’re only little once. Scotland does have summer and I’ve no issue with her buying summer wear for living there.
I'm Not disputing they don't look lovely.
I like dresses and I like more traditional look.
But as mum to 2older girls and 1 is year above S I find mine won't wear dresses because none of their friends do.
This is apparent at non school uniform day parties and school disco that not many like pretty dresses.
Maybe it's a regional thing.

What is clear is they off on holiday somewhere.
They constantly buying excessive amounts which makes me doubt how much is handed down.

I think with trends of minimalism ,Marie kondo, the environmental effects and being cautious with money mean haul videos not as popular as they once were.
Clearly all this has passed the Meldrums by.
It's lazy badly delivered content I can't relate to.

I know this argument is a tough one to understand if no one you know is a teacher but even though teachers do get fantastic holiday time! They have absolutely NO choice but to pay the inflated school holiday prices while other parents do have a choice and we all know teachers are paid pennies compared to what I believe they are due. So I totally understand that some parents have to go on holiday during term time but most parents only do it a couple of times while their child is at school and quite often don’t want to! The Meldrums are more than able to play holiday prices but just don’t want to

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Th
I'm Not disputing they don't look lovely.
I like dresses and I like more traditional look.
But as mum to 2older girls and 1 is year above S I find mine won't wear dresses because none of their friends do.
This is apparent at non school uniform day parties and school disco that not many like pretty dresses.
Maybe it's a regional thing.

What is clear is they off on holiday somewhere.
They constantly buying excessive amounts which makes me doubt how much is handed down.

I think with trends of minimalism ,Marie kondo, the environmental effects and being cautious with money mean haul videos not as popular as they once were.
Clearly all this has passed the Meldrums by.
It's lazy badly delivered content I can't relate to.
Theres definitely very little hand me downs. I have a 10 year old who will wear jeans and t-shirt one day and a pretty dress the next and a 13 yr old who has always worn dresses and still does.
Not trying to argue or derail, but I don’t see that as an issue here and neither do my kids.
The primark £4 dresses in replacement of lovely handmedowns seems bizarre. And those dresses don’t wash and wear that well.

Reactions: 6
To make you feel inadequate😢muddymummy has started doing it on her insta stories, ‘I’ve sized down to an 8” just so you know how tiny I am🤔
I followed muddy mummy for a while but after DM’ing her and she was so rude I unfollowed. I think she is a very stuck up idiot. I was feeling quite low that day and I messaged her about an item of clothing and she responded with a short bitchy response complete with exclamation mark.
If you are promoting/advertising clothes then surely expect some questions.

I think she is so stuck up her own arse along with Edgy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I followed muddy mummy for a while but after DM’ing her and she was so rude I unfollowed. I think she is a very stuck up idiot. I was feeling quite low that day and I messaged her about an item of clothing and she responded with a short bitchy response complete with exclamation mark.

I think she is so stuck up her own arse along with Edgy.
I think she s actually worse than edgy! What really gets me is when she speaks about guests in her Instagram - so disrespectful (not the ones who trashed her house - that’s unacceptable) but the guy who was asking about the fire and soneone else asking about snow - she said she did nt think they were on insta but how did she know? Also she seems to do nothing but shop - her stories this week have all been in London without kids!! I get the feeling that , like edgy, she has had 3 kids young and close together and is now craving the freedom! X

• Wow

I think she is so stuck up her own arse alone with Edgy.
Some of these females need to remember what's made them successful in their 'careers'. Without subscribers, followers or views they'd be nothing. Muddy mummy has money behind her but she obviously doesn't have her manners, courtesy or kindness. Sounds similar nasty personality as stuck up Rebs. I personally would have called her out on her rudeness! Cheeky witch.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Some of these females need to remember what's made them successful in their 'careers'. Without subscribers, followers or views they'd be nothing. Muddy mummy has money behind her but she obviously doesn't have her manners, courtesy or kindness. Sounds similar nasty personality as stuck up Rebs. I personally would have called her out on her rudeness! Cheeky witch.
I think I was so dumbfounded by what I was hearing! She s done in numerous times now! It’s highly unprofessional in my opinion! But I get the impression she thinks she s a cut above anyone else!!! X

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.