Mrs Meldrum #40 TITLE TEXT HERE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see she is still liking posts on instagram! She liked her mums picture earlier today.

Reactions: 5
I see she is still liking posts on instagram!
She's maybe getting ideas from others that have a clue how to run their business properly? 🤔

Edited, I see you've added it was her mum's picture. No hope for someone giving her good direction there then.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Jeez you're right! The don't know what to wear, how to put their make up on and their wardrobes badly need sorting out! 😱
Bring back superinstamum Meldrum...
and how on earth would we remember to make our beds and drink a glass of water to rehydrate without her words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've not once said she made the visit to be charitable, it was always an ad, and it was always in collaboration with Ella's. My point is that however abhorrent you find her actions, it served a purpose to give exposure to the fact that we need to have food banks and that particular one. What is appalling is that the brand were 'happy' with the execution of this vlog.
How do you know they were happy with it?
Probably just as sick as the rest of us.
You keep going on about guidelines and signing off on it.Meldrum should not have to be told to take a bloody donation to a food bank. End of.We aren't discussing Ella's kitchen on here.We are talking about her complete lack of empathy for others among all her other faults.

Reactions: 13
I watched an old weekly vlog of hers recently, when Florence was a baby and she mentioned how every Wednesday was dedicated to making sure Sofia had fun while off nursery. They went to soft play/ the park/ play dates. There was play dates and she had a sparkle in her eye. She was very hands on and lee was skulking about in the background looking a bit bored. But they seemed like such a nice, normal and fun family. She came across as a good mum, I can see why people tuned into watch her.

Fast forward and lee being at home doing the bulk of childcare; the move to THAT house and her being the main breadwinner has made her truly selfish and miserable. I hope they are off reevaluating their priorities in life, I’m not sure this insta fame is at all worth it.

Reactions: 15
How do you know they were happy with it?
Probably just as sick as the rest of us.
You keep going on about guidelines and signing off on it.Meldrum should not have to be told to take a bloody donation to a food bank. End of.We aren't discussing Ella's kitchen on here.We are talking about her complete lack of empathy for others among all her other faults.
I am guessing if they were not happy with it, it would have been pulled?

Brands who are working with influencers have a responsibility too - Corporate responsibility is the way a company takes responsibility for its actions and their impact on employees, stakeholders and communities.

Many people on here talk about boycotting companies after working with certain people - I feel their input is integral to the conversation - they're the ones paying her and keeping her in business!

Reactions: 4
No one has said she made the KKK comment herself, but it’s the consistent lack of effort, lack of transparency, lying and her apology was bullshit - it was all about herself. If I posted something online and discovered there was a racist joke in the background I would pull it down immediately. She didn’t take it down for days, because she was putting money first.

It’s not the only time that they have made crappy, possibly racist comments. Aside from posting a KKK joke on their channel,
1. There was a Gandhi “joke” on Twitter.
2. Fat shaming joke on Twitter.
3. Constantly referring to the children having a meltdown as “having a Paddy”, even after it was brought to her attention.
4. Posting a clip of her imitating a “Jamaican accent” in labour.
5. Posting a clip of Lee imitating an accent in a vlog, I think it was an Indian accent but I can’t remember so someone correct me if I’m wrong.

They are so ignorant they think that this type of behaviour is totally normal and acceptable. They need to be called out on it and it’s tough tit if it upsets them!

Feel free to add any other crappy behaviour I’ve forgotten!
No 3. I actually never realised that Paddy was referencing the Irish. Have learnt something there.
No4. Totally unfair. She actually wasn't talking with Jamaican accent. She thought she was. She was in the midst of labour and high on gas an air.
No 5. Imitating an accent. Depends on the intent. If imitating an accent of an upper class aristocrat, apparently that's ok. Imitating a coloured person isn't, as generally a coloured person suffers racist abuse in other forms, upper class aristocrat don't.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Honestly though if I was her and I still had over 80k ‘followers’ that are literally still looking out for her would you not just come back and just continue to do what she’s been doing? Like what does someone have to do for the ‘followers’ to unfollow? She’s probably sitting there in lap of luxury on their huge bank accounts laughing along with us about how much they can be pricks and people will still fund their extravagant lifestyles...I can’t help but think she has got the balance right...suck them in and they will continue to follow no matter what...there has literally been 0 repercussions for her behaviour of late! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
No 3. I actually never realised that Paddy was referencing the Irish. Have learnt something there.
No4. Totally unfair. She actually wasn't talking with Jamaican accent. She thought she was. She was in the midst of labour and high on gas an air.
No 5. Imitating an accent. Depends on the intent. If imitating an accent of an upper class aristocrat, apparently that's ok. Imitating a coloured person isn't, as generally a coloured person suffers racist abuse in other forms, upper class aristocrat don't.
You didn't know that Paddy was referencing the Irish. You HAVE to be a Meldrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You didn't know that Paddy was referencing the Irish. You HAVE to be a Meldrum.
Nope. Just something that was said. Obvs I realise paddy is referencing the Irish, but never thought it was connected. Thought it came from.Pandemonium.

Honestly though if I was her and I still had over 80k ‘followers’ that are literally still looking out for her would you not just come back and just continue to do what she’s been doing? Like what does someone have to do for the ‘followers’ to unfollow? She’s probably sitting there in lap of luxury on their huge bank accounts laughing along with us about how much they can be pricks and people will still fund their extravagant lifestyles...I can’t help but think she has got the balance right...suck them in and they will continue to follow no matter what...there has literally been 0 repercussions for her behaviour of late! 🤷🏻‍♀️
They live for the free tit they get from brands. If they have been dropped by a lot of the brands that were facilitating their lifestyle (those providing free foreign holidays, extensive home furnishings, electronics, food, make up, clothes, jewellery, cars (?) etc) then why would they come back??
They don’t do this for the love of film making or because they care about the people who follow them. They do it for money and because it allows them to life a very comfortable lifestyle by doing hardly anything in return.
If the free stuff is taken away then they won’t come back - and if they do come back, they won’t last long if they aren’t being supplied with all the luxuries they have become used to 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Just a warning that “coloured person” is not an acceptable term either.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
You know I’ve completely given up reporting all their many, many failures to the ASA. I reported the Joules AD which was labelled ‘PR sample’ when it was monogrammed and she used their bloody hashtag. ASA replied that it was perfectly fine.

• Wow
They live for the free tit they get from brands. If they have been dropped by a lot of the brands that were facilitating their lifestyle (those providing free foreign holidays, extensive home furnishings, electronics, food, make up, clothes, jewellery, cars (?) etc) then why would they come back??
They don’t do this for the love of film making or because they care about the people who follow them. They do it for money and because it allows them to life a very comfortable lifestyle by doing hardly anything in return.
If the free stuff is taken away then they won’t come back - and if they do come back, they won’t last long if they aren’t being supplied with all the luxuries they have become used to 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes...it would just be nice to know if brands have dropped her - officially! I’d like to think she is now a liability to some of the bigger brands and they don’t just see the 80k followers that seems a little exaggerated anyway given some posts she barely gets 1000 likes!

Reactions: 6
Hi REBECCA 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 19
“Coloured person” are you kidding me? That has never been an ok way to refer to black people/people of colour, but it became socially unacceptable quite some time ago.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.