Mrs Meldrum #40 TITLE TEXT HERE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably already been mentioned but Just on the everyone wondering where she is thing.. not everyone that follows her on YouTube follows her other social media, the only place she mentioned anything about what was going on was on insta. Surely she should have put something up on YouTube given it was there that this whole duck up happened?

Reactions: 12
The food bank was just another job for them to read off a brief. Food bank or Mr Kipling cakes it's all the same to them.

There's no content left on Mrs meldrum, the adverts are the content.

Reactions: 19
Probably already been mentioned but Just on the everyone wondering where she is thing.. not everyone that follows her on YouTube follows her other social media, the only place she mentioned anything about what was going on was on insta. Surely she should have put something up on YouTube given it was there that this whole duck up happened?
There a community function on you tube where she can choose to leave her followers a written message.

The food bank was just another job for them to read off a brief. Food bank or Mr Kipling cakes it's all the same to them.

There's no content left on Mrs meldrum, the adverts are the content.
Its why in last vlog she decided incorporating ads into boring repetitive vlogs is best.

Reactions: 5
As someone who works closely with CFINE I can categorically confirm they turned up without a donation, didn't stay long, wasn't interested unless the camera was on and they were embarrassed at how she looked down her nose at people (going as far as refusing to talk to people using the food bank when she was given the opportunity).

Still sound like someone who visited to be charitable? Or someone who went as part of a paid advert where press would be present!
Watch who you look down your nose as you are on the up Meldrums as you'll sure as duck pass them on the way down. @EdgyLegend, they are shameful duck wits! 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 17122This right here is the post that made me go wtf! It's from September going on about not going on holiday during the summer holidays. Would have been good, apart from the fact she'd had twelvety million hols before that and another twelvety million coming up ( didn't even know that at the time) I didn't mind that it was actually an ad, it was the not having a summer holiday that irked me!
But they don't go abroad during the holidays, they take their eldest out of school on freebies. 😂

Reactions: 10
That crossed my mind too...she could have gone in with a a trolley full. It wouldn’t have got her off the hook for me unless I knew she had paid though!!
Exactly, even a trolley full of tins and packets or nappies and wipes etc wouldn’t have cost more than, what, £60 from Aldi or Lidl, and wouldn’t have hit how much she earned from Ella’s kitchen, she is a bloody self centred idiot

Reactions: 11
Have been reading this thread since 2 weeks ago when Mrs M left and I really just had to make this account to share my thoughts.
1. I did enjoy reading more about the DLP trip as it confused me at first and I wasn't clear with what happened until i read on here, so I'm glad I've finally got to read what really went down. Same with other ADs she has posted.
2. However, I don't agree with all of the hate regarding the St Andrew's video. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mrs M wasn't the one who said the racist remark nor did she laugh at it or reply to it, as she did not hear it! I watched the video twice and didn't hear it so it's understandable if she missed it. The important thing was is that when she was called out for it she removed it and apologised. People on here are going on as if she hasn't apologised. Her apology seems genuine to me, she admitted she should be more careful as it's her responsibility for what goes on her channel and she made it clear she'd never say anything like that. People on here are way too quick to call her racist with is total character defamation as she has never made any racist remarks.
Cue everyone accusing me of being Rebecca or Lee since you all only think your opinion is correct.
she dubbed music over it which is probably why you didn’t hear it

Reactions: 7
Have been reading this thread since 2 weeks ago when Mrs M left and I really just had to make this account to share my thoughts.
1. I did enjoy reading more about the DLP trip as it confused me at first and I wasn't clear with what happened until i read on here, so I'm glad I've finally got to read what really went down. Same with other ADs she has posted.
2. However, I don't agree with all of the hate regarding the St Andrew's video. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mrs M wasn't the one who said the racist remark nor did she laugh at it or reply to it, as she did not hear it! I watched the video twice and didn't hear it so it's understandable if she missed it. The important thing was is that when she was called out for it she removed it and apologised. People on here are going on as if she hasn't apologised. Her apology seems genuine to me, she admitted she should be more careful as it's her responsibility for what goes on her channel and she made it clear she'd never say anything like that. People on here are way too quick to call her racist with is total character defamation as she has never made any racist remarks.
Cue everyone accusing me of being Rebecca or Lee since you all only think your opinion is correct.
1) she did hear the comment being made in the lift. You can see her physical reaction to it.
2) you tune is her JOB. Her job is to film and EDIT footage. To do this, she has to choose sections of film to go into the end product. She chose to include that particular section of film. She knew it was in the end product.
3) everyone is well aware the comment wasn’t made by her. That’s never been the issue.
4) her behaviour following the video upload is the main problem. She was made aware of the racist remark in her video but refused to take the video down. It was online for a considerable amount of time before she eventually edited it to add music to cover up the audio. There was then online chatter about how shady that was, she then uploaded a photo of a T-shirt that said “I don’t give a duck” (or words to that effect. Clearly in response to the reaction to the lift comment. She then used 2 other “influencers” on her follow Friday to detract from it. One was a woman of colour, the other a lady with mixed race kids.
5) her “apology” was laughable. If you read it again, you will see it’s not actually an apology; it’s her saying how SHE feels. She’s making it all about her. She’s not sorry - she’s sorry for HERSELF.

That’s why people are so pissed off.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
She bloody well did hear it! As YouTube is her 'job', it's her duty to make sure the content she is producing is of decent quality. Sadly it's not! When you edit a video, you should be carefully watching it. When it was first pointed out to her, she went and stuck some damn awful music over the top of it. That lift scene did not need to be in there. If she had done her job properly to begin with and just taken it out, then no one would have known except those in the lift that the comment was made.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She didn't say it, no.
She did hear it as she reacted in the video.
Whoever did the editing decided to include it.
She had feedback instantly. She didn't apologise, just muttered something about it being bad taste.
She didn't remove it.
She put up a photo of a t shirt, stating no fucks given.
She still didn't remove it.
She dubbed over it with music, very badly.
She didn't remove it.
She started to get called out by other influencers.
She didn't remove it.
She attempted to say she had a friend in a woman of colour, Candice, who stated they had never met.
She didn't remove it.
She was called out by other influencers.
She had a great weekend and on Sunday was full of the joys.
She didn't remove it.
Hours later an 'apology' (I'd not describe it as such)
She then removed it.

No, you are right, she didn't say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Unfortunately I can’t help but feel like you missed the mark with your target audience here. Sorry you wasted all of that time setting up a new account. 😢 Why don’t you pop over to Mrs Meldrum’s grid and let her know how you feel about the racist remark and commend her on the way she handled it? I know she would just love the public show of support. I only hope your comment makes it through the strenuous security screening over there! Good luck!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'd never heard of it before this thread, now I know lots about it! No such thing as bad publicity ...

@Kermit - isn't everyone here playing the long game?
You'd never heard of that particular foodbank or the need for foodbanks in general? And since learning about it have you donated/volunteered at it?

Because if not (without any criticism of you personally) I fail to see how the foodbank has benefitted.

Reactions: 14
She didn't say it, no.
She had feedback instantly. She didn't apologise, just muttered something about it being bad taste.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She attempted to say she had a friend in a woman of colour, Candice, who stated they had never met.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She then removed it.

Absolutely spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She didn't say it, no.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She didn't remove it.
She then removed it.

She has also made racist jokes on Twitter previously

Reactions: 17
You'd never heard of that particular foodbank or the need for foodbanks in general? And since learning about it have you donated/volunteered at it?

Because if not (without any criticism of you personally) I fail to see how the foodbank has benefitted.
That's a really unfair comment. Yes I've heard of food banks, yes I donate regularly via the receptacle in my supermarket. Would you like to know any more about my charitable work or does that suffice?

It is basic PR strategy, talk of food banks whether here, on the meld rums site, on the internet, at the school gate, wherever BENEFITS a food bank as a) awareness that society has got to a point we need them b) people may just donate. Awareness is key before any positive donating happens.

Reactions: 5
@missl11 She uploaded the video early on the Tuesday (around 12 I think). Did you see this video or the re-edited one with the music she put up at 6?

Reactions: 2
Exactly, even a trolley full of tins and packets or nappies and wipes etc wouldn’t have cost more than, what, £60 from Aldi or Lidl, and wouldn’t have hit how much she earned from Ella’s kitchen, she is a bloody self centred idiot
Probably not even that TBH.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.