Mrs Meldrum #40 TITLE TEXT HERE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
content and ads go hand in hand I get that but when the ads become your content it’s too much, I have friends in Scotland and they only get letters of attendance when the kids fall below 85% her kids must be under that
Our targets 95% in England
Anything under that is frowned upon.
Ofsted look at attendance
I know people called into heads office over poor attendance.
I imagine repeated absence would be referred to educational welfare officer.

My eldest recently got a paper round.
The laws around under 16 working is limited hours, permit from council and parental permission.
She's only working less than an hour a week.
Cant school see that the child is effectively working and missing school?
The evidence is on you tube and Instagram that s is on another holiday.

Reactions: 6
I agree the execution was poor, but again, without watching, we don't know that they didn't donate, or possibly they did without filming it (Wonders many never cease!)

But the point is the brand of Ella's kitchen is also tarnished here in my eyes too, and no they shouldn't spoon feed, but anyone acting on behalf of them in some sort of ambassadorial / partnership role should adhere to charity guidelines. I cannot believe anyone from Ella's signed this off without thinking of the repercussions.
Well yeah, Ella’s Kitchen are a tit show anyway, completely over priced. Nothing but another big corporate machine making as much money as possible.

I don’t believe for a second that the Meldrums donated anything. If they had it would have been filmed to death or at least mentioned a million times.

Reactions: 21
They are Scottish they don’t get fined for taking kids out of school
not fined but still lettered from education . They'll probably say it's an educational trip as they're been taught how to swim , absail , tennis plus there papped in Kids clubs where they draw ect . They'll word it as it's an opportunity they can't miss out on , they're as fly as f???

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For me, the crux of the moral issue behind the food bank debacle lies in how she spoke about the clients. “By the kind of people you’d expect to see”, that snobbery showed me that her motives were bad

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Well yeah, Ella’s Kitchen are a tit show anyway, completely over priced. Nothing but another big corporate machine making as much money as possible.

I don’t believe for a second that the Meldrums donated anything. If they had it would have been filmed to death or at least mentioned a million times.
As someone who works closely with CFINE I can categorically confirm they turned up without a donation, didn't stay long, wasn't interested unless the camera was on and they were embarrassed at how she looked down her nose at people (going as far as refusing to talk to people using the food bank when she was given the opportunity).

Still sound like someone who visited to be charitable? Or someone who went as part of a paid advert where press would be present!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Her selfishness makes me fume. I volunteer to cook for the homeless one evening a week and can provide up to 75 meals on a night. Lately leading up to local elections, all the councillors came crawling out of the woodwork for the photo ops dishing up the food on the street. Now nothing. Very edgyesque behaviour.
Also, why didn’t lee pull her up on it? Always thought he had his feet on the ground but clearly being that cocunts ball and chain has rubbed off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Add to that, the thumbnail is a totally irrelevant photo of her own face. She could’ve included something food bank related in the thumbnail if she truly wanted to raise awareness

Reactions: 15
As someone who works closely with CFINE I can categorically confirm they turned up without a donation, didn't stay long, wasn't interested unless the camera was on and they were embarrassed at how she looked down her nose at people (going as far as refusing to talk to people using the food bank when she was given the opportunity).

Still sound like someone who visited to be charitable? Or someone who went as part of a paid advert where press would be present!
I've not once said she made the visit to be charitable, it was always an ad, and it was always in collaboration with Ella's. My point is that however abhorrent you find her actions, it served a purpose to give exposure to the fact that we need to have food banks and that particular one. What is appalling is that the brand were 'happy' with the execution of this vlog.

I have confused myself now too.
Was the gran Canaria holiday in Sept tui or Thomas cook?
Just checked I'm feeling really stupid.
Tui and Thomas cook are still different companies?

I had no issue with gran Canaria
It was clearly labelled as AD and made clear it was gifted and the girls said it was their best holiday.
Now maybe I'm getting years and majorca/Tenerife mixed up.
I know they had 1 paid for holiday with bad weather at start if 2018 had no idea if was gifted or an AD.
However dident some few threads back post a tweet from tui with someone complaining that she wasn't a blogger they wish to associate with.
They are so sneaky and dishonest.
So most likely tenerife/ Neilson Italy neilson greece/ gran Canaria/ Disneyland paris and Gleneagles all gifted.
We also thírght the 2 short stay cottage breaks when they went to weddings also kindly gifted.
So they paid for none if their 8 holidays in 2018.

Jeez, 8 Holidays? @kerm
She has a paid partnership with Ella's kitchen and clearly the food bank knew this when she visited. If both Ella's kitchen and the food bank wanted extra exposure via Meldrums I don't see this is as a bad thing. Yes she got paid, but do we know that she got SPECIFICALLY got paid for the visit or was it part of the payment she received for the partnership? What is Ella's kitchen ongoing involvement with the food bank? However, \I agree, she could have turned up with a donation or made a public statement that she donated part of her fee (however small) but the exposure she gave the food bank is not bad a thing. Do we know how many extra donations her visit bought in?
Food banks and the particular one she visited was very well advertised locally on social media at the time. I would doubt very much of local followers of MrsM would have visited just because of her.

Reactions: 7
Jeez, 8 Holidays? @kerm

Food banks and the particular one she visited was very well advertised locally on social media at the time. I would doubt very much of local followers of MrsM would have visited just because of her.
But as a well executed public awareness campaign it is a sum of the whole activity?

She had been to the shops Xmas shopping and out to lunch before she arrived at fareshare in the vlog.
That's what I find the most distasteful.
Afterwards it really showed how ignorant she was.
She kept on about reverse advent calendar we never saw that.
Completely agree and it was the first time I had commented negatively on her account. It made me sick how bloody fake and disinterested she was with lapdog Lee doing the filming. Heading for their stupid coffees beforehand just across the road was a bloody disgusting move in a vlog.

Reactions: 13
Jeez, 8 Holidays? @kerm

Yes 8 is hard to believe

1 ) Tenerife in Feb.
2) Neilson Italy spring I think
3)Neilson greece with chums think June
4) tui gran Canaria Sept just before they moved house.
5) disneyland Paris Tesco freebie October
6) Gleneagles weekend August/Sept I think.

7 and 8 were short breaks for weddings.
Some cottage with hot tub .
Wasn't there a cottage they trashed?
It was a pricy time as Lee had to hire a kilt both occasions.
But it transpired just before Xmas they went to a local dance and they too skint to buy him a kilt.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Completely agree and it was the first time I had commented negatively on her account. It made me sick how bloody fake and disinterested she was with lapdog Lee doing the filming. Heading for their stupid coffees beforehand just across the road was a bloody disgusting move in a vlog.
She couldn't even be bothered to follow up with information on address, what items they need donated, contact info etc for anyone local who may have been inspired to visit and donate items. So her visit highlighted that Ella's Kitchen donate to foodbanks, no more than that. It did not serve any purpose for the foodbank in particular, nor did it address any of the discussions about why they are needed, how to access them etc.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
L
Lots of comments on that vlog agree.
Weird they not deleted.
However it was an AD I guess only reason they not deleted.

Reactions: 7
She couldn't even be bothered to follow up with information on address, what items they need donated, contact info etc for anyone local who may have been inspired to visit and donate items. So her visit highlighted that Ella's Kitchen donate to foodbanks, no more than that. It did not serve any purpose for the foodbank in particular, nor did it address any of the discussions about why they are needed, how to access them etc.
Well it did, because we haven't stopped talking about in, how long, well since December.

Yes 8 is hard to believe

1 ) Tenerife in Feb.
2) Neilson Italy spring I think
3)Neilson greece with chums think June
4) tui gran Canaria Sept just before they moved house.
5) disneyland Paris Tesco freebie October
6) Gleneagles weekend August/Sept I think.

7 and 8 were short breaks for weddings.
Some cottage with hot tub .
Wasn't there a cottage they trashed?
It was a pricy time as Lee had to hire a kilt both occasions.
But it transpired just before Xmas they went to a local dance and they too skint to buy him a kilt.
Was that the one in Cullen?

Reactions: 1
This right here is the post that made me go wtf! It's from September going on about not going on holiday during the summer holidays. Would have been good, apart from the fact she'd had twelvety million hols before that and another twelvety million coming up ( didn't even know that at the time) I didn't mind that it was actually an ad, it was the not having a summer holiday that irked me!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.